Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:56:45 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I got 20 BTC.... where can I sell this and get the money today in paypal?  (Read 1952 times)
drewdtom

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

You can't stop the signal

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2013, 11:12:54 PM

Hello my name is Drew and I have an option you might like to try.

https://www.bitmit.net/en/item/26965-1-paypal-bitmit-items-also-sold-on-ebay-bitcoinnotbombs

I also sell silver a gold and thats much better then paper dollars but hard to pay rent in.

Best of luck to ya!

What a ride it has been! Check out our Open Bazaar hosting offer at Agorist Hosting

I support Bitcoin Not Bombs!
naphto

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 11:16:34 PM

There is no way to charge back a paypal transfer with the open/close dispute system I think ...
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 11:18:40 PM

There is no way to charge back a paypal transfer with the open/close dispute system I think ...

Of course there is
a) use a stolen/hacked PayPal account
b) use your PayPal account and simply claim it is stolen/hacked.
c) bypass PayPal and chargeback using your funding credit card.  When PayPal loses the funds they will reverse it as well.

There is absolutely no method which is immune to fraud using PayPal.  None.  
Use PayPal if you trust the counterparty, otherwise don't.
naphto

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 11:21:01 PM

Of course there is
a) use a stolen account
b) claim your account was stolen
c) bypass PayPal and chargeback using your funding credit card.

There is absolutely no method which is immune to fraud using PayPal.  None.  
Use PayPal if you trust the counterparty, otherwise don't.

If you require the other guy to:
1) send you the money (without fees, not as a payment).
2) open a dispute.
3) close the disputre straight away.

There is no way you can be charged back ... Paypal only allow 1 single dispute per transaction. So, even they actually stole the account/CC, even the real owner can't do shit.
Or maybe they changed it recently?
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 11:28:46 PM

So let me get this right you honestly think that if I legitimately hack into your PayPal account I can send money to myself and there is nothing you, PayPal, or your credit card can do?  Really?  I mean does that even seem plausible to you?

So
1) you go on vacation
2) I hack into your PayPal account
3) I send a gift of $20,000 from your PayPal account to mine.  Your PayPal account doesn't have a $20,000 balance so PayPal charges $20,000 against your attached CC.
4) I use the "super-duper-hacker-auto-win-open-close" system (I = the person who hacked your account opens and closes a dispute against myself).
5) You come home and realize a $20,000 charge on your VISA card.

You honestly think that no dispute is possible?  PayPal will just say "sorry man the hacker used the super duper method we are incapable of reversing the transaction.  So you hang up and call VISA and they say "oh man PayPal you say.  Sorry you can't charge back PayPal funding even if it is fraudulent".  See is says right here in the Credit Card Reform and PayPal Control Act of 2011.  By federal law your credit card dispute rights are nulled if and only if a hacker does the "super-duper-auto-win-open-close" method.  It is actually the only loophole to your consumer protection rights. Had the hacker done anything else we could help you but sorry this fraudulent transaction is now valid.  Please make a payment on your credit card.  The min payment is $100 and 29.99% interest will accrue on the $20,000 balance until paid.

Really?  Have you thought about this for a second?  Forget Bitcoin, PayPal would be the best irreversible payment system for hackers all over the world.
naphto

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 11:31:02 PM

https://www.paypal.com/helpcenter/main.jsp;jsessionid=JCRBMsTQvQLQYpfpLXn8FpR5DGyY2jHtzqvLfV22pYTT1yz5GS6y!32001099?t=solutionTab&ft=homeTab&ps=&solutionId=1204661&locale=en_US&_dyncharset=UTF-8&countrycode=IL&cmd=_help&serverInstance=9014

Can I reopen a closed dispute?

No. Once a dispute is closed it can’t be reopened.

If you purchased your item on www.ebay.com or www.ebay.co.uk , you may be able to file a claim with eBay if it’s been less than 45 days from the date of the transaction. Go to the eBay Resolution Center, located at: http://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/
Joshster

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 11:35:02 PM

https://www.paypal.com/helpcenter/main.jsp;jsessionid=JCRBMsTQvQLQYpfpLXn8FpR5DGyY2jHtzqvLfV22pYTT1yz5GS6y!32001099?t=solutionTab&ft=homeTab&ps=&solutionId=1204661&locale=en_US&_dyncharset=UTF-8&countrycode=IL&cmd=_help&serverInstance=9014

Can I reopen a closed dispute?

No. Once a dispute is closed it can’t be reopened.

If you purchased your item on www.ebay.com or www.ebay.co.uk , you may be able to file a claim with eBay if it’s been less than 45 days from the date of the transaction. Go to the eBay Resolution Center, located at: http://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/

If you rang up PayPal or your CC provider and said it's unauthorized they will dispute it no matter what, I have handled so much money over virtual items for MMORPG's. I know every trick in the book, I had to combat scammers on a daily.
JonSnow

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 11:35:48 PM

Ideally, trades would avoid PayPal completely.
papaminer (OP)

Activity: 462

Free World

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 12:27:09 AM

I also wanted to share my experience with paypal.

I did have a store with Ebay before.. and sold around 50k USD on 1year.. i think that was 2010 not sure anymore...

but anyways...

paypal is a bit bias... i have a paypal business account... and if there is a dispute between buyer vs seller..

paypal weighs the account... which one would make them more money and which does not... obviously... if you have a good reputation on paypal and have been spending lots of money through them... they will bend over to you a little bit more than of people who are new or not verified...

฿: 1L7dSte4Rs4KyyxRCgrqSWYtkXdAb4Gy1z

MORE INFO ABOUT ME: BTC
papaminer (OP)

Free World

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 12:28:35 AM

I would also like to add...

that if lots of store accepts bitcoin... I wouldn't put so much trouble trying to sell BTC to USD... I would just use my BTC...

Smiley

TimJBenham

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 12:37:46 AM

and no... I am not going to send my BTC to random user claiming to be trustworthy...

I am looking for a trusted  company or website... (where I can send my btc first.. then get payment via paypal after a few minutes)

Try one of the trusted sellers on bitmit.net.

You are a warlord in the outskirts of the known world struggling to establish a kingdom in the wild lands.
Joshster

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 12:40:14 AM

I would also like to add...

that if lots of store accepts bitcoin... I wouldn't put so much trouble trying to sell BTC to USD... I would just use my BTC...

Smiley

Try one of those Bitcoin spending sites, they order stuff to your door from like Amazon for Bitcoins.
Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 03:11:57 AM

Have you tried the Bitcoin OTC? Good and reliable for PayPal, I hear.

Also do not forget that even if the buyer mentions Bitcoin by mistake in the comments, your account will be frozen.

stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 09:30:54 AM

Have you tried the Bitcoin OTC? Good and reliable for PayPal, I hear.

Also do not forget that even if the buyer mentions Bitcoin by mistake in the comments, your account will be frozen.

Why will it be frozen?
Joshster

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 01:12:14 PM

PayPal don't like you using them to trade Bitcoins or Virtual Goods.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 02:38:50 PM

you could always send it to me.......  Grin

more or less retired.
ffernandex

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 02:50:04 PM

and no... I am not going to send my BTC to random user claiming to be trustworthy...

I am looking for a trusted  company or website... (where I can send my btc first.. then get payment via paypal after a few minutes)

Try one of the trusted sellers on bitmit.net.

+1

this works very good for small amounts, but I wouldn't recommend doing the 20BTC in one transaction. The temptation will be too high. Do several batches with several sellers with good reputations.

If you like my posts, feel free to donate!
BTC: 1L1S4wG5TNJZSX9VG3vkk2er76YHihz3Kg
papaminer (OP)

Free World

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 10:52:11 PM

Still Selling....

Please buy my btc's

Joshster

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 11:08:52 PM

I would be interested in buying a amount of BTC from you, if you would like to do business with me.
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 11:13:01 PM

I would love to buy your coins this is exactly the reason that I started my service. You can check us out at facebook. Our page is bitcoins friends. I  buy and sell btc and ltc for paypal funds. https://www.facebook.com/bitcoinfriends?fref=ts thanks and let me know if you have questions
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: