Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:01:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 69,000 (69K) Unconfirmed Transactions! ....WTF...???  (Read 6069 times)
Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 09:31:41 PM

https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions

Hey all, I used to come here every day, but am recently too busy:
69,000 (69K) Unconfirmed Transactions!   ....WTF...Huh  (Edit 71K++ WTF+++)  ... now ~69,057 after new block

Hey guys, how's it going!

How does Bitcoin keep functioning, into the future, if ~70,000 transactions can cause an ongoing drama?
What is the solution and how soon can we get things right?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zombijs

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 09:41:15 PM

Few days back when recent pump begun. It was close to 90k uncorfirmed transactions.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2017, 09:44:27 PM

The explanation is simple:
1) Demand is higher than the block space supply.
2) It is rather trivial to spam the blockchain for useless use cases or malicious reasons.

How does Bitcoin keep functioning, into the future, if ~70,000 transactions can cause an ongoing drama?
Bitcoin remains functional regardless of how high the number of unconfirmed transactions is.

Segwit -> Signature aggregation (Schnorr) -> LN.

You can get Segwit adopted pretty quickly if the miners were to signal support for it. From what I gather, the miners are enjoying the high fees per block which are a side-effect of the block size debate.

Example of SPAM: https://blockchain.info/address/3QQB6AWxaga6wTs6Xwq8FYppgrGinGu15f
Number of transactions: 31981
It is just sending money to itself over and over again!

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Memento

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 10:00:36 PM

Die waiting for segwit or use Dash instant transactions, top 3 at coinmarket now:

https://coinmarketcap.com
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2017, 10:01:42 PM

Die waiting for segwit or use Dash instant transactions, top 3 at coinmarket now:

Stop promoting the shitcoin everywhere. It is a clear pyramid scheme that is dying. Roll Eyes

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Memento

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 10:02:45 PM

Stop promoting the shitcoin everywhere. It is a clear pyramid scheme that is dying. Roll Eyes

Well fuck, i invested 1000 Dash for masternode, i will not allow Dash to die Smiley...
DomainMagnate

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2017, 10:05:59 PM

Example of SPAM: https://blockchain.info/address/3QQB6AWxaga6wTs6Xwq8FYppgrGinGu15f
That is stupidity.Who is behind all these?I guess the only one benefitting with this is miners.There is no reason otherwise for a non-miners to do this.
Memento

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 10:07:30 PM

That is stupidity.Who is behind all these?I guess the only one benefitting with this is miners.There is no reason otherwise for a non-miners to do this.

With Dash 45% goes to masternodes, 45% to miners, sorry Lauda Grin
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 10:10:18 PM

The solution was proposed years ago (get rid of the archaic 1mb limit originally put in place as a spam filter).

But the powers that be  **COUGH COUGH BLOCKSTREAM ** have done everything in their power to avoid that.

Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 10:10:29 PM

Shame on you OP (legendary indeed). There is a thread that is the exact same as this one already in progress in this section of the forum. It's was on the front page when you decided to create this one!

Did you think dividing the discussion would be more productive?

All you've done is create another place for signature spammers to promote their garbage.

Good job. You lose 69k internets.

Since you are an clearly an expert at spam, maybe you can explain why there is so much transaction spam lately.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2017, 10:10:37 PM

Well fuck, i invested 1000 Dash for masternode, i will not allow Dash to die Smiley...
Now we know why you're promoting the shitcoin. You're a bagholder.

Plenty of reasons:
1) Complain about congestion to promote the contentious fork called BU.
2) You just want to harm Bitcoin.
3) You want to earn more (in case a miner is behind this).

With Dash 45% goes to masternodes, 45% to miners, sorry Lauda Grin
I don't care. Stop spamming Dash nonsense in the wrong section.

I do not know how your suggestion helps the transaction of Bitcoin.  Aside from that  your altcoin is nowhere to be accepted here in my country.  If you say converting Bitcoin to your altcoin, then converting altcoin to Bitcoin and transfer it to exchange, it is just a waste of time and effort.  Altcoin will never help in the unconfirmed issue of Bitcoin.
Just ignore the bagholder. Dash is a premined and centralized trashcoin.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Memento

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 10:14:43 PM

I do not know how your suggestion helps the transaction of Bitcoin.  Aside from that  your altcoin is nowhere to be accepted here in my country.  If you say converting Bitcoin to your altcoin, then converting altcoin to Bitcoin and transfer it to exchange, it is just a waste of time and effort.  Altcoin will never help in the unconfirmed issue of Bitcoin.

Not for large amounts of Bitcoins, Bitcoin is becoming like western union, if you send thousands in Bitcoin it's possible that you will need to pay hundreds in fees for miners,
Right now is best to transfer money with Dash instant transactions, roger ver Bitcoin.com owner transferred 100k in Dash for only 30 cents:
https://twitter.com/rogerkver/status/837376532884701184
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2017, 10:17:57 PM

Not for large amounts of Bitcoins, Bitcoin is becoming like western union, if you send thousands in Bitcoin it's possible that you will need to pay hundreds in fees for miners,
Bullshit. You can send any amount of money for <1$ depending on your transaction size. You don't need to pay "hundreds".

Right now is best to transfer money with Dash instant transactions, roger ver Bitcoin.com owner transferred 100k in Dash for only 30 cents:
Roger Ver is known for promoting altcoin pumps until he dumps them. You are going to left holding bags full of Dash trash. Kiss

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Memento

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 10:22:51 PM

Bullshit. You can send any amount of money for <1$ depending on your transaction size. You don't need to pay "hundreds".

Roger Ver is known for promoting altcoin pumps until he dumps them. You are going to left holding bags full of Dash trash. Kiss

Lauda Shmauda, don't lie, don't lie... Smiley It takes hours or even days to confirm Bitcoin confirmations and fees becoming insaane!
Of course you work with Bitcoin and you will not tell use the truth.

Bitcoin is tha best !
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2017, 10:27:55 PM

Lauda Shmauda, don't lie, don't lie... Smiley It takes hours or even days to confirm Bitcoin confirmations and fees becoming insaane!
Bullshit. Don't blame the Bitcoin network if you don't know how the fundamentals work. I have made a transaction yesterday which confirmed in the very next block. All that had to be done was use the appropriate fee-rate.

This statement makes you a hypocrite as you're a Dash bagholder promoting the scam coin formerly known as Darkcoin.

Bitcoin is tha best !
Yes.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Memento

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 10:30:25 PM

Bullshit. Don't blame the Bitcoin network if you don't know how the fundamentals work. I have made a transaction yesterday which confirmed in the very next block. All that had to be done was use the appropriate fee-rate.

This statement makes you a hypocrite as you're a Dash bagholder promoting the scam coin formerly known as Darkcoin.

Bitcoin is tha best !
Yes.

It would be the best if you would confirm these transactions manually instead of posting shit there Cheesy
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 10:31:04 PM

Looks like btc is being DDOS'ed with $0.05 and $0.01 transactions.

Maybe someone's trying to lower the price so they can buy cheaper btc before the ETF announcement on the 11th.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 10:35:22 PM

69K unconfirmed transactions is nothing special anymore. There are nodes that have had over 100K of unconfirmed transactions in their mempool. Lauda is spot on regarding the heavy spam attack on the network. It's utterly annoying that an entity gains so much pleasure out of choking the network with rubbish transactions. Look at the generated block fees today http://blockr.io/block/list/ it's party time for pools.
Memento

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 10:38:09 PM

69K unconfirmed transactions is nothing special anymore. There are nodes that have had over 100K of unconfirmed transactions in their mempool. Lauda is spot on regarding the heavy spam attack on the network. It's utterly annoying that an entity gains so much pleasure out of choking the network with rubbish transactions. Look at the generated block fees today http://blockr.io/block/list/ it's party time for pools.

I guess best choice run to Dash.
Arcteryx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

EtherSphere - Social Games

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 10:42:58 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2017, 12:18:29 AM by Arcteryx

Like ZCASH did with their short lived coin?
What ever did happen to that is it dead buried yet? Huh
I remember when it was all the rave with the kids from Arizona. Cheesy

........EtherSphere........
.....ICO Starts on 5th August, 4:00 PM UTC.....
.......High ROI Social Ethereum Games
........BENEFITS WHITEPAPER ANN THREAD GITHUB REDDIT TWITTER........

░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████████▀░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▄█████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▀███████████████████▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████████████████▄░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▀░░░
░░░░░░░▄█████████████████▀▀░░░░░
░░░░░▄████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░......................
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  All
  Print  

Jump to: