Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:25:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How many people think Localbitcoins.com is untrustworthy?
They do scam people - 0 (0%)
They are not doing anything wrong - 2 (66.7%)
I have heard rumors of bad things - 1 (33.3%)
Total Voters: 3

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How many people think Localbitcoins.com is untrustworthy?  (Read 338 times)
coindangers (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 08:51:42 PM

The first thing I want to say is I am not a troll as they say on this forum. I am someone who has $3600 trapped by localbitcoins for no true reason.I am in Mexico and they have blocked my account and say it is because of fraud and my location.I have done no fraud I have only been trying to sell some coins I got as a payment.

I have been working for 10 months to fix this problem with this website and it is lucky for me that the coins have gone up in price and not down but I can not get them to release my coins.I can show screen shots or you can see my account is BTCREY it has perfect history.

I  started to use localbitcoins.com and they then blocked my account and then asked for me to send identification for no reason,I sent copy of my IFE identification and they then said it was not enough and I then sent a picture of me holding the IFE card.They said this was not enough and they asked for a drivers licence or utility bills or a pasport.I do not have a passport ,I rent an apartment and I do not have any way to have utilities in my name unless I buy the apartment.

I have never left the country and a drivers license is not necessary where we live we always drive with the IFE, the IFE is the main identification card in Mexico and the police do accept it.

The problem is how many other people are they doing this to , they just say you are making a fraud and then they have your money it remind me of paypal stories I have seen.You can see my account I have had no disputes or problems,I got no blocks from any user there is no problem to say I am making a fraud they are just using those big words to make a reason to block my coins.

If I put the coins in from my wallet there is no fraud it is not like paypal or credit cards that can be used to make fraud it is coin which is a final transaction.

If they fix this and release my coins I will say it here and cancel this posting

If they are making excuses to steal peoples coins how many other people are having this problem and not saying anything?
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 11:05:56 AM

Some people face issues with them from time to time but I have never seen any serious scam accusations against them before. I highly suggest contacting them explaining the situation as you did now. If they refuse to cooperate or provide more information's about why they locked your account then I suggest making a scam accusation on the forums. I don't mean to make you lose hope or anything but 10 months is really a long period, I will be surprised If they do anything now.
globe-biz

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 08:40:18 PM

That is strange,how did they respond to your message that you dont have a passport? How many coins do you have trapped??
Are there other alternatives to localbitcoins.com I know there is paxful but all people I have read about say that place is worse!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: