Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:32:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Request a Trading Buddy, Claim a Trading Buddy  (Read 1202 times)
Chainsaw (OP)

Activity: 625
Merit: 501

x

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 11:39:34 PM

I swear by the value of having a Trading Buddy.  Whenever I'm considering making a shift to my valuation of Bitcoin (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=181037.0), it's nice to have external validation. Did I fail to factor something in with my analysis?  Am I overemphasizing the importance of a certain factor?  Sometimes, it's just getting the confidence boost from finding they agree with your conclusions.

I thought I could start a thread whose goal is to pair people up.  I created a shared spreadsheet:

Trading Buddy Spreadsheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqpoRK3q-_aKdGpTU0xIQ2Iyek01Ri02UXNmMnVhdXc#gid=0

The quick and easy way is to simply follow the link and claim someone.  If you're a bit more anal thorough, you could try some of the following suggestions to try for a more perfect fit.

If you'd just like to put yourself out there and wait for someone to pair with you, fill out a "Trading Buddy Profile" below.  List whatever details you think will be important to someone pairing up.  For example, if I wasn't already paired up, I might write something like:

I weight fundamentals more heavily for a long term view, but absolutely love shorter term technical plays.  I tend to have a long-term bullish outlook. Given the right circumstances, I could see Bitcoin being sub-$1 next year, well over $1000, or anywhere in between.  I expect it'll be a bumpy ride for awhile as we transition from bleeding edge to leading edge adoption.  My interests in a partner:
-Minimum five years trading experience
-Considers both technical and fundamental indicators
-Generally bullish, long-term
-Willing to unemotionally debate points, cede errors, and be willing to say when you disagree with a position I take.

Or, you can take a look at the Spreadsheet, see who is currently unclaimed, then find their entries in this topic to find your best match.

One final note: I realize a shared spreadsheet is not the ideal tool for this. If there is a clearly superior method that doesn't require significant effort, please let me know, and I'd happily update the link from the spreadsheet to a new medium.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Missionary

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2013, 11:56:44 PM

Very friendly initiative. Smiley

I can't say that I would bee a very good "trading buddy", since I seldom trade. I am more of a "keep them secret, keep them safe" kind of guy. However, If someone needs a reassuring voice when in doubt whether to buy or not to buy, then I would be a good match. Might just make a recording with my voice asking the following: "My dear trading buddy, has the protocol been breached beyond reasonable repair? No? Then buy."  Grin

I am an evangelical missionary heading to China. Donations are welcome here (dedicated wallet): 1H8iswayfTaRb6oe2WjMCRmchBJHYyfx9z
You can find more information about my plans here: http://btcmission.com
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 03:37:34 AM

I swear by the value of having a Trading Buddy.  Whenever I'm considering making a shift to my valuation of Bitcoin (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=181037.0), it's nice to have external validation. Did I fail to factor something in with my analysis?  Am I overemphasizing the importance of a certain factor?  Sometimes, it's just getting the confidence boost from finding they agree with your conclusions.

I thought I could start a thread whose goal is to pair people up.  I created a shared spreadsheet:

Trading Buddy Spreadsheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqpoRK3q-_aKdGpTU0xIQ2Iyek01Ri02UXNmMnVhdXc#gid=0

The quick and easy way is to simply follow the link and claim someone.  If you're a bit more anal thorough, you could try some of the following suggestions to try for a more perfect fit.

If you'd just like to put yourself out there and wait for someone to pair with you, fill out a "Trading Buddy Profile" below.  List whatever details you think will be important to someone pairing up.  For example, if I wasn't already paired up, I might write something like:

I weight fundamentals more heavily for a long term view, but absolutely love shorter term technical plays.  I tend to have a long-term bullish outlook. Given the right circumstances, I could see Bitcoin being sub-$1 next year, well over $1000, or anywhere in between.  I expect it'll be a bumpy ride for awhile as we transition from bleeding edge to leading edge adoption.  My interests in a partner:
-Minimum five years trading experience
-Considers both technical and fundamental indicators
-Generally bullish, long-term
-Willing to unemotionally debate points, cede errors, and be willing to say when you disagree with a position I take.

Or, you can take a look at the Spreadsheet, see who is currently unclaimed, then find their entries in this topic to find your best match.

One final note: I realize a shared spreadsheet is not the ideal tool for this. If there is a clearly superior method that doesn't require significant effort, please let me know, and I'd happily update the link from the spreadsheet to a new medium.

Can I be your tarding buddy?
bassclef

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 03:58:40 AM

Great idea Smiley
Chainsaw (OP)

x

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 02:25:30 PM

b!z - while I'd love to, I've already got my trading buddy.  I think of that commitment as a bit more binding - we do our best to reply to each other's thoughts at first possible opportunities, as the insights may affect trading decisions.

That said, I'd have no problem with you shooting me a message from time to time if you want to kick an idea around.  I find exchanging trading viewpoints beneficial in nearly all cases, independent of whether I agree with another's conclusions or not.  So often it provides a point of view I hadn't previous considered - and perhaps the same would hold true for you.

b!z, bassclef - either of you willing to be the first (non-OP) brave soul to put your name on the Trading Buddy Spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqpoRK3q-_aKdGpTU0xIQ2Iyek01Ri02UXNmMnVhdXc#gid=0) and/or fill out a little profile/writeup below?

Chainsaw (OP)

x

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 05:29:08 PM

We've got a waiting candidate on the Trading Buddy list!

Wobber - any chance of filling out a "Trading Buddy Profile" below? It might help others decide if they might be a good fit.

vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 02:57:45 AM

If anyone wants to take me under their wing Smiley

I weight fundamentals more heavily for a long term view and as a result that grounds me from making too impulsive trades.  I have a long-term bullish outlook, as I've been here since two years ago and have witnessed Bitcoin's resiliency. Barring government attack, which I see as gradually becoming less and less feasible, I could expect anywhere from a -62%-500% change in price by the end of the year.  I feel like we're on the advent of the mass adoption phase, somewhere in between early adopter and early majority in the adoption cycle.

About me...
quick and willing to learn
I consider the entire global market, not just Bitcoin
Science background, studying for econ minor as well (has not yet proved useful)
I watch Bitcoin everyday, from assessing general sentiment to staying on top of news and new service developments, etc.
Active user of Bitcoin, it actually works! I found myself using Bitcoin more and more since two years ago, and so I truly see its place in society.

Preferably in my partner....
I'm looking for someone with 10 years of experience watching the markets
at least two years of trading experience
Patience to teach TA as I've had decent exposure though I'm only well grounded in fundamental analysis
Considers secondary effects
Can separate emotion from price and the actual Bitcoin movement

thanks Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: