Bitcoin Forum
July 23, 2024, 03:25:50 AM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why the newbie restriction is dumb... [BTC-E Question included]  (Read 519 times)
Darkwin (OP)

Activity: 191
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 09:32:19 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2018, 04:21:29 PM by Darkwin

Now i know i'm fairly new to this forum and my goal isn't to gain any enemies or flame the staff that works hard or anything like that

Your help is appreciated....
Digital Precious Metals

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 09:39:12 PM

Did you log into your e-mail using tor? If so the strange IP may have been your own.
Darkwin (OP)

Activity: 191
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 09:40:40 PM

Did you log into your e-mail using tor? If so the strange IP may have been your own.

No, I don't even use tor. I had just gotten back from an short trip i hadn't access my account for like 4-days prior to seeing this.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 02:50:39 AM

If it was to avoid spamming i could understand, perhaps to cut-down on the trolling, id understand but lets get real here this isn't doing any of that instead it is driving away the traffic that actually has something to contribute and/or have legitimate BTC related topics/questions to discuss.
Yeah, that's the unfortunate downside. We try to keep that to a minimum, though, through our whitelist program

I don't see why it is necessary for one to surf the site for 4+ hours in order to be able to open an topic outside of this area, If someones goal was seriously to troll, Couldn't they easily create and script that surfs the site continuously for 4-hours
It is surprisingly effective against trolls. Apparently, they don't like putting in too much effort to continue trolling after we ban them. (Note: some trolling is acceptable; we only ban excessive trolling) Also, the 4 hour restriction reduces the number of repeated topics that contribute nothing new to the conversation. Finally, it acts as a floodgate, allowing us to more easily maintain our forum culture. It's not a perfect system, but it's one of the most effective I've ever seen.

jspilman

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:01:51 AM

I didn't even see the error the first time and didn't understand your question.  The error at the bottom is "Denied for your account. Contact support."

Seems pretty bad that they haven't gotten back to you, and are holding your coins.  I understand if your account has been flagged due to a hacking attempt, better they hold it than let it go to the wrong person, but they should be responding to emails from the same address where the account was created.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: