Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:37:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-03-02]The Price of Bitcoin is Now Worth One Ounce of Gold  (Read 280 times)
TravelMug (OP)

Activity: 2646
Merit: 851

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 05:53:11 PM

Bitcoin's price has reached parity with the per-ounce spot price of gold, according to the CoinDesk Bitcoin Price Index (BPI).

The per-ounce spot price for gold is $1,237.73, according to the XAU/USD spot exchange rate provided by Bloomberg Markets. Bitcoin's price, by comparison, is at $1,238.11, having opened the day at $1,230.02, BPI data shows.

The move follows a break to new all-time highs for the price of bitcoin, which began the year by crossing the $1,000 mark.

The Price of Bitcoin is Now Worth One Ounce of Gold

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 06:03:07 PM

My spirit was lifted when I read this news today on coindesk. Currently bitcoin price is $1260 the all time high. The bullish trend is shown significant volume as many traders are  buying now and few are selling. Either the ETF is approved or not I expect bitcoin to trade above $1000 through out this year.
yellow1

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 06:06:30 PM

It was good news indeed for the bitcoin community. I hope the price will still rise up to the end of the year and will not crush after the SEC decision on bitcoin ETF. Goodluck to all of us.
LittleBitFunny

Activity: 1428
Merit: 129

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2017, 07:45:42 PM

If it stays that way and the ETF is approved, Bitcoin could get loads of positive press, but unfortunately it might be portrayed as an asset rather than a currency because if all they focus on is the price its benefits might fall into an abyss of price being the only thing that matters.

If Bitcoin's path is getting viewed as an asset it needs to have the legitimacy and stability that gold has, and Bitcoin isn't necessarily comparable to an ounce of gold because the market cap of gold is much higher than Bitcoin and this legitimacy won't come overnight from Bitcoin's price being higher than gold.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: