Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:32:42 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: X11 Baikal x GPU  (Read 3411 times)
powershot (OP)

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 06:58:59 PM

Friends
I have a doubt about mining X11.

Today I own RIG of R9-280 / 280x / and I'm getting the new Rx-470
Unfortunately in my country we pay 60% more than in the US besides the theft of traders who is abusive. A GPU that at Amazon is 200 USD for us arrives at the cost of 350 USD.

This way when the mining reaches a plateau where it is not as profitable seeing the GPUs as in the old rigs, R9-270 / 270x R9 370.

Well, I've been researching about X11 mining with the Baikal Miners, 150 Mh / s @ 40w / 12v
http://www.baikalminer.com/ShowProducts.asp?id=466

Today I have the possibility to migrate every system to my current solar supply.

My questions are.
Baikal Miner @ X11 Something, would you have been at least 2 years old?

Today the cost of a Baikal is 300 USD, return on investment in 1 year.

In AMD / Rx 470 consumption is 150w / CARD.

I would like everyone's opinions.

I thank you.
bittawm
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 07:06:23 PM

baikal is beast, pm me if u need

@bittawm is my real telegram
@bittawm is my real twitter
beware of impersonators
powershot (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 07:08:18 PM

baikal is beast, pm me if u need

Many thanks for the info, bittawm
Until I see that it is better, but in case I would like more arguments, and also know how the system works, since I'm already accustomed to GPUs in W 7 x64
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 07:08:36 PM

The baikal's are very good miners and hash exactly as advertised.  You need to take into account the current state of ROI is mostly due to the rise in Dash.  Whether that will continue needs to be factored into your own analysis.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
powershot (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 07:15:05 PM

The baikal's are very good miners and hash exactly as advertised.  You need to take into account the current state of ROI is mostly due to the rise in Dash.  Whether that will continue needs to be factored into your own analysis.
TNX DebitMe

I usually perform trades with the crypts, and by the analysis of friends, DASH as well as ETH will have a good ascent, however it is as it spoke is with a high pump.
Is the use estimate for something X11 valid for more than 2 years?

For it would be the first year for the payment of the machines and the following for the return.
Remembering that I will not sell the machines for their low consumption compensates to keep them mining for some time.

Is there any competitor for Baikal X11 miner?
PovertyByte

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 08:08:54 PM

Only thing holding me back is not knowing how long before new and improved X11 miners get made making these obsolete with no gamers or any real market interested in buying the old ones, and also the fact that the current profitability and ROI will be crushed as the sales for these X11 miners jumps up

The Ethernet requirement is a hindrance for me as well plus at the price for this thing it would be nice if it included all power cables needed and such
powershot (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 09:32:22 PM

Only thing holding me back is not knowing how long before new and improved X11 miners get made making these obsolete with no gamers or any real market interested in buying the old ones, and also the fact that the current profitability and ROI will be crushed as the sales for these X11 miners jumps up

The Ethernet requirement is a hindrance for me as well plus at the price for this thing it would be nice if it included all power cables needed and such

Another thing you might need to consider is the quality of the hardware, will it fail after two month operation.

Baikal or GPU?
droizs

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 01:52:58 AM

atm, mining with x11 with baikal is a little more profitable than mining other algorithms with gpu
powershot (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 02:16:30 AM

atm, mining with x11 with baikal is a little more profitable than mining other algorithms with gpu

Yes, a X11 algo, was pumped with a DASH, but a baikal 150 only spend 40W

0,26 MH/W.

My question is whether the baikal remains for some time to at least withdraw the investment.
droizs

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 03:55:53 AM

You can't really compare the hashrate speeds of different algorithms when mined with GPU or CPU(ASIC). Do the math, it's not that hard... Also atm, mining with the baikal is way more power efficient.
thedue

Activity: 662
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 08:04:10 AM

Baikal Miners are one of the best Asics I´ve had so far.. shipping is fast, they work as promised, ROI is ok compared to other products... of course I can´t tell you how reliable they are long term...
GMPoison

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 08:06:43 AM

Baikal Miners are one of the best Asics I´ve had so far.. shipping is fast, they work as promised, ROI is ok compared to other products... of course I can´t tell you how reliable they are long term...

I didn't even know these things existed, I've been out of the game for so long. The Baikal X11 is either out of stock everywhere or people are reselling for 2x their value. Are they in stock anywhere for their default $299 price? If so that's very profitable.
Min€r

Activity: 359

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 09:16:21 AM

Hmmmm - don`t think so.... it is sold from Baikal website for 2400USD, I don`t know now how theyship it & if shipping is included on that price. On Aliexpress for example are sellers what ship immediately for 50 more or so via DHL Express. Wit fees what seller pay it is same priced (more or less) - look:

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/BeyZ7QZ

BTC Sticker: German | English  
BTC Promo Sticker Sets: German | English
1P7fvQGyNx2EwUD7zVfY8jvDFjfA5Sq59b
maleemk

Activity: 304

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 08:36:38 AM

Try https://asicminermarket.com/
several options to pay. trusted and good prices.

░░░░░░░░███████████████████████░░░
░░░░░░░░▀██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀█▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀
░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░

palicaj

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 08:24:31 PM

Any infos how to overclock Baikal miner?
I beleive that is possible.
powershot (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 01:56:53 AM

You can't really compare the hashrate speeds of different algorithms when mined with GPU or CPU(ASIC). Do the math, it's not that hard... Also atm, mining with the baikal is way more power efficient.

I did not understand his answer, because he wanted to show the efficiency of mining capacity.
Obviously, it verifies if it is profitable if the caption x consumption is positive and thus multiplied to the algorithm, but the GPU's are that I can sell later, and the X11 Baikal does not.

What is the estimated time for the useful life, based on its use, only consumption x return.

I didn't even know these things existed, I've been out of the game for so long. The Baikal X11 is either out of stock everywhere or people are reselling for 2x their value. Are they in stock anywhere for their default $299 price? If so that's very profitable.

I want buy  in Aliex.
Because Tax, and other things of my country.

Realy Thanks  4 all
greaterninja

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 11:14:23 AM

safest bet is to buy gpu used, mine etc or eth.  ETC has no longterm value as its a pump/dump coin by fanatics.

ETH, ZEC, XMR have potential though.

Dash has potential too.  You could just accumulate 1000 dash to automine with zero gpu.

Asics are harder to resell if market goes south.  GPU can usually always resell somewhere and I've always had them ROI over lifetimes.
Truthchanter

Activity: 689
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 04:40:22 PM

safest bet is to buy gpu used, mine etc or eth.  ETC has no longterm value as its a pump/dump coin by fanatics.

ETH, ZEC, XMR have potential though.

Dash has potential too.  You could just accumulate 1000 dash to automine with zero gpu.

Asics are harder to resell if market goes south.  GPU can usually always resell somewhere and I've always had them ROI over lifetimes.

Why buy used GPUs over new? Do used GPU's maintain the warranty? If not then is the slight price difference worth it?
IOTUSA

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 05:17:11 PM

Advantage of GPU over the Baikal ASIC is that if diff goes nuts in Dash (which is likely) or price falls (which is also likely) a GPU can mine about 100 other coins that Baikal cannot.

powershot (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 06:07:02 PM

Advantage of GPU over the Baikal ASIC is that if diff goes nuts in Dash (which is likely) or price falls (which is also likely) a GPU can mine about 100 other coins that Baikal cannot.

Baikal can mine any algo X11, as Dash too, not only.
I see Consumption of a BAikal is 40w, and GPU 150w,
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: