Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:08:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CardsForBitcoins.com - Instantly Exchange Bitcoins for Amazon Giftcards  (Read 4418 times)
xane (OP)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:42:32 PM

Hello all,

Just launched a new site http://cardsforbitcoins.com/ that allows you to purchase Amazon gift cards with Bitcoins. As a software engineer and Bitcoin miner, this has long been a service that I've wanted to provide for the Bitcoin community. I would appreciate any constructive feedback.

The basic idea is you select a gift card amount you want and the payment processor evaluates how many Bitcoins that would cost based on the current trading conditions. You send the Bitcoins to a specified address and as soon as it is verified on the network, you receive an email with an Amazon claim code. The entire process is automated and electronic. The site integrates the MtGox Merchant APIs.

The primary goal is to give people a way to easy convert their Bitcoins into another currency equivalent without having to set up bank accounts, exchange accounts, wire funds, and so on. It is also completely anonymous, requiring only your email address for the delivery of the Amazon gift card claim code.

For now, only Amazon US is supported and only $US25 denominations. More countries and denominations will be available over the next few weeks and months.

Cheers,

Jeff Mixon
http://cardsforbitcoins.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dance4x

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:52:58 PM

Perhaps I am missing it, but there does not seem to be a spot where the price of the gift card in bitcoin is mentioned. If it is after the section where you enter your email address, then that probably needs to be changed.
xane (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:57:57 PM

Good point. It probably be better to have that visibility up front.
xane (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 03:56:11 PM

Perhaps I am missing it, but there does not seem to be a spot where the price of the gift card in bitcoin is mentioned. If it is after the section where you enter your email address, then that probably needs to be changed.

Added a real-time quote on the order page. Now you can see the estimated price in BTC before having to enter an email address. Thanks for the feedback.

Jeff
Eluc

Activity: 21

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 11:09:02 AM

Great services, I was looking for something like that. But unfortunately I'm not in US, would you plan to add other country declination of amazon gift card (UK, France, Germany, Japan,...) ?
Maybe even other web shops ? Top Up for phone card ?

A strong and secure website like that that propose many redeem code for many websites and services with automated process would definitely be a big success.
xane (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:36:18 PM

Great services, I was looking for something like that. But unfortunately I'm not in US, would you plan to add other country declination of amazon gift card (UK, France, Germany, Japan,...) ?

A strong and secure website like that that propose many redeem code for many websites and services with automated process would definitely be a big success.

Definitely looking in to other Amazon countries and other types of gift cards in general. In order to allow for instant delivery, however, all the gift cards have to be purchased up front which can get a bit pricey Wink. Eventually, however, I agree it would be ideal to have a large selection.

Would certainly be great to get more feedback as to the countries and sites people would be most interested in.

Cheers,
dsky

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:41:25 PM

I would buy Amazon Germany Vouchers.
Eluc

Activity: 21

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 09:18:01 PM

Definitely looking in to other Amazon countries and other types of gift cards in general. In order to allow for instant delivery, however, all the gift cards have to be purchased up front which can get a bit pricey Wink. Eventually, however, I agree it would be ideal to have a large selection.

Would certainly be great to get more feedback as to the countries and sites people would be most interested in.

Cheers,

I was wonder but you just replay before I asked, so you have to buy the gift card in advance... couldn't you do a script that order an email gift card on request ? Si you can delivery within minutes without pre-paying a bunch of gift card in advance. Of course in this case you're website security has to be very strong because you don't want an hack to use the script to order a lot of gift card with your amazon account (credit card), and you should set some limits according to your credit card limit. This is not viable in case of big success of the services (unless you have a black visa unlimited Wink
Other solution I thought of is a mix of both. You pre-purchase an amount of voucher in advance and then re-order this amount every time the stock is less than 10 or 20%. And you can adapt the amount according to the demand of each type of voucher.

I ask myself this kind of questions because I thought about a similar website for phone card (credit refill) for my country and maybe other vouchers, but I don't have enough knowledge to build and manage a website like this with the required level of security. I'm discussing the concept with colleagues and friends that are software engineers (I'm an electrical engineer ... not very useful for that project even if I have most of the software and webmaster basis for classic website and programs without high level of security).
gsupp

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:29:29 PM

Has anyone personally used this site and can share their experience? I've been using Gyft but I'd rather support a smaller outfit. Thanks.
jourcards

Activity: 3

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 11:34:26 AM

Well jour-cards is offering to exchange amazon gift cards to bitcoins with reliable prices
thorgal

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 08:27:33 PM

I got mines from RewardsPay which works with coinbase so it was convenient with my wallet there: https://www.rewardspay.com/offers/amazon
They just asked for an email address to get the codes and I received them pretty much immediately.
rinzi

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 06:22:38 PM

Well jour-cards is offering to exchange amazon gift cards to bitcoins with reliable prices

jour-cards.com is scam site really 100%
xane (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 11:21:33 AM

Just revived this site at the behest of some very loyal customers Wink. It features a completely rewritten backend that should be even faster, as well as Coinbase integration for instant-confirmation purchases.

https://cardsforbitcoins.com/

Amazon US $25 is up now. I am working on other Amazon card integrations (UK, DE, etc.) now as well as more denominations.

Cheers
Outlander
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 03:01:54 PM

Great! Why not add the feature of selling gift card for Bitcoin? Then you could compete with purse.io!

xane (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 09:58:43 PM

Great! Why not add the feature of selling gift card for Bitcoin? Then you could compete with purse.io!

Amazon GC buyback definitely could be an option in the future... but Purse is a pretty complex markplace. C4B is much more simple and straightforward... just send the coins and get the Amazon code. Smiley
xane (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 04:53:07 PM

Just implemented a completely internal checkout process to avoid using a processor like Coinbase who may track users. Even more privacy now! Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: