Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 02:23:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Making automated trading decisions based on websocket feed  (Read 449 times)
Dirk83 (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:10:02 PM

It seems like the websocket API feed is only listening to a feed and the only outgoing messages that can be send are subscribe or unsubscribe to a channel.

I would like to create a system that is able to have a program act on the information that is coming through the websocket feed, in other words, being able to enter, update and cancel orders based on an algorithm that uses the info from the websocket feed.

Any hints on how to make this possible?
Dirk83 (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:13:04 PM

To rephrase I kind of a need a programming environment that is able to communicate with the streaming and HTTP API both at the same time (or quickly in succession).
Ban Curtain

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 10:32:53 PM

Im looking for the same thing. have you found anything?
I need observer who fetces realtime data, pushes it into my database. Also it should preprocess data and create candles for couple timeframes
Id like to find python implementation...
Dirk83 (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 05:46:25 AM

No, not yet, maybe you can make it work with this: http://socketo.me/
phortran

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 07:19:26 AM

I've done quite a bit with node.js and socket.io.  This would be pretty simple to implement (the core functionality at least).  You would send trade requests via normal HTTP, see https://github.com/mikeal/request .
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: