Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 03:05:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 main mistakes of Bitcoin newbies  (Read 20877 times)
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 08:35:55 AM

Hi, with price soaring and newbies joining I found useful sharing this miniguide.
Hope this is appreciated

http://immutable.today/10-mistakes-bitcoin-newbies/
I just visited your site i know i'm too late it's already 2 months here. After reading your blog I think I’ve been in the same situation like those the "newbies" especially point 3,5 and 8.  I'm starting with point 3 the "panic selling" i bought bitcoin at 600+ dollars resell at 280 dollars totally crazy, i ever thought to mining bitcoin by myself which is too impossible for a newbie, and the last point is "Rich soon with Faucets" well i've been passed this it was freebitcoin i thought that we could be rich by doing so how funny when you only got less than 5 dollars monthly from faucet.
Antoshka

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 12:04:18 PM

Hi, with price soaring and newbies joining I found useful sharing this miniguide.
Hope this is appreciated

I just visited your site i know i'm too late it's already 2 months here. After reading your blog I think I’ve been in the same situation like those the "newbies" especially point 3,5 and 8.  I'm starting with point 3 the "panic selling" i bought bitcoin at 600+ dollars resell at 280 dollars totally crazy, i ever thought to mining bitcoin by myself which is too impossible for a newbie, and the last point is "Rich soon with Faucets" well i've been passed this it was freebitcoin i thought that we could be rich by doing so how funny when you only got less than 5 dollars monthly from faucet.

I agree with many points.
And it's impossible to get bitcoin on cranes now. It's a waste of time. Even $ 5 a month is hard to make. But beginners often do not understand this
bitcoindusts

Activity: 1064
Merit: 271

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 12:17:24 PM

Hope this is appreciated

I just saw this thread and even if it's 2 months old it's still relevant.

The main mistakes that I think are the most common in the newbies from that article are:

-Mining bitcoins - I remember when I joined bitcoin I wanted to mine, and basically my laptop got overheated and i couldn't bare the noise and eventually, my laptop just died and had to get it repaired. Got literally 0 from that.

- Trading altcoins, buying into shitcoins - I bought into a coin called Zetacoin because there was such a big hype over at cryptsy at the time. In the end it was near worthless, and i'm not even sure that people have exchanges for it.

- Buying coin with paypal/CC - The reason why people charge outrageous rates is because they have to assume that you are a scammer. If you are legit then you can always go through the process of verification and buy from Coinbase, or other big exchanges for close to 1% of spot price.

I guess this kind of thread will never grow old.  There is always a new comer to Bitcoin, meaning there is always a newbie everyday and these newbies always commit this kind of mistakes.  Sad but true, it even happen to me lol.   I once thought that faucet is a good way to get a good amount of bitcoin but well I find that it is wrong and faucets are just dust and will never give us a good amount with regards to the time consumed. 
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 01:04:36 PM

Hope this is appreciated

The main mistakes that I think are the most common in the newbies from that article are:

-Mining bitcoins - I remember when I joined bitcoin I wanted to mine, and basically my laptop got overheated and i couldn't bare the noise and eventually, my laptop just died and had to get it repaired. Got literally 0 from that.

- Trading altcoins, buying into shitcoins - I bought into a coin called Zetacoin because there was such a big hype over at cryptsy at the time. In the end it was near worthless, and i'm not even sure that people have exchanges for it.

- Buying coin with paypal/CC - The reason why people charge outrageous rates is because they have to assume that you are a scammer. If you are legit then you can always go through the process of verification and buy from Coinbase, or other big exchanges for close to 1% of spot price.

I guess this kind of thread will never grow old.  There is always a new comer to Bitcoin, meaning there is always a newbie everyday and these newbies always commit this kind of mistakes.  Sad but true, it even happen to me lol.   I once thought that faucet is a good way to get a good amount of bitcoin but well I find that it is wrong and faucets are just dust and will never give us a good amount with regards to the time consumed. 

You can say it is a total waste of time to do faucet, but it is not wrong to earn in faucets, I have started earning in faucets and at first I am happy of the results because I have learn how to make transaction over an online wallet for the first time and I have felt happiness because of the first payment I have made in it that turn out to be just a little amount and there is a lot more in earning bitcoin, but I never have think about faucets are wrong!
HTracer

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 03:43:10 PM

Neat, brief good writing. Appreciated.
I have marked link to share on fitting occasions.
Haladay

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 03:59:23 PM

Main common mistakes are listed below:
-Sharing the private key to the others.
-Forgetting the private key.
-Using online wallets.
nikkisnowe

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 06:08:38 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2017, 06:47:29 PM by nikkisnowe

If you got scammed in some way, shape, or form after entering the crypto market... Welcome to the club.  It's basically a rite of passage.  Consider yourself having passed the first test of Bitcoin (or whatever altcoin/scam you're into).  I've been here since late 2011 and fell into playing Satoshi dice using a Martingale strategy.  Thankfully I pretty much broke even however could have easily lost big time.  There was an early Bitcoin prediction market that ultimately pulled an exit scam causing me to lose 2 or 3 bitcoins.  Of course I had a number of bitcoins in Mt. Gox when that went down.  I feel like an expert.  After a while you learn the "Capital A, #1 rule of Bitcoin"  Don't trust anyone or anything because everyone is out to separate you from your bitcoins.
Once again, welcome to the club.
mlferro

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 06:51:52 PM

Hope this is appreciated

You can say it is a total waste of time to do faucet, but it is not wrong to earn in faucets, I have started earning in faucets and at first I am happy of the results because I have learn how to make transaction over an online wallet for the first time and I have felt happiness because of the first payment I have made in it that turn out to be just a little amount and there is a lot more in earning bitcoin, but I never have think about faucets are wrong!

Certainly faucets are the easiest way to make first contact with bitcoin. I, I have the same opinion as you, and my story with bitcoin very close to yours. In fact, the faucets take a lot of time, but  what the problem in staying a few hours visiting faucets? I do not see any problem. Often, you see a notice (in some advertisement) that you find interesting, and so you end up learning something positive or negative that will surely add to your experience.

chaser15
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 07:19:03 PM

Main common mistakes are listed below:
-Sharing the private key to the others.
-Forgetting the private key.
-Using online wallets.

-Who the heck will give private key to others? Even an average newbie knows that.

-Agree here and it really happened. But there are also some cases which we can considered as technical loss like private keys stored in a secured storage but still experienced some shit things.

-I don't see any wrong for using online wallets. We are using third party services here but it doesn't make newbies that they are doing it wrong. Just keep in mind that never used online wallets for storing coins but use their services that no doubt giving us some advantages on what to do with our bitcoin/s.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 09:08:02 PM

Investing in cloud mining, doubler sites and going for gambling are the mistakes committed by most of the newbie as even I have made that mistakes in the past  when I was newbie so we cannot blame them as its an common practice in bitcoins.

There you can get money only with great luck, but as a rule, many just lose money there and miss the opportunity to start making real bitcoin.

So you are not aware that those type of investments are scam? You even don't need have luck for it. Because most of the newbies are thinking that it is an easy way to earn bitcoin but the real thing is that those ways are truly fooling us and it's a scam attempt for those people that are lack of knowledge in the bitcoin economy such as newbies.

Basically, such scams come across beginners or with a bit of experience who want to get a lot of easy money.

Mostly it goes with the newbies as they really don't have an idea that those things are existing in bitcoin. But the good thing is that we are here to warn those newbies that those investments are just going to bring them harm and and disappointment. It's already an attitude of us that we want to get a lot of easy money.
ipungadhi

Activity: 272

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 11:25:22 PM

Investing in cloud mining, doubler sites and going for gambling are the mistakes committed by most of the newbie as even I have made that mistakes in the past  when I was newbie so we cannot blame them as its an common practice in bitcoins.

There you can get money only with great luck, but as a rule, many just lose money there and miss the opportunity to start making real bitcoin.
Lol yeah that is often done by most newbie. I also recognize that when I first use bitcoin. I also use doubler to get bitcoin Lol

Smoxer

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 12:22:43 AM

thank you so much, i actually made number 7 on my own lol
panganib999

Activity: 1750
Merit: 589

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2017, 12:38:46 AM

Hope this is appreciated

I think not only newbies made mistakes about you've mentioned above but also the users in higher ranks. Even though they are in higher ranks but still they made mistakes. But as you shared this kind of idea well maybe it can be prevented by all users in bitcoin. And it only depends to the users if they want to made that things even they already know what's the result of it
Indeed, most of the high rank here in forum made a huge mistake before. One mistake that all users of bitcoin can made is not saving more bitcoin before because as of now bitcoin price is pumping up, its value is increased more than ever before. As the demand increase at the popularity of bitcoin develops more thing about bitcoin. So if people save more than before it pump more people earn more. But if I am one of them that did not take the risk.
Lonthe

Activity: 384

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 01:01:24 AM

I think the newbie mistake of bitcoin is just think short, when price rises look then they will sell it all (including me). then when high prices don't want to buy and continue to hope the price goes down.

OOOBTC.com ●  ●  Trade Crypto On This Awesome Platform
▬▬ ●  Lightning Enabled  | Fast & Secure  |  11 Mil Bounty ●  ▬▬
Bounty Thread Whitepaper FB Page Twitter Telegram
Seansky

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 01:45:12 AM

I remember when I was a newbie, the mistake I made is that I thought faucet can make me rich soon as stated in the link given by OP. I really regret I wasted 2 days on faucet earning barely a dollar which made me stop using bitcoin for some period of time before I came back and have known that someone can really earn with bitcoin by using the right methods. This mistake I think was the main mistakes of bitcoin newbies that don't really buy bitcoin that much or newbies who just wants to earn some bitcoin like me back then.
Doofus

Activity: 102

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 02:05:05 AM

though shy to admit, but i've made some same mistakes.
prashanta
Copper Member

Activity: 728

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 04:07:04 AM

I'm also a newbie here & I have made some mistakes already due to leak of unreading rules & regulation about this forum I think. hopefully I will come over from mistake soon & try my level best to be continued with good activities in bitcoin.org
Finally, who guys are newbie  till now they will try to keep your good activities here & care about the rulse regulation before pushing any acts.

thanks to all.
Anjing Lu

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 08:02:25 AM

The most frequent errors perpetrated newbie is they are looking for a free way for example bitcoin claims faucet, and following a giveaway. Perhaps the result there but I think it is not enough to change the cost of the internet.
posternat

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 08:05:39 AM

One mistake which most Newbies make is looking to buy a high rank account. I guess you better take above advice, just let your account grow and it is much safer and you know the account very well.unlike buying high rank, you do not know how many transaction made, and how does it goes.
mmo_online_1981

Activity: 798

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 10:06:22 AM

Follow me:
  + BTC is not as private as you think, it is still possible to find the sender when exchanging
  + Be very careful otherwise you can lose all the money in your wallet
  + The value of BTC up and down, fluctuating very large, (you must be financially lost when not affect life)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: