Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:43:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CGminer basic questions, "rejected"  (Read 2823 times)
bobbobobbo (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 01:12:42 AM

I am solo mining litecoin using CGminer, running at 18 intensity on 3 7950s. I recently got the prompt "rejected" and an address. What would that imply?

Also, how do I close CGminer in order to get the full log readout? When I X out it just terminates completely.

(also, it loads up with "not enough work" constantly, any way to reduce that?")
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1091

Think for yourself

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 02:28:30 AM

I am solo mining litecoin using CGminer, running at 18 intensity on 3 7950s. I recently got the prompt "rejected" and an address. What would that imply?

Also, how do I close CGminer in order to get the full log readout? When I X out it just terminates completely.

I would suggest reading the readme file and the top post in the CGMiner thread and post your questions in that thread if you still have questions.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
nathanrees19

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 09:44:36 AM

Try a pool, any pool. Tune intensity (and any other value you want) until shares are submitting correctly for at least an hour. Switch back to solo when everything is good.
bobbobobbo (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:46:52 PM

Try a pool, any pool. Tune intensity (and any other value you want) until shares are submitting correctly for at least an hour. Switch back to solo when everything is good.

Would that imply that I would not see if everything is submitting correctly if I am currently running solo? At 18 intensity 70% fan speed I am keeping under 70C with no sick/dead GPUs to report. 500k/hash each 7950. Unless I am processing poorly and I don't realize it?
os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 10:04:03 PM

Would that imply that I would not see if everything is submitting correctly if I am currently running solo?

When mining solo there are no shares.  Only Block Solutions are accepted.

bobbobobbo (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 11:53:47 PM

Would that imply that I would not see if everything is submitting correctly if I am currently running solo?

So what does it mean when they are "rejected"? I have read the readme, still can't find a basic answer. So far I have 2 rejected..
(still mining solo)
os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 04:12:34 AM

So what does it mean when they are "rejected"? I have read the readme, still can't find a basic answer. So far I have 2 rejected..
(still mining solo)

Whats the exact verbiage or maybe get a screen shot of the message?  I wouldn't expect to see a rejected share when just solo mining.  Do you have failover pools configured?

Also you can try verbose and see if more information is available

--verbose           Log verbose output to stderr as well as status output

I would still post in the CGMiner thread as maybe others would have more experience with what you are trying to do.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: