Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:15:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Poloniex - Convert Bitcoin to cash and hold online?  (Read 3412 times)
PacificNomad (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 06:45:52 AM

Hi there,

Apologies if I haven't posted in the right forum. 

I'm curious if anyone here has experience with Poloniex and knows whether it's possible to convert Cryptocurrency to Fiat and keep it online in that platform without having to transfer it back to my regular bank account or crypto wallet? 

Is this possible?

I'd like a way to sell out of crypto and back into Fiat in that online platform and then have the quick ability to buy back into crypto as the markets fluctuate.

Any help is much appreciated

Cheers
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
knircky

Activity: 99
Merit: 18

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 07:23:08 AM

Polo does not have usd or any fiat. However you can buy crypto tokens that are pegged to usd such as sbd or usdt.

PacificNomad (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 08:36:38 AM

Hi Knircky,

Thanks for the response.  That's a good similar alternative

Cheers
Vaccinus

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 05:01:43 PM

you can do this in other exchange, you dump your bitcoin and hold fit instead and wait for a rise, because sending them to your bank account, might let you in trouble with taxes and thigns like this, and also having fiat instead of bitcoin on a exchange is more secure, you are covered in case someone hack your account

arcathomas

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 05:44:03 PM

You can trade your BTC to USDT, and hold it, it's basically the same as trading to usd.
LLec

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2017, 07:40:28 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2017, 08:14:32 PM by LLec

You can trade your BTC to USDT, and hold it, it's basically the same as trading to usd.
Yes that's right. USDT.
It is called Tether and you can do it this way in what you are asking if it is possible to do.
PacificNomad (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 12:05:44 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2017, 12:20:19 PM by PacificNomad

Heya,

Cheers for the responses.  Just to confirm, is there any issues transferring to USDT, holding for a while and then back into your chosen coin at any time?  

I've been looking around on Polo and maybe someone can point me in the right direction of how I transfer my coins into USDT and then back out into coins?  Can't see it in front of my face :-/

PS.  I had a friend tell me had some issues with USDT and lost money somehow.  Just want to make sure I'm using it correctly and there's no chance of losing funds, or any chance of USDT not being a 100% lock to the US $ ....

Cheers
amaral1977

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 10:09:49 AM

Heya,

Cheers for the responses.  Just to confirm, is there any issues transferring to USDT, holding for a while and then back into your chosen coin at any time?  

I've been looking around on Polo and maybe someone can point me in the right direction of how I transfer my coins into USDT and then back out into coins?  Can't see it in front of my face :-/

PS.  I had a friend tell me had some issues with USDT and lost money somehow.  Just want to make sure I'm using it correctly and there's no chance of losing funds, or any chance of USDT not being a 100% lock to the US $ ....

Cheers

Can buy back the cryptos at any time as long as they are still listed there.
If you are concerned with profit keep a look at your history. In a few days, weeks or months you might not remender at what rate you sold the crypto for USD tokens. When you check your history you might consider that info when buying back the cryptocurrency coins.

██████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
      ██████████▌▐██████████ 
    ██████ ████▌  ▐████ ██████ 
   ██████  ▐██▀    ▀██▌  ██████ 
  ██████  ▌ █▄▄█  █▄▄█ ▐  ██████ 
 ██████▌ ▐██████  ██████▌ ▐██████ 
 ██████  ███████  ███████  ██████ 
 █████▌  ██▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀██  ▐█████ 
 █████                      █████ 
  █████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████▄▄▄▄▄█████ 
   ████████████▌  ▐████████████ 
    ████████████▌▐████████████ 
      ██████████████████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
            ██████████ 

█████████
█████████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████████
█████████

EXCHANGES 

CREX24GRAVIEXBITEBTC

█████████
█████████
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
█████████
█████████
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 12:10:46 PM

Heya,

Cheers

You might find there are times when there is a big spread between the prices of USDT for sale, and offers to buy them. You might lose some money if you buy some, then quickly change your mind and sell them.

There is a $4 gap between the lowest priced USDT for sale, and the highest priced offer to buy USDT today.

https://poloniex.com/exchange#usdt_btc

piloder
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 05:59:30 PM

I personally trade bitcoin for USDT in poloniex and it is best way to remain in safe side during huge price movement like right now. I have already sold few bitcoin when price was around 1300$ and now waiting for price to get some stable price after this correction to buy back. However its better not to keep all your bitcoin in any exchange platform but we don't have other choice.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: