Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:02:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining with Nvidia Compute 1.1, year 2017  (Read 3380 times)
Lordas (OP)

Activity: 142
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 08:09:37 AM

I have 3 old Nvidia 8800GT, and PCs that always on. Trying to mine smth.
Last miner that I found and working is cudaminer of 2013 July. It is working and I can mine only scrypt coins.
During two weeks I mined huge amount of almost 0.001 LTC...

Question is - are there any other possibilities? To mine other algos with no ASICs...
cudaminer-2014-02-28 with keccak possibility not working, seems lowest possible cards
are compute 2.0. Same with ccminer of Kbomba.

I have tried to compile ccminer with compute 1.0 support, but with no luck.

Maybe smb have binaries for these cards, any advices?

Yes, yes - I understand that these cards are from stone age and know that I burn much more
electricity than get value Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 08:35:39 AM

try lbry or zcash
Lordas (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 01:59:46 PM

try lbry or zcash

Maxwell at least needed Sad
babyfist

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 04:31:19 PM

I have similar issues. I can get cudaminer to run but no submitted shares. ~5-15 Kh/s on my gtx260m. using cudaminer 2014-02-28

Code:
cudaminer.exe --algo=scrypt:1028 -o stratum+tcp://coinminers.net:3288 -u Cf744PafTaz7uPykbqHY8dqE1GQpP32PiG -p password -i 1 -l L28x1 -C 1 -H 2

(coin above is ChanCoin some LTC copy coin)

Have an LTC .bat that will run and submit on the machine but yield no results(Global h/s is to high for my small h/s for payouts).

Code:
cudaminer.exe --algo=scrypt -o stratum+tcp://ltc.pool.minergate.com:3336 -u EMAIL@Email.com -p x -C 1 -H 2

The SMX of my card is 14.
Have switched up the --algo=scrypt sometimes.. works as well still no submits.
Have tried a few other -l options. -l L14x2 -l L14x1 -l L14x3 -l L28x3
Some do not validate on cpu with the kernel options.
I have lots of other hardware with similar specs and am currently not paying for electricity and would like to get them up and running. Does anyone know of cuda GPU miner that is compute 1.x compatible?

Second question...
How can I add an algo to an existing miner?
Ex. I have cudaminer and would like to include the Cryptonight/cryptolight Algo.
cudaminer is dated can I do this?
I want to add cryptonight to a compute 1.x miner?
mirny
Legendary

Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:39:05 AM

Load of software won't work with this ancient cards.
Put that one away, and get some gtx 1060-1070.
Then you'll find out some basics.

This is my signature...
Lordas (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 07:46:38 PM

Ppl usually answer question or do not. Why tell useless info?
volkanger

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 08:22:50 PM

I'm researching here and I'm fed up with these kind of comments! It's non of your business if I'm killing off my machine or paying too much electricity or whatever. The question is simple and please don't waste time for useless info so that I (and other researches) don't spend time reading BS.

For the rest, CudaMiner is asking for newer compute versions and I couldn't find the old build. ccminer seems to be mining but haven't got lucky to send even one result (which makes me feel that it's not actually working). I'll update this post if I happen to find anything for Geforce 8800 GT or Quadro NVS 295 (both 1.1 compute)

What about OpenCL mining? Is that something totally different than Cuda mining?
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 12:58:35 AM

I'm researching here and I'm fed up with these kind of comments! It's non of your business if I'm killing off my machine or paying too much electricity or whatever. The question is simple and please don't waste time for useless info so that I (and other researches) don't spend time reading BS.

For the rest, CudaMiner is asking for newer compute versions and I couldn't find the old build. ccminer seems to be mining but haven't got lucky to send even one result (which makes me feel that it's not actually working). I'll update this post if I happen to find anything for Geforce 8800 GT or Quadro NVS 295 (both 1.1 compute)

What about OpenCL mining? Is that something totally different than Cuda mining?

The answer is not simple, otherwise you would be able to mine any coin.  The problem you are running into isn't a matter of wasting time or electricity.  The problem is the modern software does not support your obsolete card.  I mean your card was already 6 years old when the first version of cudaminer came out.  What you have to realize is mining originally was performed by the CPU, GPU mining is rather recent.  You can of course dig up some of the first GPU mining software but all of those algos will have ASIC miners.
bucketofsocks

Activity: 83
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 01:33:12 AM

back in the early days it was all amd, nvidia cards didn't really become relevant until the 750ti

and back then all coins were scrypt, I would try to find the lowest net hashrate scrypt coin you can and see if you can get submitted shares on that. LTC has way to high a hashrate you could go years without finding a share, try something like Francs
volkanger

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:42:44 PM

Some updates on my side:

Managed to get Pool response when I tried to mine scrypt in a x11 only pool. That's a step forward for me Smiley

cudaminer is running with 582 khash/s on a pool but I don't see any Result Accepted message from the pool. Could it be because it's now too difficult to mine? (still I'm hashing)

GeForce 8800 GT on cudaminer-2014-02-28\x86 

Here's my Start.bat:
cudaminer.exe -a scrypt -o stratum+tcp:// Shocked :3339 -u volkanger.1 -p x -d geforce8800 -l L20x8 Theratically, L28x8 should work, but the app crashes.

I also couldn't find a way to build the Cuda Miner. The build is asking for .Net 4.0 but I already got that installed :S

PS. NVS 295 is also working with lower config.
ctucker

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:22:44 PM

Some updates on my side:

Managed to get Pool response when I tried to mine scrypt in a x11 only pool. That's a step forward for me Smiley

cudaminer is running with 582 khash/s on a pool but I don't see any Result Accepted message from the pool. Could it be because it's now too difficult to mine? (still I'm hashing)

GeForce 8800 GT on cudaminer-2014-02-28\x86 

Here's my Start.bat:
cudaminer.exe -a scrypt -o stratum+tcp:// Shocked :3339 -u volkanger.1 -p x -d geforce8800 -l L20x8 Theratically, L28x8 should work, but the app crashes.

I also couldn't find a way to build the Cuda Miner. The build is asking for .Net 4.0 but I already got that installed :S

PS. NVS 295 is also working with lower config.

What altcoin are you mining?
I have same GeForce 8800 GT and I I would like to mine monero.
In your start.bat I don't see on what pool you are mining. 
Mr.merson

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 08:10:43 AM
Last edit: November 19, 2017, 08:24:43 AM by Mr.merson

I come to relive this theme again

As the rest have said, these video cards only support the following algorithms

scrypt
scrypt-jane
scrypt-N
keccak
blake

and in turn I stop having support (from of Compute capability 1, 1.2, 1.3)

but here is my question, this is an impediment to add new algorithms to what I mean ... these cards are at the level of several processors that still have SUPPORT  for up to 50 algorithms ....

an example can be the cryptonight algorithm, and yes, it is not a joke and neither is it not precisely to mining "monero",an example  can be ... coins in premature age (low difficulty)

or what about yescrypt and yescryptR16? There is still enough algorithm that can be exploited by these old video cards, which, again, are at the same height of some CPU's that still have development support....

If only I had knowledge in this topic of development of mining program I would not hesitate any second to revive this forgotten technology.of step nor would know by where to start
Lordas (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:09:09 PM

I mined scrypt on p2pools and it woks, but result is around zero because of ASICs. But was good point that these cards are still better than many CPUs and worth to play with. Unfortunately I can not compile ccminer with compute 1.1 support...
Mr.merson

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:49:33 AM
Last edit: November 24, 2017, 01:29:19 AM by Mr.merson

I mined scrypt on p2pools and it woks, but result is around zero because of ASICs. But was good point that these cards are still better than many CPUs and worth to play with. Unfortunately I can not compile ccminer with compute 1.1 support...

+1
you can still extract certain altcoin's with low dificulty hash network, but you have said with ASIC on the horizon it is not worth extracting scrypt algorithm  Cry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After an intense search, I found a mining program that supports the following algorithm but in "gross strength" (tested from a nvidia compute capability 1.1 card)

*neoscrypt

It is not the best algorithm of all but ... any other something for this card from my point of view is appreciated

tests

https://imgur.com/a/9btqt

edit decred lyra2v2

Lordas (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:53:32 PM

WOW! Congrats! My intense searches was not so good. So I am still stuck with old pre-X11 cudaminer....
Black.Reaper.64

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:46:37 PM

I also have an old GPU, GeForce 8400 GS, and I haven't been able to mine with it, I was trying to mine a cryptonight coin but  haven't found a miner that supports 1.1 computing. I searched for ccminer 1.0 but it says it only support 2.0 GPUs, is anyone here who have tried it who knows if it also have support for 1.1 GPUs? I don't want to mine scrypt coins because there are a lot of ASICs out there, and even in a pool it won't be profitable at all.
Mr.merson

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 09:13:13 AM

I also have an old GPU, GeForce 8400 GS, and I haven't been able to mine with it, I was trying to mine a cryptonight coin but  haven't found a miner that supports 1.1 computing. I searched for ccminer 1.0 but it says it only support 2.0 GPUs, is anyone here who have tried it who knows if it also have support for 1.1 GPUs? I don't want to mine scrypt coins because there are a lot of ASICs out there, and even in a pool it won't be profitable at all.

believe me that I have tried an infinity of mining program with disappointing results, although I encourage you to search, if you find any program compatible with this forgotten architecture

right now I suppose some things

In the search, I have found that some algorithms can be mined, such as decred, lyra2v2 and neoscrypt, but this is based on open.cl, which I would venture to say offers a horrible performance for the nvdia card

I have investigated the possibility of implementing the algorithm "cryptonight" because it is one of the few that can be taken advantage of this type of cards (and no, it's not precisely for monero)

my deduction so far is ...

I do not think there is any impediment at the level of instructions in the GPU (such a necessary case in cpu)

I suppose you would have to compile from 0, to which I mean? adapt the algorithm 
cryptonight based on the architecture of the gpu compute x1

I would love to try it but I have 0% knowledge in the c ++ language, CUDA and the times that I have tried have been total failure and because of my inexperience of understanding the architecture and the compilation language used

There are also no guides based on the creation of a mining GPU softwaer that helps
kaszebe1

Activity: 397
Merit: 9

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:38:46 AM

Is this thread still alive ?

Im also interested in cryptonight miner for my old GTX 260  ( it's compute 1.3 i think...)

Can't find anything working ...

Will someone be so nice an compile a ccminer for those old nvidia cards ?

I have no clue how to do this Sad
babyfist

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 04:28:20 AM

Is this thread still alive ?

Im also interested in cryptonight miner for my old GTX 260  ( it's compute 1.3 i think...)

Can't find anything working ...

Will someone be so nice an compile a ccminer for those old nvidia cards ?

I have no clue how to do this Sad

You must use mining software from when they supported the older compute versions see my old post in this thread. I got cudaminer 2014-02-28 to run on the same card you mentioned. Look on github under release for older releases and see what compute level they support. Good luck hobby mining.

I have similar issues. I can get cudaminer to run but no submitted shares. ~5-15 Kh/s on my gtx260m. using cudaminer 2014-02-28

Code:
cudaminer.exe --algo=scrypt:1028 -o stratum+tcp://coinminers.net:3288 -u Cf744PafTaz7uPykbqHY8dqE1GQpP32PiG -p password -i 1 -l L28x1 -C 1 -H 2

(coin above is ChanCoin some LTC copy coin)

Have an LTC .bat that will run and submit on the machine but yield no results(Global h/s is to high for my small h/s for payouts).

Code:
cudaminer.exe --algo=scrypt -o stratum+tcp://ltc.pool.minergate.com:3336 -u EMAIL@Email.com -p x -C 1 -H 2

The SMX of my card is 14.
Have switched up the --algo=scrypt sometimes.. works as well still no submits.
Have tried a few other -l options. -l L14x2 -l L14x1 -l L14x3 -l L28x3
Some do not validate on cpu with the kernel options.
I have lots of other hardware with similar specs and am currently not paying for electricity and would like to get them up and running. Does anyone know of cuda GPU miner that is compute 1.x compatible?

Second question...
How can I add an algo to an existing miner?
Ex. I have cudaminer and would like to include the Cryptonight/cryptolight Algo.
cudaminer is dated can I do this?
I want to add cryptonight to a compute 1.x miner?
mach123coin

Activity: 29

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:05:25 PM

Just sharing this regarding old Nvidia cards.

I have several old Nvidia compute 2.0 cards that do work with xmr-stak x64 2.20 for mining monero algorithms! I was please to discover that there is a use for older gtx 500, and tesla m2050,2070 cards. Not bad for free power mining at 313, 450 h on Tesla m2050, m2070 with no display. So I had to put a primary card in to get cuda 9 dev kit installed and see what I was doing. Tongue
They will work with ccminer for neoscrypt, and probably the old cuda miner.

The Tesla cards usually have gddr5 ram, a bit faster memory clock rate to make up for the 500-800 mhz core clocks, but at least 448 cores is a big step to mining more hashes per second.  That's enough cores to be equivalent to a gtx 960 or 750ti.  It seems there is a fire sale on discontinued tesla m2050 and m2070 cards on ebay and newegg for about $35-$40 each. (2/2018)  So that's a good way to ramp up into the higher hashes incrementally.

It is also possible to hack the hardware device id resistors on older GF100-GF116 cored cards into a tesla and unlock the extra features for Xen and maybe up the memory bandwidth. Basically it allows the CUDA 8/9 dev tools to run on the old dogs like gts 450, 560, etc.
See this thread here:
http://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/hacking-nvidia-cards-into-their-professional-counterparts/

Although compute 2.0 or lower support was removed from Nicehash 2.x a while ago. I am still tinkering with the older legacy 1.75, 1.80 with some success depending on the card.

I worked a deal with a recycle center to let me sort the old cards for him to determine which are mineable and split the revenue instead of smelting them down for copper/gold.

Cheers
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: