Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Loans  (Read 459 times)
WillMineForFood (OP)

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 08:10:40 PM

Saw a few pages on the internet and I was looking to know if someone invest in loans and if it is profitable.
Seems like people don't repay them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ThatRandom8543

Activity: 1330
Merit: 307

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 08:22:23 PM

Saw a few pages on the internet and I was looking to know if someone invest in loans and if it is profitable.

I dont really understand your question.
WillMineForFood (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 08:24:54 PM

I'm not a native english speaker but this question is easy to understand.

Does anyone invest in loans outside this forum ?

Are they profitable ?

As far as I see on the internet people don't look foward to repay them.
Glucose

Activity: 861
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 08:38:57 PM

Are they profitable ?

They are if you are careful enough. You have to ask for a collateral & don't loan to newbies.
If you check my trust you will see I made a few bucks lending people bitcoins.
WillMineForFood (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 08:41:28 PM

Thanks for you'r reply will take a look @ it.
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 06:34:48 AM

Are they profitable ?

Well mate you have to understand why the internet loans are so profitable. Why do they have interests of consistently over 15% p.a. when bank interests are slipping down to sub zero percentages?

When there is a risk there is a reward and with internet lending there is a large risk, and therefore a large reward.

btcjam accounts can be bought and sold. They can be hacked, and then sold on a marketplace. The buyer will then proceed to taking out a loan with that account, and of course, never paying it back. Holding another person's ID over the internet isn't that useful either, since you're probably across different borders and there isn't really a chance for you to go to court with him with such a small amount in a foreign country.

So it's all about your risk tolerance really. I suggest that you think of lending out money as giving out money. You should expect people not to pay you back, but if they do then see it as something special.
WillMineForFood (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 12:17:39 PM

Are they profitable ?

Well mate you have to understand why the internet loans are so profitable. Why do they have interests of consistently over 15% p.a. when bank interests are slipping down to sub zero percentages?

When there is a risk there is a reward and with internet lending there is a large risk, and therefore a large reward.

btcjam accounts can be bought and sold. They can be hacked, and then sold on a marketplace. The buyer will then proceed to taking out a loan with that account, and of course, never paying it back. Holding another person's ID over the internet isn't that useful either, since you're probably across different borders and there isn't really a chance for you to go to court with him with such a small amount in a foreign country.

So it's all about your risk tolerance really. I suggest that you think of lending out money as giving out money. You should expect people not to pay you back, but if they do then see it as something special.

Thanks yuuto for the kind answer.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: