Bitcoin Forum
September 06, 2024, 03:19:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is this Bitcoin logo from?  (Read 705 times)
MinerV (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 10:58:59 AM

I have seen this logo so many places, but have been unable to track down the origin. I understand Bitcoin is free and open and amazing; but credit needs to be given where credit is due, and if this isn't an openly free logo, then I don't want any licensing issues. That is also one of the biggest versions I've been able to find (someone was using it as a Twitter background), but if there is an original image of it, I'd enjoy that much more. I also have no issues with the current accepted logo, but I might want to use this for some promotional graphics for my e-commerce site. Thank you in advance for any help! Grin

https://si0.twimg.com/profile_background_images/831380464/159e3b5e48bd0859b0c491941211acc1.png

Edit: I found the PSD of the original coin icon and will probably have fun creating my own icon, but I would still like to know where this one is from. Thanks!
Thedomone15

Activity: 17

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 12:37:49 PM

That is a good question. I've always assumed someone just kind of contributed it "open source" but not sure.
Hei_

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 12:38:53 PM

i made it. also i am satoshi
MinerV (OP)

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 08:15:11 AM

I finally found it on the bottom of this page on the official Bitcoin site, along with a few other stylish graphics: http://bitcoin.org/en/bitcoin-for-press I suppose this still doesn't answer who originally made it, but it seems safe to assume that graphics on the Bitcoin.org site are safe for public use.

As the Bitcoin community, we really need to work on getting the word out there by using central symbols, logos, etc. Heck, I came up with some nice little neon coin icons the other day and was planning to post them on here. Who knows, maybe someone will like them.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: