Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:57:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Special Coffee for Sale - automatic ordering - dynamic pricing  (Read 3163 times)
nanaimogold (OP)

Activity: 661
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 16, 2010, 06:19:35 PM

http://www.coffee4bitcoin.com/

Commercial message

A very special coffee picked in the rain forest of Western Mexico, roasted in Arizona and shipped out by mail.

The big difference with this coffee is in the processing. These cherries never get wet, not like commercial scale operations that soak the cherries and de-pulp the beans with pressure water. These cherries are sun dried first to preserve the flavorful oils and caffeine. The pulp is then mechanically threshed off the bean.

The difference is incredible! I thought I was a coffee snob but until I tried dry processed beans, I did not know coffee from Shinola!

2 lbs. for 195 BTC to your door, no extra fees. The original offer was for 400 BTC but has changed to reflect the changing bitcoin economy.

You can have light, medium or dark roast. I urge you to not pass over the light. Most people have never tasted anything like it. It's naturally sweet and fruity. You are getting 2 bags, so try 2 different roasts if you like. A favourite of mine is light and dark blended half and half.

Dry processing costs more due to the increased labour. For me, the higher price is justified by the superior product.

The producer, a friend of mine, wants you to know that he pays his workers better than average wages, never pollutes the streams, nor cuts the forest.

I guarantee your satisfaction in good time or I'll personally refund your BTC. This is the good stuff - that crisp clear mental boost that programmers crave!

This friendly offer is brought to you by Shane Smith of Nanaimo Gold.

http://www.coffee4bitcoin.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2010, 06:24:46 PM

It is good. It was delivered promptly. I highly recommend.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
bober182

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2010, 02:53:43 AM

Whats the brand name?

The Madhatter

Activity: 490
Merit: 509

My avatar pic says it all

View Profile
November 19, 2010, 10:33:09 AM

The coffee arrived today. I chose the light roast.

It has a great flavor and is super caffeinated. This is definitely one of the best coffees I've ever purchased!

Kudos! Tongue
nanaimogold (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2010, 11:15:12 AM

The current price is 2 LBS for 172 BTC

It's interesting to note how far the price has fallen from the initial offering at 400 BTC.

I just want to point out that this deflation has nothing to do with coffee commodity prices and is entirely to do with the increasing value of Bitcoin. I was just joking with a forum member about the price of c4b as an "economic indicator".

Another thing I'd like to point out about the price; I make nothing on this. This coffee is super-premium and therefore expensive because it is produced entirely by hand in the jungle under the native trees without any chemicals. It is delivered by expedited post to almost anywhere in the world. The price includes all. The shipping, handling, taxes etc.

It costs about twice as much as coffee bought from the local grocery store but is easily twice as yummy.

I'm surprised you guys aren't jumping onto this. Do I need graphics on the web page? lol

sturle
Legendary

Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002

https://bitmynt.no

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2010, 11:35:04 AM

I'm surprised you guys aren't jumping onto this. Do I need graphics on the web page? lol
I think this is the best thing since bitcoins, and will jump as soon as I have drunk up most of the beans I have of other kinds of coffee.  Coffee is best when it is fresh.  Save some for me, please!

Sjå https://bitmynt.no for veksling av bitcoin mot norske kroner.  Trygt, billig, raskt og enkelt sidan 2010.
I buy with EUR and other currencies at a fair market price when you want to sell.  See http://bitmynt.no/eurprice.pl
Warning: "Bitcoin" XT, Classic, Unlimited and the likes are scams. Don't use them, and don't listen to their shills.
nanaimogold (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2010, 11:08:34 PM

Yah, coffee is best fresh.

Specifically, it is best about one week after roasting.

For that first week after roasting, the beans out-gas and the aroma/flavour is not fully developed.

You can see little pressure relief devices on gourmet coffee bags. That allows the shipper to pack the beans as soon as they are cool. Gas pressure can escape if needed and the seal remains intact to preserve the freshness.

For best results only grind as much beans as you intend to use immediately. Purists say 15 minutes is too long to let ground coffee wait.

The cheapo grinders with spinning blades are not good. You want your coffee grounds to be of even size. By the time you get even size with this grinder, it's dust! That won't espress properly or plugs up a paper filter.

A burr grinder is the way to grind coffee. Most new ones are electric powered. If you spot an old hand cranked grinder for cheap, and it's not worn out, you might grab it. People want those.

Coffee4Bitcoin is roasted in small batches and shipped out asap. The roastery is in USA and the delivery carrier is USPS.

bober182

View Profile
November 24, 2010, 03:46:33 AM

Is there a brand name? or company name?

nanaimogold (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2010, 06:38:40 PM

Is there a brand name? or company name?

You don't like Coffee 4 Bitcoin?

bober182

View Profile
November 24, 2010, 11:48:32 PM

I mean is this coffee bitcoin only as I want to buy some for Christmas but don't have enough bitcoins yet. So I was gonna look at normal stores if they sell the same brand or from the same company.

nanaimogold (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2010, 01:37:13 AM

I mean is this coffee bitcoin only as I want to buy some for Christmas but don't have enough bitcoins yet. So I was gonna look at normal stores if they sell the same brand or from the same company.

I see.

Coffee 4 Bitcoin accepts only bitcoin.  Not the smartest marketing, but there you go.

You know, I've never seen dry process coffee for sale in any store. That's not to say that it never happens, but not in my experience.

Coffee is the #2 valued commodity behind oil. Amazing. The first time I heard that I too was skeptical. Coffee really is big business.

It's so much less labour to rot the flesh off the beans in water, then pressure wash. To dry process, the cherries have to be sun dried, then beat on and winnowed to remove the dried fruit.

I suppose that is why we never see dry process in stores. The price would scare most people away.

Still, by far and away the most expensive process for harvesting coffee is the use of small cat like animals called civets. The animals eat the cherries and shit out the beans. Workers collect the beans and hopefully wash them before roasting. Mmmm mmmm good. The stuff costs like $400 a pound!

Good news for cat poop coffee fans on a budget, someone has invented an artificial cat intestine and hopes to market pseudo-cat-poop-coffee, presumable for less, but there's nothing like the real thing according to aficionados.

sturle
Legendary

Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002

https://bitmynt.no

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2010, 09:17:37 AM

I'll be happy to sell you some bitcoins at market price.  So will many others.

Sjå https://bitmynt.no for veksling av bitcoin mot norske kroner.  Trygt, billig, raskt og enkelt sidan 2010.
I buy with EUR and other currencies at a fair market price when you want to sell.  See http://bitmynt.no/eurprice.pl
Warning: "Bitcoin" XT, Classic, Unlimited and the likes are scams. Don't use them, and don't listen to their shills.
nanaimogold (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2010, 10:32:57 PM

Current price is 2 LBS for 190 BTC

I'm just relaxing with a nice cup of light roast prepared by espresso and floated on hot water - americano style. No need for sugar. It's already mild and sweet.

One of you fellows expressed some concern that his dark roast beans arrived wet. That's not water, it's the natural coffee oil and the source, when emulsified, of the creme - that's the yummy brown foam.

It is normal for high quality dark roast beans to be oily like that. It's a good thing, not a bad thing.

*SLURP*

da2ce7
Legendary

Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016

Live and Let Live

View Profile
December 08, 2010, 02:04:37 AM

I'll take your word for it, but next time you send it to me, please put both into a zip-lock bag or something (is there any issue about it being air-tight?), they are 'kinda' watertight, they have a puncture one-way air valve.
It is good for most transports, except (maybe) when soggy in a puddle.  Shocked

Anyway, I'm impressed! Thanks for the coffee!  I'll order again soon!
You can also check out http://www.capulincoffee.com/  I assume where nanaimogold orders from!

One off NP-Hard.
nanaimogold (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2010, 02:46:23 AM

I'll take your word for it, but next time you send it to me, please put both into a zip-lock bag or something (is there any issue about it being air-tight?), they are 'kinda' watertight, they have a puncture one-way air valve.
It is good for most transports, except (maybe) when soggy in a puddle.  Shocked

Anyway, I'm impressed! Thanks for the coffee!  I'll order again soon!
You can also check out http://www.capulincoffee.com/  I assume where nanaimogold orders from!

There is no problem with the packaging. Capulin has been shipping this coffee packed thus for many years. Readers can see the packaging in photos on the coffee4bitcoin web page or the main Capulin site. I already asked you if the packaging was breeched and you ignored my question.

The Capulin name and logo I added to the bitcoin4coffee page after proving that we could accept bitcoin. Nanaimo Gold and Capulin coffee have been associated for many years, a fact long known to the digital currency and cryptographic communities.

If you continue to think you have a problem I insist that you take photos of the damage because the shipments are insured for that.

sheesh

da2ce7
Legendary

Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016

Live and Let Live

View Profile
December 08, 2010, 03:12:23 AM

No the packages have not been breached, however water may have soaked in through the 'one-way' air valve. I am unsure, if this is true, or the product is as-intended.

I'll take your explanation that they are just naturally oily, as intended, just I was expecting it to be, um less 'damp'.  I'll compare them to my next order to see if water did seep through or not.

Overall, I do not want to give the impression that your service is bad, rather it is great!  Keep up the good work!

One off NP-Hard.
DELTA9

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2010, 03:21:03 AM

waiting for BTC/USD to increase...that's some damn expensive coffee  Tongue
nanaimogold (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2010, 03:36:44 AM

waiting for BTC/USD to increase...that's some damn expensive coffee  Tongue

Currently 2 LBS for 167 BTC

It's no secret how the price is determined. The Mt. Gox BTC bid price * $39

This works out to about $3 above cost for US orders and about $1 loss to Australia, _IF_ I can sell the btc into fiat at the same rate.

Due to the volatility of the btc price, I'm always exposed to lose money on this deal.

At this rate I'll never earn back the BTC I paid to PrivacyShark to reggy the domain name!

I make this offer, not to make money, but to offer up some sort of tangible for sale in the spirit of promoting Bitcoin.

em3rgentOrdr

Activity: 434

youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2010, 11:14:10 PM

Very tasty.  Delivered promptly (approx 3 days to get to me!).  I just finished a nice cup of cappuccino with it.  I will be buying from them in the future.

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
BitterTea

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2011, 06:03:48 PM

Hmm... the site appears to be down and I wanted to order some coffee... Is this a temporary issue? If not, can you accept manual orders?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: