Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:41:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Android Bitcoin Client Bounty (1740 BTC pledged)  (Read 44734 times)
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 21, 2010, 09:00:47 PM

Ad supported software has it's place, but not on my hardware.  Only open source software qualifies for my bounty contribution.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1072

View Profile
December 22, 2010, 12:44:22 AM

1740 BTC is not enough for you?

that's about $400... that's a measly amount for work like this that'd take time.
FatherMcGruder

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2010, 04:11:55 AM

that's about $400... that's a measly amount for work like this that'd take time.
Sure, but people can reasonably add conditions to their bounties that require FOSS attributes.

Use my Trade Hill referral code: TH-R11519

Check out bitcoinity.org and Ripple.

Shameless display of my bitcoin address:
1Hio4bqPUZnhr2SWi4WgsnVU1ph3EkusvH
genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1072

View Profile
December 22, 2010, 05:55:47 AM

Sure, but people can reasonably add conditions to their bounties that require FOSS attributes.

Read the quote I was quoting. It was the person saying whether $400 isn't enough. Hint: it isn't, unless you want to do it & the $400 is a bonus. This is a perfectly doable task but would take quite a while to do to perfection (which personally if I'm taking people's money then I do want to). Grin
Cdecker

Activity: 489
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2010, 12:24:49 PM

cdecker: I hate ads in Android apps, how about a paid client?
I see some interesting possibilities here. What if the app would transfer a small fraction of a bitcoin to Cdecker, once for every day in which the user made a transfer? Or perhaps, users could send, with the app, a certain amount to Cdecker and in doing so disable the ads?
Oh please no!
Automatically stealing a few cents per transaction would start the whole mess about the puddinpop cuda client again, don't worry I'll probably stick to opensourcing the core and make an ad based Frontend and give people the option to disable the ads by sending me a few coins :-)

Want to see what developers are chatting about? http://bitcoinstats.com/irc/bitcoin-dev/logs/
Bitcoin-OTC Rating
tcatm

Activity: 337
Merit: 265

View Profile
January 08, 2011, 03:05:20 AM

My js-remote is fully working on Android and supports local transactions by displaying QR codes on the phone and scanning them with the camera. It's also possible to display QR codes on a computer and send Bitcoins to it from a phone.

Does this qualify for the bounty?
slush
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2011, 03:27:36 AM

Does this qualify for the bounty?

I like your solution (but didn't tested it on phone yet). Unfortunately current version is still unusable because nobody will open own bitcoind RPC to internet and send plain username/password over it. I don't know how difficult is to add SSL layer, but once this will be solved somehow, my 50BTC is yours.

tcatm

View Profile
January 08, 2011, 03:33:21 AM

SSL works in theory. In practice, there's either a bug in browsers or bitcoind that prevents a reliable connection. I hope to resolve that within the next days.
slush
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2011, 03:40:34 AM

SSL works in theory. In practice, there's either a bug in browsers or bitcoind that prevents a reliable connection. I hope to resolve that within the next days.

Great, then I send you the rest of my bounty.

Cdecker

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2011, 10:38:00 AM

Wait a second, I thought this is about a full implementation of Bitcoin on top of Android and not some remoting. I'm implementing the whole stack in Java for a native Bitcoin app.

Want to see what developers are chatting about? http://bitcoinstats.com/irc/bitcoin-dev/logs/
Bitcoin-OTC Rating
slush
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2011, 10:53:29 AM

Wait a second, I thought this is about a full implementation of Bitcoin on top of Android and not some remoting. I'm implementing the whole stack in Java for a native Bitcoin app.

Personally I prefer remote solution because I don't want to have my coins on mobile phone for security reasons. So handling wallet + QR codes are enough for me and I want to support this solution. This does not mean I won't pay you for full Android stack, too.

Cdecker

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2011, 11:04:49 AM

Personally I prefer remote solution because I don't want to have my coins on mobile phone for security reasons. So handling wallet + QR codes are enough for me and I want to support this solution. This does not mean I won't pay you for full Android stack, too.
Good point, I'm using the Android BackupManager to save and restore the wallet once it's implemented, so keeping things on a phone wont be too risky, just restore and transfer to another account :-)

Bitcoin-OTC Rating
tcatm

View Profile
January 08, 2011, 01:27:59 PM

Wait a second, I thought this is about a full implementation of Bitcoin on top of Android and not some remoting.

You can run bitcoind on the phone. This even makes your wallet compatible with the desktop version.
humble

Activity: 91
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 08, 2011, 05:15:15 PM

What about talking with the developer for this project to see about adding Bitcoin functionality to what he's got going on?

http://timothyjc.blogspot.com/2010/12/wallet-for-android.html
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 08, 2011, 07:54:09 PM

What about talking with the developer for this project to see about adding Bitcoin functionality to what he's got going on?

http://timothyjc.blogspot.com/2010/12/wallet-for-android.html

Feel free, but I doubt that they are comparable tech.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
dirtyfilthy

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2011, 08:05:12 PM

The most important thing to come out of this won't be an android bitcoin client but a (hopefully less opaque) reference implementation of the bitcoin protocol, from which a bunch of different clients could potentially be built.

I'm also working on a java bitcoin stack. Let a thousand flowers bloom.
tcatm

View Profile
January 09, 2011, 12:10:44 AM

Added SSL support to js-remote using a little server script.
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 09, 2011, 01:15:31 AM

You can just transfer a few bitcoins (as you see fit) to your phone wallet.
If your phone is stolen with saved credentials (which probably many will use) you're screwed even more

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
Cdecker

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2011, 01:24:59 AM

The most important thing to come out of this won't be an android bitcoin client but a (hopefully less opaque) reference implementation of the bitcoin protocol, from which a bunch of different clients could potentially be built.

I'm also working on a java bitcoin stack. Let a thousand flowers bloom.
Interested in comparing notes,  I would love to see your approach to it :-)

Bitcoin-OTC Rating
brocktice

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

Apparently I inspired this image.

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2011, 04:19:32 PM

tcatm's bitcoin-js-remote met all of my bounty conditions. I just paid him the full 800 BTC + 200 bonus for using QR codes.

http://media.witcoin.com/p/1608/8----This-is-nuts

My #bitcoin-otc ratings: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=brocktice&sign=ANY&type=RECV

Like my post? Leave me a tip: 15Cgixqno9YzoKNEA2DRFyEAfMH5htssRg
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: