Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:55:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Arbitrage on Bitmex  (Read 1041 times)
zaico (OP)

Activity: 83
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 04:37:49 PM

I've been reading an article about arbitrage in Bitmex with Buy Spot vs. Sell Futures. The mechanics are very simple:
Find a basis between spot and future.
Buy X amount of btc on exchange.
Sell the amount of X + the basis.
At settlement date you win the basis whatever happens. (plus your initial balance).

If been doing some numbers and I don't see the arbitrage. If the price goes up you lose everything (you got margin called).
Am I missing something. Thanks!

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitmagic45

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 05:12:40 PM

Arbitrage trading should be profitable due to the difference in price between the exchanges. The basic principle is to buy BTC at one Exchange for a certain price (1200) and transfer to another exchange where BTC is worth more (1250). Once your bitcoin are at the 2nd exchange one transfers to USD and you should be able make the difference. Two problems. One needs high volume to make a good profit and one needs to be quick from 1st step to last. It is not as easy as it sounds.
techjcv

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 12:55:47 AM

Arbitration is essentially buying in one market and simultaneously selling elsewhere, benefit from temporary differences. To apply arbitrage in crypto currency trading, the cost and speed of transactions must be taken into consideration because the market price is always changing.
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1160

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 03:38:52 AM

If been doing some numbers and I don't see the arbitrage. If the price goes up you lose everything (you got margin called).
Am I missing something.
When you are not sure about how the F&O works and how to arbitrate within them, it is highly recommended to stay away. Right now Indian bitcoin markets are ahead of $200 than rest of markets (check here). If you can make use of it, you can earn decently with this arbitrate trading opportunity.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 03:52:17 AM

Arbitration is essentially buying in one market and simultaneously selling elsewhere, benefit from temporary differences. To apply arbitrage in crypto currency trading, the cost and speed of transactions must be taken into consideration because the market price is always changing.
Yea I agree with arbitrage is not one markets only I don't agree with OP, arbitrage on bitmex only although it gives profit that is trading like other trading on markets, talking about arbitrage there is service that gives recomendation about different price between markets, the minimal capital be used for getting profit, we can check on here https://beta.krip.to/ unfortunately this service is still under maintenance. Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: