Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 09:36:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sapphire 7950 not allowing overclock  (Read 3183 times)
Bitcoinassasin (OP)

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 10:00:43 AM

Restarted three separate LC rigs, but when the booted back up I have lost the ability to OC with Trixx. No fan control, not temp, and sliders on clock show zero.
WTF? I have literally unistalled and reinstalled everything including drivers, CCC, SDK.. All to no avail.
Ever happened to anyone?
Any ideas on how to fix this?
jruben4

Activity: 17

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 12:54:04 AM

Having same issue with a Sapphire 7850 - and can't seem to adjust any of the overclock settings.  I tried several of the overclock apps, even tried triXX, but it just shows "0" for clock speed and memory speed, and if I hit "+" it goes to 1 and then back to zero. (VGA SAPPHIRE|100355-1GOCL HD7850 1G)
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 01:07:23 AM

Check in GPU-Z what you can see - rules out a pure software cause.
If its not showing much its at a driver level. Try a CLEAN install = uninstall, restart, restart, uninstall default, restart and install actual.

Jack1Rip1BurnIt

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Trust me, these default swaps will limit the risks

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 02:42:29 AM

I'm having similar issues with my Sapphire 7950 OC card after a restart. Only difference is I can overclock but I have lost the ability to use MSI AFterburner to underclock the memory more than 150 mhz less than the core clock. I've tried all kinds of shit and it's bout pissed me off to the max. Pretty much gave up. Installing the newest drivers as we speak, but I doulbt anything changes...at least for the better. Huh

Successful trades with bels, misterbigg, ChrisNelson, shackleford, geniusboy91, and Isokivi.
Bitcoinassasin (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 04:46:49 AM

Eventually all 24 of my rigs did this. It was from a driver clash between CCC and virtu MVP. If your using an asrock mobo as I am, uninstall virtu, uninstall you OC software, reinstall CCC and reset. Bam fixed.
jruben4

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 07:02:20 PM

I don't have the overdrive option under the ATI control panel.  I've uninstalled the ATI drivers, rebooted, reinistalled new drivers, rebooted, etc.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8263/8707243773_04023329ff_d.jpg

Even with the current ATI drivers, no software seems to be getting the GPU clock, mem clock, GPU temp information from the card:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8277/8707243625_1ac87b3635_d.jpg

I assume this is why TRIXX can't overclock the card (nor can CGMINER).

Any ideas?
Bitcoinassasin (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 04:50:17 PM

You have a driver clash between something and CCC. Also, did you install AMD SDK?
 If this is a dedicated mining rig you need to fresh install, then mobo drivers with no bloatware, then net 4 framework, then CCC, then amd sdk, then msi afterburner as trixx actually is lame, then cg miner.
If this is not a dedicated rig, you have to find what program is crashing the overclock drivers. There is no easy way except a fresh install.
notaek
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 04:53:49 PM

Make sure ULPS is turned off.

spoid

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

bearded, drunk, fat, naked

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 10:55:32 AM

I'm having similar issues with my Sapphire 7950 OC card after a restart. Only difference is I can overclock but I have lost the ability to use MSI AFterburner to underclock the memory more than 150 mhz less than the core clock. I've tried all kinds of shit and it's bout pissed me off to the max. Pretty much gave up. Installing the newest drivers as we speak, but I doulbt anything changes...at least for the better. Huh

Did you put that special ATI dll file inside the Afterburner folder? For me, I have to restart Afterburner several times to underclock the memory that far on my Sapphire 7950 OC.

Let's say I reboot:

Stock memory of 1250, can move it down to 600

close and restart afterburner

can set it to 300 something

close and restart afterburner

can set it to 155. also shows up in trixx now.

with great beard comes great liver. Reputation Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195803.0
TheJuice

Activity: 841
Merit: 608

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 01:55:10 AM

This seems to happen if you try to use trixx AND afterburner. I just stuck with afterburner, unlocked the volate in settings and haven't had a problem since.
Ryu.Hayabusa

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 01:09:03 PM

For those who haven't succeeded in restoring overclocking ability, a windows re-install would probably fix the issue.  I would recommend first installing the Network and ATI drivers first, and see if overclocking is restored.  If so, install the rest of the drivers one by one (rebooting each time) to see if everything is still working as it should.

If overclocking is disabled after a driver (and/or utility) was installed, first try uninstalling it and see if functionality is restored.  If so, either skip that driver if its not a huge deal (USB3 for example), or try a manual install with .inf files instead.

If I was able to help you out, please consider donating.  Any amount is greatly appreciated! Smiley         
LTC LYxUfCXVHVkBv2S8H21NK6UnFnXmNaVqv6   XRP rHAYiZ3f7QGLa4qsVPjLsVEmwUQ9nSMq86
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: