Bitcoin Forum
July 22, 2024, 11:28:30 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Help  (Read 417 times)
satosamoto (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 03:51:56 AM

BtCguild is show that I'm outputting 215 while my guiminer says my hash rate is 289
Deepbit shows my hash rate correctly should I change to deepbit or another pool??
satosamoto (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:07:47 AM

Have to wait till I get out of newb sec?
pantehicon

Activity: 21

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:10:45 AM

Your miner knows what your actual hashrate is, but the pool is only guessing based on correctly submitted blocks; They're going to be inaccurate, and the lower your hashrate the worse this estimation is.

I would suggest trying other pools just so you can get a feel for what's out there though. Keep in mind most of them have minimum withdrawal amounts that might be up to a few days solid mining, and some (such as slush's pool) have penalties for starting mining and then stopping again.
MrBilling

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:12:57 AM

Glad I read that here.  I haven't saw anywhere else about them penalizing you for starting / stopping.

I probably missed it somewhere.
Oldie

Activity: 52

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:14:58 AM

Like most anything else, reading all the terms mad conditions is a good thing.
pantehicon

Activity: 21

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:17:35 AM

It's to stop a specific type of pool-hopping attack. If you look closer it says that the share payout method described is a simplification, with a link to slush's post about why, and how.

It's really annoying because I actually use my computer for playing games, but I don't know of any other pools that aren't deepbit (I don't want to contribute to the 51% problem) or don't seem dodgy.

Probably a bit late to start even a private pool if I don't have any ASICs Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: