Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 11:26:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The FIAT Fire Tribe  (Read 752 times)
uMMcQxCWELNzkt (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 12:01:57 AM

I would like to share this idea that I feel describes our current situation.

At the moment I see one dominating "tribe", this tribe is the general population, fully engrossed in the FIAT system despite understanding it's issues. In this tribe FIAT is a tradition however, it is a religion, it has been passed down through generations and is considered an essential for self fulfillment and survival. The tribe in order to worship their religion sit around the "FIAT fire", this fire has burned for generations also and on occasions has burned out(financial collapse) before recouping through the act of throwing on heaps of gasoline and desperate re ignition attempts.

The problem the FIAT tribe faces is this, only so many can have a sit around the preferential radius of the fire, the wealthy as a result huddle around in a tight circle around the middle squeezing out the competition, the rest sit behind those before them in ever expanding layers, each reducing in warmth and expanding in people per layer as you move further from fire. I hope this idea is understandable so far, if you draw a small circle with dots(representing people) then surrounding the previous inner circle with a new outer circle requires more dots in order to build each new outer layer. So now we have established the FIAT tribe, the rich are warm and the poor are freezing on the outer edges.

So how does Bitcoin come into the equation?

Well, the early adopters of Bitcoin are still part of the FIAT tribe, we are still in that circle. However, we have started to realize that huddling by this one flickering fire is not adequate. All the heat and light is filtered and regulated to the extent that the outer circles are growing colder and weaker. As a result Bitcoin is born, humanity has slowly started to look away from the fire and at alternative means of survival away from the FIAT tribes religion.

As the Bitcoin users look out of the circle they begin to see tools and resources laying around the outer perimeters, out of curiosity the first tribe members begin to pick up those tools. The FIAT tribe are now starting to notice other tribe members are picking up mysterious tools outside of the tribes radius too. Those in the inner circle, the wealthy controlling the fire begin to spread rumors, in fear they will do anything to alienate those exploring tribesman. From the inner circles whispers resonate, "those Tribe people are picking up those tools to hurt you! Do not trust them, we have a nice fire going don't give this up".

At the moment the rumors are working, the general populace of the tribe just want to get closer to the FIAT fire and take in as much warmth and light they can get.

So where does that leave those picking up those tools, well we have come to the realization that we can build an oven, a light bulb, a heater! This is a profound step than can not be undone, just like the invention of the wheel, it is an evolutionary shift in thinking. So as Bitcoin users begin to make attempts building various contraptions with varying success, slowly but surely the FIAT tribe will grow curious of what others are up to out of the FIAT tribe circle, somehow operating without need for the fire.

Bitcoin users should expect denial amongst the rumors and propaganda. The circles will continue with the mantra, louder and louder, "why would we mess around with those mysterious, cold looking tools when we have this fire! Yes it is burning out but we can fix this, they can fix this for us! All we need to do is huddle a little closer and give thanks for the space the inner circle provide".

All I can say is pick up those tools, build the infrastructure and show them what they are missing. I firmly believe we have have stepped outside of the circle, beyond the point of going back, all that is left is growth! Sure confidence will be dented, people will run back to the circle when they can not handle the cold or the complexities of the tools, however there are to many looking out of the circle to give up on what has been achieved and what has been seen.

I hope you like this short story, I might even create an illustrative interpretation if people like the idea, feel free to offer new perspectives to the idea too. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: