Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:22:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NEWBIE NEEDING HELP!  (Read 1011 times)
routeissoni (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 11:12:28 AM

Hello,

I'm a rookie with BTC, but I just wanted to send my money to blackmarket, not straight, but from the place I buy them -> through Armory -> to the real Blackmarket wallet. But now, Armory doesn't show me the balance. It just shows (...) where balance is reading.. can someone help me, i'm in a bit of a hurry and such a noobie and ashamed, haallppp! :-) xo

EDIT: https://gyazo.com/f9c2e6a3d10fa97747872c25b7080890

So, thats what it shows when I push "Send bitcoins", and yes, I have that bitcoin core program.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
routeissoni (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 11:29:13 AM

And I can check that the transaction has been fine from blockchain also. So I don't know... how I can get the money off that Armory? Fuckin' weird lol Cheesy I appreciate hugely if someone helps me out =)
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6635

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2017, 02:05:05 PM

Is Bitcoin Core fully synced?

Can you please post the armorylog.txt and dblog.txt files found in the Armory data folder.

routeissoni (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 03:40:35 PM

Is Bitcoin Core fully synced?

Can you please post the armorylog.txt and dblog.txt files found in the Armory data folder.

Oh. Fuck me. Does that Bitcoin Core really work that way. Now I realized it. So I have to wait for fuckin' days that it goes full sync. Gladly I've SSD. Thanks for help guys, but I think it's now up to that BTC Core lowerpartscale that says to me in finnish language that: "Syncronizing with web: 4 years, 37 days behind"

May that be the reason?

Best regards,

Newbie-idiot Grin
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2017, 04:02:25 PM

Oh. Fuck me. Does that Bitcoin Core really work that way. Now I realized it. So I have to wait for fuckin' days that it goes full sync. Gladly I've SSD. Thanks for help guys, but I think it's now up to that BTC Core lowerpartscale that says to me in finnish language that: "Syncronizing with web: 4 years, 37 days behind"

May that be the reason?

Best regards,

Newbie-idiot Grin
Yes, Bitcoin Core must be fully up to date. If it says that it is behind by some number of days, weeks, or years, then it is not synced. Note that the time listed there is not the amount of time that is required for it to actually be up to date but rather that the most recent block it has is that long ago. It can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days depending on your hardware and internet connection.

routeissoni (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 04:06:34 PM

I don't have room for that. What can I do now?
EDIT: Meaning disc-space.

Can I move those BTC elsewhere via Armory, even I guess it doesn't work that way, or do I have to buy more SSD.  Huh Huh Cheesy
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2017, 04:13:38 PM

Bitcoin Core has a pruning feature which deletes most of the blockchain, but unfortunately Armory will not work if you enable that.

Can I move those BTC elsewhere via Armory, even I guess it doesn't work that way, or do I have to buy more SSD.  Huh Huh Cheesy
You can export the private keys for your address(es) from Armory and import them into another wallet. You can import them into Bitcoin Core and enable pruning, or use a different lightweight wallet like Electrum.

routeissoni (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 05:56:39 PM

Bitcoin Core has a pruning feature which deletes most of the blockchain, but unfortunately Armory will not work if you enable that.

You can export the private keys for your address(es) from Armory and import them into another wallet. You can import them into Bitcoin Core and enable pruning, or use a different lightweight wallet like Electrum.
So directly from Armory -> Electrum? I'll try to work on that. God I feel stupid. If this works I'll tip ya...
routeissoni (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 05:41:26 AM

I still have the money on Armory (stuck), and I don't have enough disc-space for Bitcoin Core even though I tried the pruning thing.. I pay someone 20$ in BTC if they tell me exactly how I get my money away from Armory without installing Bitcoin Core and move them to Electrum.. And by exactly I mean that I don't know shitall about these...  Roll Eyes

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2017, 06:14:45 AM

I still have the money on Armory (stuck), and I don't have enough disc-space for Bitcoin Core even though I tried the pruning thing.. I pay someone 20$ in BTC if they tell me exactly how I get my money away from Armory without installing Bitcoin Core and move them to Electrum.. And by exactly I mean that I don't know shitall about these...  Roll Eyes
Download and install Electrum from https://electrum.org/#download. Once it is installed, start it up. It should ask you to make a new wallet. Choose the Standard wallet option and follow the instructions in the dialog to secure your wallet.

Make sure that Bitcoin Core is shut down. Start Armory. If you did not change it so that you have to manually start Bitcoin Core, go to File > Settings, and uncheck the box "Let Armory run Bitcoin Core in the background". Then restart Armory. Armory should be in offline mode.

In Armory, double click your wallet in the table at the top right of the window. This should open up a "Wallet Properties" dialog box. Click on "Backup This Wallet" and another window should appear. Choose the option "Export key lists" and then click the big "Export key lists" button. You should now see a window titled "All wallet keys". You will see a bunch of checkboxes at the top right. Uncheck all of them except for "Private key (Plain base 58)". At the bottom of the window, check the box "Omit spaces in data". In the middle of the window you should now see some lines that start with "PrivBase58:" and are followed by a string that begin with a '5'. The strings beginning with '5' are your private keys. Copy all of the lines that are of that format (ignore the stuff at the beginning, which should be Created, Wallet Name, and Wallet ID, you don't need those).

Now back to Electrum. Go to Wallet > Private keys > Sweep. In the big box, paste all of the private keys that you copied. Remove the "PrivBase58:" in front of each line. At the bottom of the dialog is a field for an address. This is because you are sweeping the Bitcoin so Electrum will send all of the Bitcoin associated with the private keys you entered to an address in the Electrum wallet. It should choose an address in your wallet for you. Then click "Sweep" and follow whatever other instructions Electrum gives you. Wait for the transaction to confirm, and Voila, you have migrated all of your Bitcoin to Electrum.

Once the transaction confirms, it should be safe for you to uninstall Armory, uninstall Bitcoin Core, and delete their data directories.

Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 06:30:09 AM

1. Right click the Armory shortcut.
2. In the target field after the existing text add the following without quotes "--offline".
3. Click Apply and accept.
4. Start Armory.
5. Double click your wallet.
6. Choose "Backup This Wallet".
7. Click "See Other Backup Options".
8. Select "Export Key Lists".
9. Click the box "Export Key Lists" at the bottom.
10. Enter your password.
11. Check "Omit Space In Key Data".
12. Choose "Save To File".
13. Click "OK".
14. Choose a location (and remember it).
15. Click "Save".

16. Open Electrum.
17. Select "Auto-connect".
18. Choose "Standard wallet".
19. Choose "Create a new seed".
20. Follow the instructions (save those words).
21. Enter the words.
22. Choose a password.
23. Select the "Wallet" drop down menu.
24. Choose "Private keys".
25. Select "Sweep".

26. Open the file you saved from Armory.
27. Copy the string after "PrivBase58".
28. Paste it into the Electrum window.
29. Your funds should show up after another block is found on the network.

Edit: Looks like achow types faster than I do. I figured I would post anyway just in case. Smiley

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
routeissoni (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 12:13:37 PM

Thanks guys, I did as you said, and now I'm waiting for another block to found on the network! While there was 2 of you giving me these crucial infos, I'll have to do a lil change and give you both $10 approx, since I used the advices of both of yours, which were really good for a new person who hasn't got a clue what is going on. If I don't see Holliday's BTC-address, I send the whole $20 to achow then.

How long it usually takes after I do that transaction (Armory -> Electrum) - that the block is found and the money is "in the pocket" ?

Thank you guys, I think this worked after all, even it still shows 0.00btc, but I did as you said, and I guess it worked. So thank you really much, you've been so helpful and not being an arseholes like rest of the internet. I came here with an attitude that people are going to make fun of me and mock me and do shit like that, as Internet is nowadays.. what a shame it is though. But here it seems that you want to help, and that is cool and appreciatable!  Grin Grin
brokens

Activity: 728
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 04:44:38 PM

into newbie inded very tiring  Grin
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 06:13:23 PM

I send the whole $20 to achow then.

I would prefer that! Thanks!

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2017, 06:20:22 PM

How long it usually takes after I do that transaction (Armory -> Electrum) - that the block is found and the money is "in the pocket" ?
It looks like Electrum used its default transaction fee which is quite low relative to the current recommended fee so it could be a while until the transaction actually confirms. I suggest that enable Electrum's dynamic fees by going to Tools > Preferences and checking the box "Use dynamic fees" so that you don't have issues in the future with transactions taking a long time to confirm.

routeissoni (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 09:53:06 PM

It looks like Electrum used its default transaction fee which is quite low relative to the current recommended fee so it could be a while until the transaction actually confirms. I suggest that enable Electrum's dynamic fees by going to Tools > Preferences and checking the box "Use dynamic fees" so that you don't have issues in the future with transactions taking a long time to confirm.
Yeah, I got the money on time (almost), 30 minutes late and I felt that it's impossible since my so-called bitcoin-nerd friend couldn't help me, but then I got help here so it's great. Now I've been studying bitcoins more, and since I use them alot it'd be good to know smth about them also. Like mining, safer wallets et cetera. I'm learning.. slowly 'n steady....

But yeah, before I transferred the money, I did put a check mark on "Use dynamic fees" - or more likely it was there already  Huh Huh Grin and few minutes after my question about how long it takes that Electrum approves my transfer, I got them. But no... I am not leaving you guys alone. Before I have balls to uninstall Bitcoin Core and Armory, I have to know what is this about:

https://gyazo.com/d2e350388cdf9e6581f5c298e1e922da
https://blockchain.info/address/1JJLzNDwRdZS7xCvfhKiyo3UpHTX2FbLUY

So, those warning triangles on my Electrum is grinding my gears, and blockchain is showing me red signs also.. indeed..

Hey, guys, as you seem experts in situations which are shitty for me, I found a new question.. I have 2050€ in blockchain wallet, but I was cocaine-benzodiazepine -high and put 2nd password and cant do any transfers, and Blockchain's infopersons in their e-mail support were useless, (I know, I read few days after my cokeheaded nutcasing that it is not recoverable) but some guy said that for 50€ he will recover it for me in black market. I didn't believe him, because he asked for the money before doing the job. Problem is, I REALLY DON'T remember what kinda password it could be. But here is the deal for some of you (if you're Clark Kent)

1. Try somehow to get my 2nd password so I can transfer money outside of my Blockchain Wallet
2. After you've done it, I pay you 250€ in BTC, or more if I'm high or just feeling great.
3. If it's impossible, I understand. Just want to know what kind of supermen you are over here.
4. 2050€ was last time I checked. I'll take picture of the balance right away->
5. https://gyazo.com/bed1eb2d6cbe93f01341cc205d19a884 there is my balance. So I know everything else, except the 2nd password which I need to transfer BTC (as you know better than me I guess)

But hey, Holliday. I send you private message since you sir, are a legend also.

Thanks again, even if that is impossible it's been a good day. How about all of you ? Have a nice evening/morning/mid-day or wherever you are.  Smiley

-routeissoni from scandinavia - a.k.a future bitcoin expert-

EDIT: So it is.. 2086€ at the moment. So the guy who helps me, will get my password initially if needed or so, and for the success of the work I raise the paycheck. It's now 286€

I don't give my password to anyone, but these 2 helpful guys are only ones.. or someone they recommend if this even is possible. 286€ is good ay ? even if i'd be rich i'd love 286€ !  Shocked Shocked Grin
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2017, 10:21:16 PM

Yeah, I got the money on time (almost), 30 minutes late and I felt that it's impossible since my so-called bitcoin-nerd friend couldn't help me, but then I got help here so it's great. Now I've been studying bitcoins more, and since I use them alot it'd be good to know smth about them also. Like mining, safer wallets et cetera. I'm learning.. slowly 'n steady....

But yeah, before I transferred the money, I did put a check mark on "Use dynamic fees" - or more likely it was there already  Huh Huh Grin and few minutes after my question about how long it takes that Electrum approves my transfer, I got them. But no... I am not leaving you guys alone. Before I have balls to uninstall Bitcoin Core and Armory, I have to know what is this about:

So, those warning triangles on my Electrum is grinding my gears, and blockchain is showing me red signs also.. indeed..
Your transaction has not confirmed yet, so you actually don't have the Bitcoin in your wallet yet (it is not set-in-stone and irrevocable). You need to wait for the transaction to be included in the blockchain, aka receive a confirmation, before you can spend from it. The first warning is that Electrum for some reason paid a low transaction fee on both the sweeping transaction and the second transaction which you sent to tip me. The second warning is because the second transaction spends from the sweeping transaction and cannot confirm until the sweeping transaction does.

Hey, guys, as you seem experts in situations which are shitty for me, I found a new question.. I have 2050€ in blockchain wallet, but I was cocaine-benzodiazepine -high and put 2nd password and cant do any transfers, and Blockchain's infopersons in their e-mail support were useless, (I know, I read few days after my cokeheaded nutcasing that it is not recoverable) but some guy said that for 50€ he will recover it for me in black market. I didn't believe him, because he asked for the money before doing the job. Problem is, I REALLY DON'T remember what kinda password it could be. But here is the deal for some of you (if you're Clark Kent)

1. Try somehow to get my 2nd password so I can transfer money outside of my Blockchain Wallet
2. After you've done it, I pay you 250€ in BTC, or more if I'm high or just feeling great.
3. If it's impossible, I understand. Just want to know what kind of supermen you are over here.
5. https://gyazo.com/bed1eb2d6cbe93f01341cc205d19a884 there is my balance. So I know everything else, except the 2nd password which I need to transfer BTC (as you know better than me I guess)

Thanks again, even if that is impossible it's been a good day. How about all of you ? Have a nice evening/morning/mid-day or wherever you are.  Smiley

EDIT: So it is.. 2086€ at the moment. So the guy who helps me, will get my password initially if needed or so, and for the success of the work I raise the paycheck. It's now 286€

I don't give my password to anyone, but these 2 helpful guys are only ones.. or someone they recommend if this even is possible. 286€ is good ay ? even if i'd be rich i'd love 286€ !  Shocked Shocked Grin
When you setup the second password the blockchain.info wallet, it should have asked you to backup and write down recovery words. There should be twelve words. You can use those to restore the wallet to either a different software or another blockchain.info account and then spend the Bitcoin from there. If you don't have the recovery words, unfortunately there isn't any way to recover your Bitcoin if you don't remember the password. The person who claims they can recover it is talking out of his ass and probably a scammer.

routeissoni (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 12:13:37 AM

Your transaction has not confirmed yet, so you actually don't have the Bitcoin in your wallet yet (it is not set-in-stone and irrevocable). You need to wait for the transaction to be included in the blockchain, aka receive a confirmation, before you can spend from it. The first warning is that Electrum for some reason paid a low transaction fee on both the sweeping transaction and the second transaction which you sent to tip me. The second warning is because the second transaction spends from the sweeping transaction and cannot confirm until the sweeping transaction does.

When you setup the second password the blockchain.info wallet, it should have asked you to backup and write down recovery words. There should be twelve words. You can use those to restore the wallet to either a different software or another blockchain.info account and then spend the Bitcoin from there. If you don't have the recovery words, unfortunately there isn't any way to recover your Bitcoin if you don't remember the password. The person who claims they can recover it is talking out of his ass and probably a scammer.
I always write them on paper, but it's been a while and I've moved million times and it can be under pgp also.. let's find out. Thanks again bro.
routeissoni (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 12:53:01 AM

They say from Blockchain's info support, that even the 12 word thingy doesn't recover the 2nd password. I think I haven't even put the fucking 2nd password, why would I cos I always use only 4 passwords. I read from one forum and there was some guy saying that he found out that one day he logged in and he had 2nd password even he didn't put it. Is this a scam or somethin. I'm not so wasted that I would put 2nd password when I've great password and good phrases safe on my desk which reminds me of my original passwords. This is a conspiracy. I start to believe so. Well, I forget the Blockchain for about 3 weeks now because I had payday yesterday. 3 weeks and I'm poor again and crying here. So... see you then, I'll come to cry again haha  Grin Grin

But really, why would I put 2nd password when I never do that kind of stuff and I didn't even do any blackmarket stuff that night. Ofc, I was wasted, but I have skill to be wasted and always remember everything and FUCK NO, I wouldn't put some stupid 2nd password.

George W. Bush did 9/11  Lips sealed

-mad scandinavian conspiracy theorist who is mad-
routeissoni (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 01:07:45 AM

One more: achow101, Holliday and co.

http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/3313/are-there-bitcoin-password-crackers-i-can-use-to-recover-forgotten-passwords

What you guys think about that? Is that a scam/bullshit of some kind? I believe what you said earlier that without those codes it's impossible, but the scammer guy talked to me exactly about these things. Scammer guy who I talked earlier, who wanted me to pay 50€ before he "starts to work" lol.

I go to sleep, if you think that's gonna work, that'd be HELLA cool! Grin

Good night, or if you're 'muricans, good evening or smth. Smiley Smiley Smiley

-r
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: