Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 08:12:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SELLING 5 BTC FOR PAYPAL  (Read 293 times)
Drait (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 09:16:19 PM

I sell 5,13 BTC for a good Exchange!

I am accepting payments via PayPal, because its the safest way to trade!

Feel Free to Message me, to Talk about the Price and Stuff!

markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 09:40:31 PM

Maybe a good idea to clarify if you use Escrow and sign a message from the address holding the coins to prove you own them.

I sell 5,13 BTC for a good Exchange!

I am accepting payments via PayPal, because its the safest way to trade!

Feel Free to Message me, to Talk about the Price and Stuff!

The highlighted line worries me, makes it sound like the usual paypal "you send first because paypal covers you" scam.  Paypal is not safe for either party.
Drait (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 09:49:42 PM

But its Not a Myth, PayPal is covering you when somebody is trying to scam you, so i have Chosen this one for the Safety of Both
markj113
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 09:50:26 PM

But its Not a Myth, PayPal is covering you when somebody is trying to scam you, so i have Chosen this one for the Safety of Both

Its a well known scam and bitcoin is not covered under paypal Terms and conditions.

You come across as suspicious, I have temp red flagged you until you confirm you are using escrow and not asking for people to send first

Also what is your bitcoin address holding 5.13BTC so it can be verified (bet you wont even do this Wink )
bitcoin revo
Legendary

Activity: 1168
Merit: 1049

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 10:04:45 PM

The solution is not so hard to figure out:

Use escrow!

You send the specified amount of bitcoins to the escrow, the escrow gives the go ahead for the PayPal handler to send the payment, you confirm the payment was made and the escrow releases the funds to the exchanger who originally had PayPal. Done! Easy peasy, no need to fuss about who goes first.

The above method doesn't cover PayPal chargebacks, in case anyone didn't know. Applicable in this case because I'm assuming the OP is only trading with people who he'd trust.
markj113
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 10:54:26 PM

op is defo a scammer.  Dropped him a pm asking for the btc address to confirm balance after which I would remove negative.

Totally ignored and continues to try and sell his non existent btc in other threads

I can sell you
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 2976

:( My PC broke due trying to recover an old wallet

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2017, 11:46:08 PM

Maybe this is just trying to scam someone and ask for send first but the fact he is not h9olding 5btc no proof of address..
Op if you are real selling bitcoin better to share your address with 5 btc and sign message.. to know if its real or not.. many new comers here are doing it here the same as you repeatedly ever week or every month..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████