Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 06:20:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ASIC DYI MANUAL & CHIP ORDERS  (Read 1091 times)
SCASICS (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 06:59:17 PM

Recently I have ordered 30,000 more units of chips due to up coming technology trends and have developed PCB's accordingly to specs. I specialize in PCB and semiconductor technology from CA  for Japan semi conductor companies. While in Asia for business I bought 1000 chips that I have had shipped. The design was not difficult yet very time consuming. I have been watching the forums a while now and believe in the btc community. I am willing to share my design specs, parts #s, and at the moment have put together a "how to manual" for step by step instructions. Your first board should take depending on your abilities anywhere from 2-3 weeks. I am planing on selling remaining 750 chips left. I am selling the chips for 1 BTC, which is more than fair. Send me a message for more information or request for manual. This is for serious people who are interested in building their own BTC ASIC miner or interested in resell. PLEASE ONLY SERIOUS INQUIRIES!!!!!!!!!!! Donations are appreciated due to time and effort of over a years intense work and will receive in PDF format the ASIC DYI PCB manual in your email for free.

1Nc5MTBsNjfGk33iNEBRRHMd1SfBgcmia3

Cheers
yuppie

Activity: 27

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 07:25:42 PM

Im interested!
yuppie

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 07:44:47 PM

Go ahead and PM me.
SCASICS (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 12:32:27 AM

Hello there, what do you have in mind? Please input your thoughts and ideas. If you have questions please mail me.
Cheers
dieguito

Activity: 18

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 12:38:10 AM

I'm intereseted I also own some Avalon chips and I think it would be a great idea to give a general introduction of the main components of an ASIC miner. What do you think?

Hello there, what do you have in mind? Please input your thoughts and ideas. If you have questions please mail me.
Cheers
Kevlar

Activity: 602
Merit: 254

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 12:38:44 AM

I am selling the chips for 1 BTC, which is more than fair.

That depends on your idea of fair. In another thread we're putting together a group buy for the same thing. Going price: About 2 BTC for 25 of those chips.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
SCASICS (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 12:54:31 AM

The most difficult part is emulation and prototyping which is only designed by an EE, I had to work on the IO system for over 6 months. Chips are easy to obtain compared to where they go and what to do with. There are a few engineering softwares that are capable doing this sort of design, reading the schematics is very important as well as micro soldering. IO system is a whole different story, which required about 3 months of developing. At the moment the hash rate of the four PCB designs total to 130,000 Hash/s yielding with optimum temp and share rate.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 12:55:10 AM

SCAmASICS.
SCASICS (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 01:09:11 AM

If you are just getting started just now on design, looking at over a YEAR in finished product minimum, not considering troubleshoot, manufacture flaws, flashed software and its coding, plus the 2 months minimum of waiting list. Smiley The reason Butterflylabs is having trouble over a year is all of these reasons, plus they took in orders when they did not have a manufacturing system foundation. At the  moment Butterflylabs are having issue with overheating with all of its product and do not know where the issue is coming from no matter what they post publicly. The reason being the 1,500,000 Ghash/s machine is being divided into two machines of 750,000 Ghash/s . This is going to take a very long time they have to physically redesign, manufacture, recode, and re-troubleshoot. The same goes for the smaller ones, again overheat issue cause by reasons they do not know. Which in essence is almost false promises and changed due dates, over n over n over.
dieguito

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 03:07:54 AM

I'm intereseted I also own some Avalon chips and I think it would be a great idea to give a general introduction of the main components of an ASIC miner. What do you think?

Cheers

Well Im curious about what are the general guidelines to build aa DIY ASIC machine. I understand there are the basic components: the blades holding the ASIC chips, the controller unit based on FPGA and the board that runs the mining software and handles IO with the network. Am I right?
dieguito

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 03:10:04 AM

SCAmASICS.

Hi TradeFortress why you think this is a scam?
yuppie

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 03:17:33 PM

I PMed him a little bit, this is what he said:

All your questions are in my organized notes and data in pdf. Many times I have ordered parts from radio shack even. Some parts are cents some are under $10, first prototype was not pretty due to trial and errors. You will need EE software to test design as well as ohm meter, micro solder kit, ect. Software wise gotta be decent at linux redhat . I did keep notes as I went along for my future replications, never thought I would share it one day. Please post in the forum due to many emails asking same questions, It would streamline information.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
digicoins

Activity: 33

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 07:43:57 PM

I want one! But then I'm not good at soldering tiny parts...
SCASICS (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 08:51:21 PM

I wish that was so, just the basics of skill/s are physics, network programing expertise, C compiling, EE and EE design software usage, familiarity of semiconductor technology. Soldering and wam-bam is not the case. PCB design is very hard work Sad
katie1348

Activity: 37

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 08:53:59 PM

How do you propose to make a miner with that kind of performance, it seems to be orders of magnitude faster than the other ASIC miners?

I am not having a go, I am genuinely interested.

Smiley
saneczki

Activity: 57

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 08:59:24 PM

Hi SCASICS. When You will end Your beta asic built by chips ? Overheating with good idea and porject its not problem. Most important good paste and fine project of radiator with heatpipe + fan.
Signus

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 10:05:21 PM

So, what skills would I need to make this?

BGA soldering
Basic electrical understanding

Did you make a working/workable software for your design or is it just a library?
What exactly should we know (software wise) to be able to use this ASIC?
Does your design include PCB designs? Preferably in cad/eagle/etc format so we can use them to order boards.
Does your notes include a part list "DIY style" or will we have to sift through pages of notes and write that list ourselves.
What chips do you have?
What computing power should we expect from a single unit?
I assume it would be usable for any hashing (BTC, TRC, PPC, not LTC obviously)
Discounts on bulk orders (2,3,4 chips..)?
Is it a USB device?

Anyone can vouch for SCASICS?

Building a rig takes more work than you think. I am a B.S. EE/CS and I can tell you that if you don't have a Open Source Project lined up for you to show you how to build it and program it, it requires a LOT of work.

To design a full system you basically need:
  • A background in embedded design with microcontroller/microprocessors or FPGA's
  • PCB Design (Eagle, Altium, etc.)
  • Xilinx and VHDL/HDL (Hardware description language).
  • An understanding of a system datapath for a given architecture
  • Digital and Analog Design.

For the most part.

And basically any programming and electronics analysis as well as other similar skills will further help you. Soldering a few hundred chips by hand is tedious, and we're talking SMT. If I could get a reflow oven to use, I would do it in a heartbeat. For now however, I just have a hot air rework station.

If you don't have any experience in hardware design, systems programming or the like. Don't even think you can design a system. What most of you are asking for is for somebody to create a Open Source design (which will take time) and provide you with a list of parts so that you can just build it.

So adomaz, I'm not quite sure I can vouch for him yet because he's very broad with his description. Plus when I see a serious thread like building a DIY ASIC in the Newbie thread, I get a little concerned. Not because people who are just joining the forums don't know what they're doing, but it's where a lot of scam posts begin.

However he mentions he is offering a manual, so if he does produce a manual and I look over it, I can give you an answer.
Sophokles

Activity: 1232
Merit: 516

Axioma Holding - Axioma Pay Crypto Card

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 10:13:27 PM

Also interested, please PM me.

▄▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀▀   ▀▀▀████▄
   ▄██▀▀ ▒ ▀▄ ▄▀ ▒ ▄  ▀██▄
  ██▀▀ ▀▄ ▒ ▒▄▒▄▒ ▒ ▄▒  ▀██
 ███ ▀▀▄▄▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ ▒▄▄▄▀ ███
███ ▀▀▄▄▄▒▒▒█████▒▒▒▄▄▄▀▀ ███
██  ▀▄▄▄▀▒▒███████▒▒▄▄ ▀▀  ██
███ ▄▄▄▀▀▒▒▒█████▒▒▒ ▀▒▄▄ ███
 ██▄  ▄▒▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▀▀▄  ▄██
  ██▄▄ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▒▀▒ ▒ ▀▄  ▄██
   ▀██▄▄ ▄▀▄▀ ▒ ▀▄ ▒  ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄   ▀  ▀▄▄▄██▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███
███▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████████████████
███      ████████████████████████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████████
███▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄██████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Crypto Cards. with
buying solutions

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄█████████████████▄
  █████████████████████
 █████▀█████ █████▀█████
██████  ▀██   ██▀  ██████
██████             ██████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
▀███▄               ▄███▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀▀█████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Launch Your Own
.Crypto Tokens.

█▄                                    ▄█
 ██▄                                ▄██
  ▀███▄▄▄                     ▄▄▄▄███▀
  █▄▀████████▀    ▄████▄  ▀████████▀▄█
   ▀█▄▄█████     █████      █████▄▄█▀
    ▀████████   ██████     ████████▀
       ▄██████▄ ███████▄ ▄██████▄
          ▀▀████████████████▀▀
                ████████
AXIOMA
..EAGLE CITY..
dieguito

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 07:47:17 PM

So, what skills would I need to make this?

BGA soldering
Basic electrical understanding

Did you make a working/workable software for your design or is it just a library?
What exactly should we know (software wise) to be able to use this ASIC?
Does your design include PCB designs? Preferably in cad/eagle/etc format so we can use them to order boards.
Does your notes include a part list "DIY style" or will we have to sift through pages of notes and write that list ourselves.
What chips do you have?
What computing power should we expect from a single unit?
I assume it would be usable for any hashing (BTC, TRC, PPC, not LTC obviously)
Discounts on bulk orders (2,3,4 chips..)?
Is it a USB device?

Anyone can vouch for SCASICS?

Building a rig takes more work than you think. I am a B.S. EE/CS and I can tell you that if you don't have a Open Source Project lined up for you to show you how to build it and program it, it requires a LOT of work.

To design a full system you basically need:
  • A background in embedded design with microcontroller/microprocessors or FPGA's
  • PCB Design (Eagle, Altium, etc.)
  • Xilinx and VHDL/HDL (Hardware description language).
  • An understanding of a system datapath for a given architecture
  • Digital and Analog Design.

For the most part.

And basically any programming and electronics analysis as well as other similar skills will further help you. Soldering a few hundred chips by hand is tedious, and we're talking SMT. If I could get a reflow oven to use, I would do it in a heartbeat. For now however, I just have a hot air rework station.

If you don't have any experience in hardware design, systems programming or the like. Don't even think you can design a system. What most of you are asking for is for somebody to create a Open Source design (which will take time) and provide you with a list of parts so that you can just build it.

So adomaz, I'm not quite sure I can vouch for him yet because he's very broad with his description. Plus when I see a serious thread like building a DIY ASIC in the Newbie thread, I get a little concerned. Not because people who are just joining the forums don't know what they're doing, but it's where a lot of scam posts begin.

However he mentions he is offering a manual, so if he does produce a manual and I look over it, I can give you an answer.

I agree with you that without a some level of information on what is the general system design this looks like a scam for newbies.
Signus

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 02:51:29 AM

Yeah I think so. Looking for donations. I inquired about the "manual" and got no response.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: