Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:08:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Seed / Wallet question  (Read 1640 times)
Thornz2017 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 05:36:22 PM

If I got a Btc wallet say its is called Brand A.
Now I want to get a little ETH. I see a wallet where I can use Btc and ETH in the same wallet.
Can I use my seed on the new wallet. Or do I need to xfer my BTC to a coin exchange, load the new wallet and start over making a new seed?
Looked a while and found no answer.

thx.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 06:30:26 PM

You'll need a separate address for bitcoin and eth.

The wallet should give you different addresses(or allow you to generate different addresses) to send different cryptos to your wallet.
Thornz2017 (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 06:41:29 PM

My Electrum wallet does not look to allow ETH coins.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 06:58:32 PM

a "wallet" using 2 networks. wont be a full node. so there are risks that it may grab ur privkey

dont use it for large amounts and do some research on the company/devs that created it.

check to see if they have open sourced their code and use the open source to create a compiled wallet after reviewing the code doesnt contain trojans or ways to send the privkeys to someone

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Thornz2017 (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 07:14:46 PM

When ever I xfer coins I use ExpressVPN to add a layer of protection.
Or VPN does not help?
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 09:50:46 PM

Now I want to get a little ETH. I see a wallet where I can use Btc and ETH in the same wallet.
Can I use my seed on the new wallet. Or do I need to xfer my BTC to a coin exchange, load the new wallet and start over making a new seed?

thx.

I am curious what wallet supports BTC and ETH?

Coin-Keeper

Activity: 758
Merit: 606

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 09:29:29 PM

thx.

I am curious what wallet supports BTC and ETH?

I don't think that is mathematically possible, but I am staying tuned for the OP to respond to the two of us on this.

BTC: 1PYSBbuKM3kW19xe9TXJQfq64rPhd8XorF
Staked and Verified: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=996318.msg17102755#msg17102755
Thornz2017 (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 05:13:06 AM
Last edit: March 02, 2017, 07:48:54 PM by Thornz2017

Thought I seen a wallet that does both.
Looking for it now.... was looking for PC wallet that did both instead of one or the other only.
I'm new so thx for being nice to me.

Here - https://www.cryptocompare.com/wallets/#/overview
Seen the Exodus wallet supported many coins. Thought not sure if they was all separate wallets or one wallet.

So for a ETH wallet that is easy like Electrum what would you all suggest?
Coin-Keeper

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 08:18:16 PM

Looking for it now.... was looking for PC wallet that did both instead of one or the other only.

Seen the Exodus wallet supported many coins. Thought not sure if they was all separate wallets or one wallet.

Exodus-

Bear with me while I give you my OPINION:  I haven't personally used this software but I see a few folks that really like it and claim they have received good support when they had a few issues.  The following fact is a deal breaker for me.  Exodus (their claim) is closed source.  That means that I cannot review the code used while the wallet is in operation.  I cannot build my own binary to run and therefore there is no way for me to be sure WHAT code I am running.  Now when it comes to my BTC, which are currently worth around 1200 each, I want to know there is no sinister backdoor'd code that could be executed and my coins are gone.  My wallets are not fraction of a coin wallets by any means.  I am NOT accusing them of running a scam with code, just saying I can't examine what is happening behind the scenes.

Staked and Verified: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=996318.msg17102755#msg17102755
Thornz2017 (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 04:32:00 PM

Exodus-

Bear with me while I give you my OPINION:  I haven't personally used this software but I see a few folks that really like it and claim they have received good support when they had a few issues.  The following fact is a deal breaker for me.  Exodus (their claim) is closed source.  That means that I cannot review the code used while the wallet is in operation.  I cannot build my own binary to run and therefore there is no way for me to be sure WHAT code I am running.  Now when it comes to my BTC, which are currently worth around 1200 each, I want to know there is no sinister backdoor'd code that could be executed and my coins are gone.  My wallets are not fraction of a coin wallets by any means.  I am NOT accusing them of running a scam with code, just saying I can't examine what is happening behind the scenes.

That is great info to know. Thank you very much.
So what is a good ETH wallet?
Coin-Keeper

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 09:49:01 PM

Exodus-

Bear with me while I give you my OPINION:  I haven't personally used this software but I see a few folks that really like it and claim they have received good support when they had a few issues.  The following fact is a deal breaker for me.  Exodus (their claim) is closed source.  That means that I cannot review the code used while the wallet is in operation.  I cannot build my own binary to run and therefore there is no way for me to be sure WHAT code I am running.  Now when it comes to my BTC, which are currently worth around 1200 each, I want to know there is no sinister backdoor'd code that could be executed and my coins are gone.  My wallets are not fraction of a coin wallets by any means.  I am NOT accusing them of running a scam with code, just saying I can't examine what is happening behind the scenes.

That is great info to know. Thank you very much.
So what is a good ETH wallet?

Rather than answer the PM you sent me, I'll answer here for the benefit of others.  I don't have any first hand experience with ETH.  Therefore I am reluctant to make a suggestion as to a wallet to use with ETH.  Maybe others reading this thread would feel the liberty to express their opinions on your behalf.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: