Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:37:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: USB miner, In two minds about ROI  (Read 1006 times)
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 06:24:56 PM

Hiya all, I am hosting 10 of these little things for a friend, Problem is he bought when at 2 coins a piece, Using Fiat for the trade and wanted in on the BTC way of life, Now comes the price drop, Meaning he has lost half his investment in a few days  Angry

So he asked me weather he should cash out and get 10 coins and sit on them or keep mining? I was a little stumped so I thought I would throw it out there for you guys, I said if you cash out you have paid double price for your coins, If you mine a few coins over the coming weeks and BTC shoots up, You will have made back the investment, Also If you sell for 10 coins and price rises you would have made.

Can anyone advise or have a different way of looking at this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 06:43:27 PM

Hiya all, I am hosting 10 of these little things for a friend, Problem is he bought when at 2 coins a piece, Using Fiat for the trade and wanted in on the BTC way of life, Now comes the price drop, Meaning he has lost half his investment in a few days  Angry

So he asked me weather he should cash out and get 10 coins and sit on them or keep mining? I was a little stumped so I thought I would throw it out there for you guys, I said if you cash out you have paid double price for your coins, If you mine a few coins over the coming weeks and BTC shoots up, You will have made back the investment, Also If you sell for 10 coins and price rises you would have made.

The best chance he has to recoup some of his losses is to take delivery and try to sell them on Ebay.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 12:47:18 PM

The best chance he has to recoup some of his losses is to take delivery and try to sell them on Ebay.

We considered this, However, After making a possibly selling them thread, We have had some offers to buy them, So I will see what happens.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: