Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:48:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Big reward if you can help me get my BTC out of Blockchain.info Wallet  (Read 383 times)
suipok (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 08:06:49 PM

Bitcoin Client Software and Version Number: Blockchain.info Web Wallet
Operating System: Windows 8.1
System Hardware Specs: N/A
Description of Problem: See below
Any Related Addresses: N/A
Any Related Transaction IDs: N/A
Screenshot of the problem: N/A
Log Files from the Bitcoin Client: N/A

--
I am looking for a Blockchain.info expert who can assist me with moving my funds out of the web wallet and into an electrum wallet. Something is very wrong with my web wallet and it crashes every time I try to send my Bitcoin to my electrum wallet. I did a lot of work with the Blockchain.info API a long time ago but after the web wallet got upgraded, my coins all seemed to get stuck (I assume it's because I have a very large number of test addresses in the account). The only message I get says I have a large number of transactions and I need to consolidate some of them, but I have not been able to find a way to accomplish this.

I have tried using my recovery phrase to start a new wallet, but it does not import my coins. I have tried importing my recovery phrase into numerous other wallets but they don't detect the coins either.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe during one of my tests with the API a long time ago, the coins were sent to an address that is well past the gap limit and so nothing gets detected during the account discovery.

Please, if anyone is extremely familiar with account discovery and the gap limit and can help me get my coins back, I will give you a big reward for your assistance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 08:20:41 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2017, 08:33:10 PM by HI-TEC99

Can you log into your blockchain.info wallet account? If you can there is a tutorial at the link below explaining how to sweep your blockchain.info wallet into electrum.

http://themerkle.com/how-to-recover-your-bitcoins-from-blockchain-info-using-electrum/

Another option you might try is using an odffline copy of the page linked below.

https://iancoleman.github.io/bip39/

You need to click the BIP32  tab in it, then enter the line of text below into the BIP32 Derivation Path box, then enter your blockchain.info wallet words into the BIP39 Mnemonic box.

m/44'/0'/0'

The page will automatically generate a list of private keys that you can import into electrum. It's default is to list 20 private keys, but you can increase that limit by entering the number you want into the "show more rows" box towards the bottom of the page.
AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 08:26:59 PM

If you haven't already, try this (IDK if this will work).

1. Load your recovery phase into an HD wallet, maybe blockchain.info again.

2. Take some bitcoins from somewhere else and send a small tx to an
address that is halfway through your address list. (Only send a small
amount incase this process does not work.)

3. If it works, blockchain.info will generate the next amount of addresses
and your lost coins may be sitting in one of those unlisted addresses.

Basically, if you need a way to push the gaplimit, maybe use a later address
so that the system thinks it needs to generate more.

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: