Print  
Author Topic: Refund  (Read 370 times)
Flyvver (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 08:16:17 AM

Hi All,

A vendor wants to refund me two amounts. He has sent me two private keys but how do I handle this in Electrum? I can't find it anywhere in the manual.

Thanks,

F.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4919

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2017, 08:23:32 AM

Hi All,

A vendor wants to refund me two amounts. He has sent me two private keys but how do I handle this in Electrum? I can't find it anywhere in the manual.

Thanks,

F.

Strange,
Usually, a vendor asks for your address to issue a refund.

If it was really a private key, you can swipe it in electrum.
Using electrum 2.7.18 go to wallet => private keys => sweep

But once again, i find this kind of refund rather strange... That being said, i don't think you can do harm by using this procedure. If the vendor didn't send real private keys, you should probably just get an error, and that's it...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 08:28:13 AM

Hi All,

Thanks,

F.

Strange,

But once again, i find this kind of refund rather strange... That being said, i don't think you can do harm by using this procedure. If the vendor didn't send real private keys, you should probably just get an error, and that's it...

That indeed is is a strange way of refunding someone.

TS, make sure after doing the steps mentioned that you move the coins to a new address that you own yourself. Otherwise, the vendor can swoop in at any point to take the coins back.
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 12:28:26 PM

Hi All,

Thanks,

F.

Strange,

That indeed is is a strange way of refunding someone.

TS, make sure after doing the steps mentioned that you move the coins to a new address that you own yourself. Otherwise, the vendor can swoop in at any point to take the coins back.

he doesn't have to do anything else after sweeping because by sweeping the private keys he is moving the funds to an address only he controls. that is what sweeping means.
Coin-Keeper

Activity: 758
Merit: 606

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 08:55:05 PM

Hi All,

Thanks,

F.

I have never heard of such a refund process.  Business would suffer by treating clients in such a way.  A refund is a refund, by why do something like that to a client if you want them to come back?

BTC: 1PYSBbuKM3kW19xe9TXJQfq64rPhd8XorF
Staked and Verified: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=996318.msg17102755#msg17102755
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 04:10:19 AM

Yeah, definitely make sure that you only Sweep and do NOT import the addresses. If you end up importing the addresses and accidentally putting other coins on those addresses, they would be at risk. Sweeping is the secure way to redeem those coins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: