Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:20:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anacs Grading Service Request  (Read 639 times)
AT101ET (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 11:26:56 PM

Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone in the US would be willing to accept some coins on my behalf, ship them to ANACS and then ship them back to me (in the U.K.) once they've been graded.
I've never personally sent coins to ANACS so would prefer to use someone who has experience with them.
If you can help please send me a PM.

Thanks
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lesbian Cow
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1752

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 11:39:30 PM

I imagine blazed would be a good source for what you need.

To err is human, to moo is bovine

https://www.instagram.com/lesbiancow212/
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2017, 12:16:16 AM

I live near the ANACS facility, I could probably drop off and pick up the coins directly, saves you some shipping costs.

PM sent.
klaaas

Activity: 1568
Merit: 544

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 08:18:57 AM

MinerJones can help you out

Shopping online and sats back as a discount! (satsback) + LightningNetwork
FFrankie

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 09:53:52 AM

I imagine blazed would be a good source for what you need.

I have used blazed before to do this and it's currently going well, lol. I think I should have my coins back in 2/3 weeks
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2017, 03:18:26 PM

I can handle it for you if you still need...just send me a PM.
buckrogers
Legendary

Activity: 2728
Merit: 1181

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 03:22:59 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2017, 04:22:31 PM by buckrogers

Yes, I would agree that Blazed is most probably the best option.

thanks!

Well I'm dr. spock I'm here to rock y'all
HabBear

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2017, 04:07:54 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2017, 04:19:30 PM by HabBear

Actually, using ANACS for shipping and insurance is a risky move. ANACS will only insure each physical crypto-coin up to $100 (~82 GBP), this is less than the current face value of any Casascius coin! Let alone the numismatic value.

It's a safer move for AT101ET (or anyone) to use an intermediary for shipping if they can. In my case I can likely drop off and pick up the shipment from ANACS directly, so the shipping to/from me would be able to be fully insured at the face and numismatic value of all coins.

To AT101ET, it's knowledge like this that I believe you're looking for, keep that in mind as you make your decision!

I think most people prefer the direct shipping, as people send the coins with insurance and most of us send registered mail.
So while this is a nice offer, I would imagine you would not want to be responsible if something happened while you are transferring the coins to and from ANACS.

MJ, the OP specifically asked for an intermediary for shipping.

Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone in the US would be willing to accept some coins on my behalf, ship them to ANACS and then ship them back to me (in the U.K.) once they've been graded.
Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1176

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 06:20:54 PM

It's a safer move for AT101ET (or anyone) to use an intermediary for shipping if they can. In my case I can likely drop off and pick up the shipment from ANACS directly, so the shipping to/from me would be able to be fully insured at the face and numismatic value of all coins.

I'm just curious, but you have no trading history here, why do you think anyone would use you as an escrow for Casascius deals, potentially worth thousands of dollars? Especially when bitcointalk accounts are sold here regularly and there are plenty of very long term users to go with instead

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 06:41:25 PM

I'm just curious, but you have no trading history here, why do you think anyone would use you as an escrow for Casascius deals, potentially worth thousands of dollars? Especially when bitcointalk accounts are sold here regularly and there are plenty of very long term users to go with instead

Right, and this also makes little to no sense - habbear - are you going to pay for the extra insurance on all the postage to and from you for "Full value"? You clearly have no idea of what you are even offering, so my suggestion is to start over in Digital goods and start by escrowing some Amazon GC's or something. You seem to be casually inserting yourself into very high value trades and offering to act as escrow, which in my opinion, looks like you are desperate for any kind of trust here - IOTW, You may very well be well intentioned, but you are doing it wrong.   Roll Eyes

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
HabBear

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2017, 07:03:17 PM

You guys are hijacking AT101ET's thread with these comments.

Since I'm being called out, I'll defend myself, but only to the point that it benefits AT101ET's decision making.

• I can personally hand deliver your coins to the Post Office where ANACS post office box is located

• I've already offered advice on how the parcel of coins can be best protected, insured for the long transit between the UK to the US and back - settling for the ANACS $100 insurance per physical crypto coin is unnecessarily risky

• I can beat any other Escrow provider's value for price - I've already provided advice in how to approach this, pro bono, which demonstrates that I also care to ensure that the grading process best suits your interests (regardless of whether I'm the one handling the transaction)

• Should you want to discuss further, the details of the arrangement (i.e., timing, payment, insurance, completion of submission form, ANACS additional services desired, proper packing for submission, and other logistics) are not to be discussed openly

For the rest of you, there's nothing casual about my offer to provide escrow services. It's a serious offer for people with serious needs. The editorial comments are just wasting people's time, they aren't constructive.

I'm just curious, but you have no trading history here, why do you think anyone would use you as an escrow for Casascius deals, potentially worth thousands of dollars?

Right, and this also makes little to no sense - habbear - are you going to pay for the extra insurance on all the postage to and from you for "Full value"? You clearly have no idea of what you are even offering, so my suggestion is to start over in Digital goods and start by escrowing some Amazon GC's or something. You seem to be casually inserting yourself into very high value trades and offering to act as escrow, which in my opinion, looks like you are desperate for any kind of trust here - IOTW, You may very well be well intentioned, but you are doing it wrong.   Roll Eyes
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2017, 07:05:09 PM

^^^^^^^^^

no question.

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
FFrankie

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 07:06:29 PM

You guys are hijacking AT101ET's thread with these comments.

Since I'm being called out, I'll defend myself, but only to the point that it benefits AT101ET's decision making.

• I can personally hand deliver your coins to the Post Office where ANACS post office box is located
  • I've already offered advice on how the parcel of coins can be best protected, insure for the long transit between the middle of the US to the UK and back - settling for the ANACS $100 insurance per physical crypto coin is unnecessarily risky
  • I can beat any other Escrow provider's value for price - I've already provided advice in how to approach this, pro bono, which demonstrates that I also care to ensure that the grading process best suits your interests (regardless of whether I'm the one handling the transaction)
  • Should you want to discuss further, the details of the arrangement (i.e., timing, payment, insurance, completion of submission form, ANACS additional services desired, proper packing for submission, and other logistics) are not to be discussed openly

For the rest of you, there's nothing casual about my offer to provide escrow services. It's a serious offer for people with serious needs. The editorial comments are just wasting people's time, they aren't constructive.

I'm just curious, but you have no trading history here, why do you think anyone would use you as an escrow for Casascius deals, potentially worth thousands of dollars?

Right, and this also makes little to no sense - habbear - are you going to pay for the extra insurance on all the postage to and from you for "Full value"? You clearly have no idea of what you are even offering, so my suggestion is to start over in Digital goods and start by escrowing some Amazon GC's or something. You seem to be casually inserting yourself into very high value trades and offering to act as escrow, which in my opinion, looks like you are desperate for any kind of trust here - IOTW, You may very well be well intentioned, but you are doing it wrong.   Roll Eyes

I'll use you as escrow if you are willing to send the coins value in btc to a trusted escrow such as minerjones or blazed and then I would send you the coin
AT101ET (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 10:55:18 AM

Wow. I didn't expect this thread to blow up like this.
Thank you for all the offers. I think I've made my mind up so will be sending a PM or two shortly.
Thanks for the help. Locking the thread now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: