Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 06:32:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Group-Buy Avalon chips- Anyone interested?  (Read 844 times)
t13hydra (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 10:49:48 AM
Last edit: April 29, 2013, 09:43:11 PM by t13hydra

Hi there.
Newbie here on the forum. But not for Bitcoin.
A question to all: would anybody be interested in a group-buy for an Avalon? The numbers are: ~3000 shares at $10 each. The device was ordered on the 18th of February (Batch 2).
This is the link to the payment:  https://blockchain.info/tx/582d7aa7a530e6496cb11391b0474f1a60875c0cc0a3574343155d5eb90f3938

For the beginning, i can have a list of shares with people through a shared google docs. The payment can be made via paypal or BTC through escrow. When we receive the device, we clear the BTC payment.

Let me know what you think, if anybody's interested.

Steve
BigBitz

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 11:49:05 AM

I would be interested.

will you be willing to do Escrow for PayPal Payments? Using someone like John K from this forum?

Tips BTC --> 1BS2sYvy3T1cpNhie6CVFMcUrHa84a8mPa <-- Thanks! || Tips [LTC] --> LaytYJNCha7z7zcws5a2o2GWWjvWfDCGkr <--
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 01:31:24 PM

hmmm sounds interesting  Smiley id probably join in maybe set up a free blog with the current starts and stuff tied in from either the pool or just straight from the miner its self

(feel a bit better if you could get a higher ranking member to vouch for you)

t13hydra (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 07:45:02 AM

Yes,
Escrow for payments would be fine. If that helps you feel more confident, i'm good with it. After all, the idea is to buy the Avalon. Great idea, BTW. Thanks
js2082

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 07:47:12 AM

interesting idea though...
katie1348

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 08:03:56 AM

I would be interested too, it seems like an interesting idea.

I am a little worried about the payout though, how would that work?

K
justabitoftime

Activity: 154

CoinTropolis

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 08:27:53 AM

Let me know what you think, if anybody's interested.

Steve

I'm interested.

BigBitz

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 10:47:16 AM

I would be willing to buy into this.

I would be willing to offer my verified PayPal as an Escrow also.

Tips BTC --> 1BS2sYvy3T1cpNhie6CVFMcUrHa84a8mPa <-- Thanks! || Tips [LTC] --> LaytYJNCha7z7zcws5a2o2GWWjvWfDCGkr <--
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 02:31:11 PM

I would be interested.

will you be willing to do Escrow for PayPal Payments? Using someone like John K from this forum?
By the way, I only accept BTC payments for my escrow service. PayPal, no matter how 'verified' it is, is a no-no for me. I don't want to deal with the backlog of chargebacks that's bound to come later.
t13hydra (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 08:28:47 PM

About the payment, we can figure out a btc payment via escrow. There is a John K person here that already solved a task like that.
About the payroll, Kate, we can eighter share the profits based on initial payment (budget of a person), in percentage, or we can set-up a funding entity on btct.co and have shares which bring an incentive (dividend) every round. We can also trade those shares later. i see many BFL devices for sale besides Avalon. I'm not sure if we can raise the funds for an avalon (roughly $30000). What do you guys think? Shall we raise the money first and then think of options to spend it?

Steve
katie1348

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 11:26:39 AM

About the payment, we can figure out a btc payment via escrow. There is a John K person here that already solved a task like that.
About the payroll, Kate, we can eighter share the profits based on initial payment (budget of a person), in percentage, or we can set-up a funding entity on btct.co and have shares which bring an incentive (dividend) every round. We can also trade those shares later. i see many BFL devices for sale besides Avalon. I'm not sure if we can raise the funds for an avalon (roughly $30000). What do you guys think? Shall we raise the money first and then think of options to spend it?

Steve

Thank you for answering my payout question. I think I would want to know that my payout would be real and regular.

I think, it would be better to line up the investors, perhaps in escrow, then have the machine, with pictures etc. This would then allow the escrow to release and we start mining and getting payout for the box.

What fee would you want to take?

K
Technologov

Activity: 203

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 11:41:05 AM

I may be interested. But how can I trust you ?
t13hydra (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 03:09:46 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2013, 09:44:30 PM by t13hydra

Hello to all,

Some news and updates: I've decided not to buy anything from e-bay. Why? Because of the simple fact that i can't afford, nor do i want to pay $15000 for an Avalon miner. Call me crazy, but i'd rather build my own.
So, that said, i'd like to announce the opening of a large Group-Buy through escrow, of course, of 10000 Avalon chips. My goal here is to finalize the order and have the chips delivered to eighter: a. You, if you know what to do with it (Check out the DIY threads) or b. a trusted developer, who can assemble a device using those chips and have a fully functional mining device delivered to You.

Some pros for this thread (Question: Why would i order from you? )
- 5% fee for the handling and effort, instead of 9.9% like others have (i do not intend to make competition, my goal is simply to order my chips as well and give time for people to order. I consider 5% for me is enough for me. Period.)
- I will do my best to have a PCB assembled and tested in Romania, for romanian costs. This would ensure a cheaper device overall
- My ordering window is by the end of May, but i will try to complete at least one batch by the 15th of May, so our order gets delivered sooner
- I have used the escrow service from John K., so you can rest assured you get what you pay for

If you're interested, please express your demand on this thread --> [Group Buy] Avalon ASIC Chips - Escrow by John K. (Eastern Europe / Romania)

Thank you,
Steve
Pzi4nk

Activity: 70

Move over clarinets, I'm getting on the band wagon

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 04:19:58 PM

That's disappointing.

From the title it appeared you already had a 2nd batch Avalon on order and were looking to defray the cost. It appears you just want to gather money to order one now which puts investors no better off than ordering one themselves.
t13hydra (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 08:34:03 PM

That's disappointing.

From the title it appeared you already had a 2nd batch Avalon on order and were looking to defray the cost. It appears you just want to gather money to order one now which puts investors no better off than ordering one themselves.

Well, if you're willing to pay the $15000, please do. The point is to spread the chips (and the cost) so that "smaller" wallets can have ASICs too.
fgkrew

Activity: 65

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 08:36:10 PM

Hi,

i might be interested, can some old time user vouch for you?
takeyourhatoff

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 08:47:35 PM

Hi,

interested in this too
t13hydra (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 09:36:41 PM

Hi,

interested in this too

Hi there,
As soon as you go over in the other thread and express your interest, i will have the escrow address open for us. As for vouching, no, unfortunately not. I'm new to the forum and relatively new to bitcoin (discovered accidentally in september, 2012). I've been mining since then and now i want to have my asic finally. I've also ordered a BFL 30 GHash miner at that time, March, and waiting to receive it. I'm using escrow specially because i have no connections yet on the forum.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=189582.0
miningdude

Activity: 416
Merit: 250

Have a mining rig

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 10:42:55 PM

It looks like escrow is taking care of the trust issue. I think I'll be content to cheer from the sidelines and see how this unfolds. Great idea, BTW!
katie1348

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 06:35:12 AM

Hello to all,

Some news and updates: I've decided not to buy anything from e-bay. Why? Because of the simple fact that i can't afford, nor do i want to pay $15000 for an Avalon miner. Call me crazy, but i'd rather build my own.
So, that said, i'd like to announce the opening of a large Group-Buy through escrow, of course, of 10000 Avalon chips. My goal here is to finalize the order and have the chips delivered to eighter: a. You, if you know what to do with it (Check out the DIY threads) or b. a trusted developer, who can assemble a device using those chips and have a fully functional mining device delivered to You.

Some pros for this thread (Question: Why would i order from you? )
- 5% fee for the handling and effort, instead of 9.9% like others have (i do not intend to make competition, my goal is simply to order my chips as well and give time for people to order. I consider 5% for me is enough for me. Period.)
- I will do my best to have a PCB assembled and tested in Romania, for romanian costs. This would ensure a cheaper device overall
- My ordering window is by the end of May, but i will try to complete at least one batch by the 15th of May, so our order gets delivered sooner
- I have used the escrow service from John K., so you can rest assured you get what you pay for

If you're interested, please express your demand on this thread --> [Group Buy] Avalon ASIC Chips - Escrow by John K. (Eastern Europe / Romania)

Thank you,
Steve

I do not know who the user is, but creating your own product is a huge undertaking, this is why people go to people like Avalon and Butterfly Labs to get miners.

Who is going to write the software drivers, firmware on the device etc?

K
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: