Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 07:24:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2x7970s go idle after sometime  (Read 419 times)
muziqaz (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 11:09:41 PM

HI, I recently started mining with my radeons on GUI miner very latest version. When it is mining the hashrate is decent ~600MH/s. But if I leave it be and go to sleep, or work, after I come back the cards sit idle and nothing is happening. GUIminer log is full of Warning: Job finished Tahiti is idle.
Cannot figure out what's going on, as all power saving features are disabled on my system.
I tried setting some flags like -v -w256. They increase the rate, but often fail will longpooling (or something similar) I/O failing. And it still goes idle after a while.
Driver on the cards are latest beta, everything is up to date as far as I know. Windows 64bit
Boxman90

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 11:30:23 PM

Where are you mining to? A pool? Your wallet? Could be something as simple as the connection being bad / lost, thus the card stopping once it's done with the most recent work.

LTC: LKKy4eDWyVtSrQAJy7Qmmz61RaFY91D9yC   BTC: 18fzdnCkuUNthCD8hM36UBGopFa9ij78gG
tbone

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 11:46:36 PM

Try using cgminer instead. I am having fantastic luck with it!
biz

Activity: 38

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 12:04:28 AM

HI, I recently started mining with my radeons on GUI miner very latest version. When it is mining the hashrate is decent ~600MH/s. But if I leave it be and go to sleep, or work, after I come back the cards sit idle and nothing is happening. GUIminer log is full of Warning: Job finished Tahiti is idle.
Cannot figure out what's going on, as all power saving features are disabled on my system.
I tried setting some flags like -v -w256. They increase the rate, but often fail will longpooling (or something similar) I/O failing. And it still goes idle after a while.
Driver on the cards are latest beta, everything is up to date as far as I know. Windows 64bit

I guess you are mining on Eligius pool. Try another one. It seems Eligius generates this kind of issues frequently on same cards under guiminer.
muziqaz (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 08:13:52 AM

Sorry for some missed info I did not include.
I am mining for deepbit. I have a local wallet which is now synced. My internet connection is stable and it is 120Mbit line.
I will try cgminer, but as far as I know that one is command line app, so that would be extra margin of error from my part Smiley

Thanks for replies, too bad I did not setup this thread to notify me by email about replies, would have answered some of the questions sooner
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: