Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:56:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: *sigh* scammers really dont learn... 27/28 Bitcoins...  (Read 325 times)
alphahacktivist (OP)

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 02:37:20 PM

In relation to my post where i wanted to drop 100btc into dash. this guy pms me and here is the conversation.

First of all the number 989 Dash already gave me a signal. its a psychology.

Some people really have too much time on their hand..

P.S; if this post is in the wrong section, could a moderator please move it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LLec

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2017, 02:45:42 PM

But you didn't fall for the bait and actually send anything did you?  Embarrassed

That would of been the blunder of the year so far with only 60 days in but still. Undecided

Ognasty I would of been fooled to cause the name looks very similar to the true escrows name that everybody knows and is a Donator account.
Even invisible character can be used in the creation of forum names from what I seen in the past.
alphahacktivist (OP)

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 02:50:28 PM

But you didn't fall for the bait and actually send anything did you?  Embarrassed

That would of been the blunder of the year so far with only 60 days in but still. Undecided

Ognasty I would of been fooled to cause the name looks very similar to the true escrows name that everybody knows and is a Donator account.
Even invisible character can be used in the creation of forum names from what I seen in the past.

i am very much aware of the scams here. been here for a while to know that. so no i did not fall for that. my doubt started ever since he sais 989 dash. it was a number that did not add up. but i took the bait and played along. if it was a good one. i would have loved it. but it was too good to be true when he said ok for 27 btc when he was asking for 28. and dash increased by 3% since last night.

and to think i would just send 27btc like that, this guy must really take me for a fool.. of course i would check. and the name already was a bit weird. 0 and O has different shape.

there is a ' in his name but the oggy conversation had no '

it was a stupid try. but i believe someone else could really have fallen into this if he didnt check well.

but anyways i put up this summary so that no one else be fooled.
LLec

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2017, 03:13:35 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2017, 01:35:45 AM by LLec

But you didn't fall for the bait and actually send anything did you?  Embarrassed

i am very much aware of the scams here. been here for a while to know that. so no i did not fall for that. my doubt started ever since he sais 989 dash. it was a number that did not add up. but i took the bait and played along. if it was a good one. i would have loved it. but it was too good to be true when he said ok for 27 btc when he was asking for 28. and dash increased by 3% since last night.

and to think i would just send 27btc like that, this guy must really take me for a fool.. of course i would check. and the name already was a bit weird. 0 and O has different shape.

there is a ' in his name but the oggy conversation had no '

it was a stupid try. but i believe someone else could really have fallen into this if he didnt check well.

but anyways i put up this summary so that no one else be fooled.
It did help.
Because I don't deal with Ognasty at all but remember his name from other threads on here I did remember there was something in the name that differieniated it from others with that " ' " but i couldn't remember what it was cause, as I mentioned before, I haven't dealt with him at all. But this is his real profile: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=18321
So anyone who hasn't would of been fooled by that name. And if you are quick to just glance over the name then you wouldn't notice the "0" and the "O" difference either because they look so very similar and hacker and scammers rely on this of the victim to just be in a state of amazement at the deal "being too good to be true" to just glance over this and not to notice it either.
But yes, usually when the offer is to good to be true, it most certainly always is. Undecided
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: