Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:02:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 20 yo student wanting to invest (need advice)  (Read 1134 times)
envaluecrypto (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 08:01:09 AM

So, I wanted to post here because I need help from senior people. I want to invest into a mining rig. Electricity is not a factor. I thought about getting a loan for 1000 euros, which should be enough to get me a 5xRX470 rig. I just need some advice from you people here because where I live, a 1000e is pretty much a nig deal for a 20yo student. Any advice would be greatly welcome.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 08:17:04 AM

So, I wanted to post here because I need help from senior people. I want to invest into a mining rig. Electricity is not a factor. I thought about getting a loan for 1000 euros, which should be enough to get me a 5xRX470 rig. I just need some advice from you people here because where I live, a 1000e is pretty much a nig deal for a 20yo student. Any advice would be greatly welcome.

Since electricity is not a factor buy used 7950/7970 instead and mine ZEC or XMR.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Zistmine

Activity: 234

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 08:26:29 AM

Since electricity is not a factor buy used 7950/7970 instead and mine ZEC or XMR.

Those cards are only around $80 now. You can have ROI very fast.
envaluecrypto (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 08:58:29 AM

Can you give me the exact model - I don't know if any of those are available in my country. Thanks for the help Smiley
Golku

Activity: 263
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 02:49:25 PM

Can you give me the exact model - I don't know if any of those are available in my country. Thanks for the help Smiley

Well there isn't any exact model. you can get a AMD Radeon HD7970 or AMD 280X
they are basically the same just a reband.
They are cheap they also mine great downside is that they are power hungry but that wouldn't be a problem because electricity isn't a factor
envaluecrypto (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 03:15:50 PM

Thanks for the reply. Will do the math once i get time. Thank you all for giving me pointers.
kell234

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 09:13:35 PM

Bitcoin in long or mining rig 6x 470 4gb.
meeow

Activity: 72
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 12:48:38 AM

Would recommend reference cards, the shit sleeve bearing fans on AIB cards weren't made to last and Tahiti cards are old by now. 
If you want to get 470s, MSI Gaming, Sapphire Platinum (reference) and Visiontek (reference) are good for mining, they have high quality fans that won't fail.
Try to avoid hynix ram, it overclocks the worst.
RentGPU

Activity: 661
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 01:25:57 AM

Free electricity if legal then go for it , if you have illegal free electricity then don't , here is my point if you think your 6xgpu rig will not draw that amount of wattage then you are wrong mining eats alot of electricity and it will be visiable special for the power hungry gpus .

So as i said legal free electricity then GO
Illegal free electricity don't go for it.

2016 GPU Miner
envaluecrypto (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 09:24:38 AM

Free electricity if legal then go for it , if you have illegal free electricity then don't , here is my point if you think your 6xgpu rig will not draw that amount of wattage then you are wrong mining eats alot of electricity and it will be visiable special for the power hungry gpus .

I already deployed two 5xRX470 rigs on H81 PRO BTC R2.
I know power consumption and as I've said it's not a factor. Just looking for other peoples' opinion on what hardware to get, as it is a big risk to get a loan just for 1000e for someone my age.
envaluecrypto (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 09:28:44 AM

Would recommend reference cards, the shit sleeve bearing fans on AIB cards weren't made to last and Tahiti cards are old by now. 
If you want to get 470s, MSI Gaming, Sapphire Platinum (reference) and Visiontek (reference) are good for mining, they have high quality fans that won't fail.
Try to avoid hynix ram, it overclocks the worst.

Current RX 470 rigs are al Hynix, and I've seen how hard it is to OC. I just wanted to ask others what would they do if they were in a position like me.
Start small by getting used pc components and adding some 280x's or go for a bank loan and get a decent mining rig.
Hatat

Activity: 57

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 10:03:01 AM

I know power consumption and as I've said it's not a factor. Just looking for other peoples' opinion on what hardware to get, as it is a big risk to get a loan just for 1000e for someone my age.

You may try 4x7990 on one rig. That will be faster than the 5x470.
envaluecrypto (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 11:42:17 AM

Those are rare used in my region, and seem expensive...
YIz

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 11:44:04 AM

7990s shouldn't be expensive atm, they are simply dual Tahitis on one board (280X/7970). You can probably find cheap 7970s online.
Hatat

Activity: 57

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 04:23:39 PM

7990s shouldn't be expensive atm, they are simply dual Tahitis on one board (280X/7970). You can probably find cheap 7970s online.

The cost of the 7990 is less than $200 at the moment. The hash rate is more than double of RX 480 in ZEC.
Zistmine

Activity: 234

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 06:06:38 AM

The cost of the 7990 is less than $200 at the moment. The hash rate is more than double of RX 480 in ZEC.

However, it consumes more energy than 480.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: