Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:35:57 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Requests for My Future Courses  (Read 1020 times)
charleshoskinson (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 04:22:05 PM

Hi all. I've just finished my newbie Bitcoin course on Udemy and I'll be beta testing it for some time. This class is the first in a series of four courses:
https://www.udemy.com/bitcoin-or-how-i-learned-to-stop-worrying-and-love-crypto/
  • Bitcoin for Beginners
  • The Complete Bitcoin Miner's Guide
  • Bitcoin Speculation
  • Bitcoin for Computer Scientists

Under the topics of speculation, mining or the physical implementation of the Bitcoin, what have you always wanted to know? What is unclear or you think would be valuable to share to the general community as a whole?

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1464
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 05:55:02 PM

Clever idea. Good luck.

I'm still unclear how scripting works...perhaps the anatomy of a transaction in script would be helpful...

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
charleshoskinson (OP)
Legendary

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 06:08:01 PM

The Bitcoin is starting to enter the mainstream. We have a very small window to positively impact public opinion or else Colbert will do it for us:

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/425561/april-17-2013/bitcoin-plunge

And you are referencing this script I presume:

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Script

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all
ChristianK

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 08:14:01 PM

Under spectulation I would welcome a model for the "real" worth of bitcoin.
How do you price the various risks?
charleshoskinson (OP)
Legendary

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 08:30:00 PM

Under spectulation I would welcome a model for the "real" worth of bitcoin.
How do you price the various risks?

Risk is generally modeled and traded using options. The issue is that Bitcoin isn't compatible with regular forex models and risks associated with currency are not well understood. We would need to invent risk metrics, which will be done as financial institutions start developing options for the Bitcoin.

bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1464
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 12:36:55 AM

The Bitcoin is starting to enter the mainstream. We have a very small window to positively impact public opinion or else Colbert will do it for us:

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/425561/april-17-2013/bitcoin-plunge

And you are referencing this script I presume:

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Script
Bingo. It's kinda the most important part...and I don't understand why so many "words" (commands) are needed...

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
mokimarket

Activity: 422
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 01:01:56 PM

I'd be interested in a course with a bit more math. One similar to the cryptology course on coursera but focusing on bitcoin. By the end of the course I would want to be able to code my own coin.
BIGMERVE

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 01:23:02 PM

Under the speculation try explaining how to read most of the charts and how market forces affect the charts.

charleshoskinson (OP)
Legendary

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 07:12:41 PM

Definitely. I might partner with a friend of mine who is a forex trader to develop my speculation course

charleshoskinson (OP)
Legendary

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 07:26:31 PM

I teach university-level Finance, and I am planning to build a standard online course in Entrepreneurship that focuses on Bitcoin, Crowdfunding, and Cryptography for non-techies.  These look like they might fit in well with what I am doing.

Send me a PM. Let's talk.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: