Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 05:48:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I got 20 BTC.... where can I sell this and get the money today in paypal?  (Read 1952 times)
papaminer (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Free World

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2013, 09:47:53 PM

and no... I am not going to send my BTC to random user claiming to be trustworthy...

I am looking for a trusted  company or website... (where I can send my btc first.. then get payment via paypal after a few minutes)

Please help...

this weekend is my mom's bday and on april 27th is my wifey's bday...

Thanks a lot in advance...

฿: 1L7dSte4Rs4KyyxRCgrqSWYtkXdAb4Gy1z

MORE INFO ABOUT ME: BTC
naphto

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 09:54:34 PM

You should use https://mtgox.com/ and not paypal...
Joshster

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 09:57:07 PM

Look out mate, don't sell to any website that doesn't seem legit. They have the chance to charge back their payment up to 180 days if they funded with a credit card. Attempt to get someone to give you money with a Moneypak if you can as they can't be charge backed. If you need anymore help on how to trade safely with different methods feel free to PM me.
papaminer (OP)

Free World

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2013, 10:03:58 PM

well... yeah I understand the risk of paypal... that is why I am looking for sites like fastcash4bitcoins.com

or any other "TRUSTED SITES"...

I could do mtgox... but my account is not verified yet...

Joshster

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 10:05:10 PM

Yea, MTGOX is killing me. I am so far back in the line, it isn't very UK friendly either so transferring funds is pretty hard.
solareclipse64236

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 10:07:17 PM

canadianbitcoins.com

JonSnow

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 10:08:13 PM

Our website is currently down, but we have several good reviews here and I'd love to buy those coins from you.
TangibleCryptography

Activity: 476

Tangible Cryptography LLC

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2013, 10:09:48 PM

Other than fc4b (which is currently out of PayPal funds) the only trusted option I know is BitInstant.  However BitInstant doesn't do straight BTC -> PayPal you will need to sell coins on some exchange which BitInstant supports, get a USD code and then use BitInstant to trade the USD code for PayPal deposit.  For full disclosure I have used the process (I try out all competitors) and it worked fine but it was a number of months ago.
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 10:20:41 PM

If you can gain the individual buyers trust, you can send them a micro amount first, and then ask them to put the following into Paypals message box, as the buyer pays.....

"""  I have received the BTC to my wallet xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
As agreed, here is my payment for the transaction. Thank you.  """

Once paid, you then send the remainder btc.

It gives you an irrefutable statement of a two way transaction which of course is backed up by blockchain. However, its not easy to convince innocent buyers to do this, and also, it wont cover you (i think), if the buyer turned out to be a scammer controlling a hacked account.
Joshster

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 10:23:26 PM

If you can gain the individual buyers trust, you can send them a micro amount first, and then ask them to put the following into Paypals message box, as the buyer pays.....

It gives you an irrefutable statement of a two way transaction which of course is backed up by blockchain. However, its not easy to convince innocent buyers to do this, and also, it wont cover you (i think), if the buyer turned out to be a scammer controlling a hacked account.

Yea but the buyer can always dispute as a unauthorized transaction, has experience with these daily when trading in the virtual goods market.
JonSnow

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 10:24:24 PM

There's no way anyone should include anything about BTC in the PayPal note -- this will easily get your PayPal account frozen.
stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 10:27:01 PM

Yea but the buyer can always dispute as a unauthorized transaction, has experience with these daily when trading in the virtual goods market.

Whats the Paypal definition of a buyer claiming an 'unauthorized transaction'?
Joshster

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 10:30:51 PM

They dispute it illegally, just claiming their account was hacked and PayPal will usually just side with the owner of the account regardless. Or they dispute it though their CC company and PayPal doesn't really bother to fight your case and lets the CC company win.
stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 10:32:08 PM

There's no way anyone should include anything about BTC in the PayPal note -- this will easily get your PayPal account frozen.

Ive communicated with Paypal regarding Bitcoin. They did not state any ban on bitcoins, they stated that as it is not physical goods, they will not give seller protection. In other words, go ahead, but dont come crying.
At least my way makes them work for their fees!
papaminer (OP)

Free World

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2013, 10:37:22 PM

There is no problem sending the whole 20 BTC... "FIRST"

so yeah.. the buyer is pretty much safe with me.. as I will send the BTC first...

What worry me is.. if the buyer files a dispute on paypal within 180 days...

so yeah.. I am not giving away my precious and hard mined 20 BTC to someone who is not trust worthy in this forum...

I did get a few pms already...

but sorry to say.. I did a little check on the forum... and please do not get offended if I say...

I cannot trust you guys yet... I am still looking/waiting.. for a reputable user here...

EDIT:
My first reply did try to mention usernames.. but as you can see.. I changed and removed these usernames so it won't hurt your reputation... and you can continue to build good reputation..

I hope you guys understand my decision..

stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 10:40:51 PM

They dispute it illegally, just claiming their account was hacked and PayPal will usually just side with the owner of the account regardless. Or they dispute it though their CC company and PayPal doesn't really bother to fight your case and lets the CC company win.

I might agree with that if we are talking £1000s maybe, but risking an accusation of fraudulent claims about your Paypal account for smaller amounts sounds like a stupid thing to risk.
TangibleCryptography

Activity: 476

Tangible Cryptography LLC

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2013, 10:42:24 PM

I might agree with that if we are talking £1000s maybe, but risking an accusation of fraudulent claims about your Paypal account for smaller amounts sounds like a stupid thing to risk.

People have done it for $50 before.  For some people that is a "good enough score".

Simple version unless you absolutely trust your counterparty you shouldn't use PayPal.  If they want to screw you over they will and you will lose. 
JonSnow

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 10:43:10 PM

So you don't trust me / my business even though we have several glowing reviews from reputable members and not a single negative post? 

Oh well.

We could've used escrow from a member here on the forums and I would have sent from my business verified PayPal account, but I will respect your decision and retract my offer to buy your 20 BTC.
JonSnow

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 10:45:08 PM

People have done it for $50 before.  For some people that is a "good enough score".

Simple version unless you absolutely trust your counterparty you shouldn't use PayPal.  If they want to screw you over they will and you will lose. 

This is true.  When I first started selling coins months ago, I had someone scam me that way and even though PayPal eventually sided with me after I presented evidence, the CC company went ahead and granted the reversal to the scammer.  (even though he is on probation and the Sheriff was willing to provide assistance in getting my money back).
stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 10:52:52 PM

$50? Tis a shallow world sometimes.
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: