Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 05:01:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin License  (Read 778 times)
_der_pate_ (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 11:47:28 AM

Hey guys,
I have a qiuck questions about buying and selling bitcoins. Is it true that I need a license to act with the currency.
Thaanks for the answers.7 Grin
devans

Activity: 528
Merit: 368

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 01:10:09 PM

The answer to that depends on your jurisdiction and can be highly fact-specific. That being said, in most jurisdictions the simple act of buying and selling Bitcoins does not require a license.

A word of advice: Don't ask for legal advice here unless it's merely out of curiosity. More often than not the responses tend to be dangerously uninformed or even outright wrong. If it matters, ask a lawyer.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 01:15:25 PM

Hey guys,
I have a qiuck questions about buying and selling bitcoins. Is it true that I need a license to act with the currency.

If you are going to buy and sell bitcoins then you need to comply with the requirements of the state and you must have a business permits. If you will not comply your business cannot operate or will be disallowed by banks to do further transactions. And so to be sure that the government and banks will support your business you must abide by the law.
shamzblueworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2017, 01:20:45 PM

Hey guys,
General answer is NO. But specifically, where are you from? But I have not actually heard about any state which issues licences for trading bitcoin, so just jump in most probably you won't need any. But if it is actually banned in your country or state, then you might have to ask a lawyer about it. 
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2017, 01:31:54 PM

If your country has not declared bitcoins as illegal, you CANNOT buy or sell bitcoins. Only companies/exchange websites need to have a license to operate their services and NOT individuals.

Bitcoins is not yet banned in most countries but when you deal with bitcoins, you need to make sure the company/individual you are dealing with is trusted else you can be questioned about its source or those funds will be frozen for investigation.

canah17

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 01:50:31 PM

Hey guys,

Well it really depends on the country what your in now because other countries has a license to buy and to sell bitcoin but here in my country its really not that illegal because its just money in the internet but some countries ban bitcoin because you can easily buy drugs in the black market here in the internet and you have to get a license for a plan or to be secure if someone will ask you what is your purpose in buying or selling bitcoin that's is all to have a license is a good thing Cheesy and also if someone buys bitcoin from you show them your license and they will trust you Cheesy
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 02:21:09 PM

It would really be country-specific so it's hard to give you a definite answer. Probably the best way to recognize whether you'll need additional requirement would be how tightly they regulate bitcoin in your country. In my country for example it's possible to just make a wallet and buy and sell bitcoins face-to-face and the government wouldn't be any wiser.

If you'd want to do it without risking meeting up with strangers though, you'll have to go through exchanges which are quite strict with identification. I made an account before our government released a circular requiring exchanges to register as money transfer companies. Even without the government breathing down their neck, they asked for addresses, a selfie and a photo of a government ID and it took days to complete my registration.
AicecreaME

Activity: 2380
Merit: 454

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 04:06:39 PM

Hey guys,

It depends also on what country you are came from, because you might violate some laws if you are not going to make a research first about your country if they allow the citizens to use bitcoin legally. But I think it is not, because usually, bitcoin is legal on different countries and can be freely use by the people on a certain country, like here in our country, Government allows us to use bitcoin, but they are not accepting yet that bitcoin could be use in any transaction that we will going to make in our daily basis.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: