Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 10:24:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Asic with "normal software" or gui Miner type program  (Read 1294 times)
techman05 (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 02:35:09 AM

I saw an forum ad for the butterfly asic device here and thought if it does what I want I might purchase one. It suppposed to come with cables and software to make it bitcoin mining"able". My wonder is will those outside devices plugged in by usb be seen in programs like guiMiner so I can stick with what I want or do I have to stick normally with what they provide.

Sorry if this has been asked here a million times being it a newbie forum but if its already answered post a like , I'll thank you and I'll be one step closer to helping mine bitcoins in an effective manner.

Like the info address for potential tips Wink
BTC 1CL5BnNhdL2wDVmSDwMbW1cNhZew87CAPV
* http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=563
panda1

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 02:52:07 AM

They don't provide their own mining software.  You have to use 3rd party software that eventually will support BFL ASIC.
techman05 (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 09:22:58 PM

It looks like it does with bfl Miner that comes with it or at least downloadable off their site. I am not quite sure how it will be treated by 3rd party till I get it, but I figure since its a specified mining tool that I will need extra commands to use software other than what will be included.

I'm sure once the masses start messing around with asic and whatever else. The software will be updated to work as much as it does with cards inside the pc.

Like the info address for potential tips Wink
BTC 1CL5BnNhdL2wDVmSDwMbW1cNhZew87CAPV
* http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=563
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 03:03:58 PM

can the usb block erupters be used with guiminer?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: