Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:51:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Would this work?  (Read 750 times)
FinShaggy (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2013, 05:53:15 PM

Ok, so I want to try something...Let me know if you think it would work (The idea is to bring a new coin into existence using BTC to value it)

What if I had an online forum... And for each post they made, the members of the forum would receive 1 imaginary forum coin, lets call them CharBucks, (Since they get them for posting). Now, say these "CharBucks" (CB) were exchangeable to access to different places on the site, and to get a special membership allowing special things in your sig or something... Now, if people REALLY wanted to join your site, they might even pay to buy those CB to get the membership right? That give CB their own real world value... Now, eventually, people will start have so many CB that they won't mea anything to them anymore, because they'll have enough stocked for special membership for years eventually. BUT, if we started allowing people to exchange say 1000 CB for .1 BTC and vice versa... All the sudden CB have a real value again. Now, say we open a store where you can ONLY use CB to buy things, now people are trading BTC for CB, and if other people start accepting CB for things, so that they can exchange them for BTC... CB is now a solid currency right?

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
BTC Books

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 05:56:36 PM

Why?

Why add another layer?  Bitcoin Tipper works fine on reddit.  You can send bitcoin with Twitter.

What's the point here?

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2013, 05:58:01 PM

What's the point here?

Incentive for posting on the forums. And I'm too poor to just start paying people BitCoins.

BTC Books

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 06:06:11 PM

What's the point here?

Incentive for posting on the forums. And I'm too poor to just start paying people BitCoins.

Then no.  It won't work - unless you have a forum that already has a lot of traffic.

It takes years to build up that kind of traffic.  But... if you're poor, plan ahead.  Save up a bitcoin or two and then advertise that you'll be using them to tip:  that might increase traffic.  And if you have your users tipping too, it would help a lot.

But frankly, I think you're late to that party...

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
BitDreams

Activity: 503
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 01:43:57 AM

If he has 500 readers he could simply take five dollars and give everyone a penny.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 03:27:41 AM

What's the point here?

Then no.  It won't work - unless you have a forum that already has a lot of traffic.

Not true, Devcoin is doing really well and their sites hardly get any traffic.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: