Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:14:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The trollercoaster  (Read 1776 times)
billyjoeallen (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2011, 09:53:40 PM

I can see the trolls coming out, spreading FUD wherever they go and it's not even the weekend yet.  This time, I suspect price is going to shoot up because whoever was setting the floor on $19 may have soaked up most of the liquidity prior to the difficulty level hike.  So, in order to shake out the few remaining weak hands and spooked miners, Said cowboys are letting the price drop a little.  Either way, we're likely to see some price movement one way or the other this fin de semana.

I'll come out and say I don't have respect for many miners as their skill set is often limited to scripts and video cards.  As a group, they appear to be greedy when they should be fearful and fearful when they should be greedy.  This I know: every single bitcoin I own will be worth exactly 100 bitcents come Monday morning.  if those bitcents won't buy as many dollars, then that's just the price of the ticket on the trollercoaster.

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
billyjoeallen (OP)
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2011, 10:43:12 PM

I can see the trolls coming out, spreading FUD wherever they go and it's not even the weekend yet.  This time, I suspect price is going to shoot up because whoever was setting the floor on $19 may have soaked up most of the liquidity prior to the difficulty level hike.  So, in order to shake out the few remaining weak hands and spooked miners, Said cowboys are letting the price drop a little.  Either way, we're likely to see some price movement one way or the other this fin de semana.

I'll come out and say I don't have respect for many miners as their skill set is often limited to scripts and video cards.  As a group, they appear to be greedy when they should be fearful and fearful when they should be greedy.  This I know: every single bitcoin I own will be worth exactly 100 bitcents come Monday morning.  if those bitcents won't buy as many dollars, then that's just the price of the ticket on the trollercoaster.

Warren Buffett was here.

except Buffet only knows how to profit in a rigged market. Nobody profited more from the bail-outs than the Oracle.  Nobody would have lost more if the correction had taken place as it should have. 

insert coin here:

epi 1:10,000

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 10:55:33 PM

Your just a ball off stress today. Undecided
AtomicTrader

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 11:05:55 PM

Ya, he must be in big time. Seeing the price slowly fall is like slow torture.
billyjoeallen (OP)
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2011, 11:16:40 PM

Ya, he must be in big time. Seeing the price slowly fall is like slow torture.

I knew what I was getting into when I went long. Actually, it's less stressful than going all-in at poker. I can get out if I want to. I just don't want to. I can lock in profits or limit losses at any time. No circuit breakers. It's very empowering. I'm letting my bet ride because I believe it's more likely to pay off in the long-run. 

I could take having my position wiped out. It would hurt, but I'd live through it.  It's no worse than what anyone with a 401k, a mortgage or a small business has to deal with.

insert coin here:

epi 1:10,000

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 11:19:27 PM

It's no worse than what anyone with a 401k, a mortgage or a small business has to deal with.

True Dat
billyjoeallen (OP)
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2011, 12:10:39 AM

It's no worse than what anyone with a 401k, a mortgage or a small business has to deal with.

True Dat

I see they're starting to swarm. Who's doing the short-selling and more importantly-where? Bitoption.org doesn't have nearly enough contracts. My theory is they want to sell enough to drive the price down and them buy the bitcoin back on the cheap. These raiders are actually bulls. It has become cheaper to mine the miners than to mine.

insert coin here:

Timo Y
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

bitcoin - the aerogel of money

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 04:51:51 PM

your prediction seems to be materiallising...

GPG ID: FA868D77   bitcoin-otc:forever-d
imperi

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 04:53:39 PM

This I know: every single bitcoin I own will be worth exactly 100 bitcents come Monday morning.

Everything you think you know... is a lie!

edit: I thought that meant 100 cents. I got confused. Ignore this post.
billyjoeallen (OP)
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2011, 07:24:42 PM

Here they come again! I'm hoping to pick up some bargains if they succeed in initiating another stampede.

There's pro-trolling and then there's con-trol.

insert coin here:

TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 07:29:44 PM

Tradehill Last: 16.50

Yeah, love how everyone loses their minds. You're right, billyjoeallen, just a prime time to snatch up some bargains. How is it that all these people forget the market has 2-dollar swings or more, regularly? Amazing how short some memories are...

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
TriumVir

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 07:30:13 PM

Warren Buffett was here.

except Buffet only knows how to profit in a rigged market. Nobody profited more from the bail-outs than the Oracle.  Nobody would have lost more if the correction had taken place as it should have. 

Ain't that the truth.
grndzero

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 08:41:57 PM

Tradehill Last: 16.50

Amazing how short some memories are...

Not really. The smaller the mind, the smaller the memory.

Ubuntu Desktop x64 -  HD5850 Reference - 400Mh/s w/ cgminer  @ 975C/325M/1.175V - 11.6/2.1 SDK
Donate if you find this helpful: 1NimouHg2acbXNfMt5waJ7ohKs2TtYHePy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: