Bitcoin Forum
October 04, 2024, 07:19:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: good pool fr 3Mh/s ?  (Read 1506 times)
coinerd (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 08:32:21 PM

Takes about a month to get 1BTC at ~600MH/s.  With your 3MH/s it'd take 16 years.  16 years of mining to make £50.   Roll Eyes

As I was saying....

Thanks.  I see you're trying to be helpful, unlike Vladimir who's straight trolling.

Sorry. I'll try to be more helpful. https://www.google.com/search?q=bitcoin+mining+calculator

Way to beat a dead horse. Read before you post. Like the post where I explicitly stated that I know how to google a mining calculator?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=forum+troll

Twerka (and vladimir apparently), there are other motivations besides financial.  For me this is educational, and interesting. As a hobbyist programmer I may end up writing some tools or useful (or maybe useless who knows) software for interacting with these cryptocurrencies.  In any case I'm advancing my understanding of the system by participating in it.

If I actually get to writing any software I'll probably end up spending that power to hash testnet anyways. I'm sure the fact that there's a testnet where people hash for NO MONEY AT ALL is something that confuses vladimir to no end.

As I mentioned in a previous post, it's better to recover some of your expenses than none of them, don't you think? I think so.  Why not hash to a live pool now and then while I'm learning?

I'm surprised that discussing it seems to generate animosity.

rikii

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 08:37:59 PM

I think its too easily assumed by most that everyone's interest in bitcoin must be financial gain.
Wampa_Jabba

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 09:08:10 PM

Funny, isn't it.   Perhaps it may also be...

Mine is bigger than yours...

So why would you bother.

Funny how the Jocks in high school were always putting down those they thought were below them, and had no chance of getting a girl...  Yet they are today the ones on welfare...

Perhaps these bitcoin jocks, who scoff at anyone who doesn't seem to have the acceptable hardware will one day be asking coinerd for a job after he creates the killer bitcoin app!

Remember during the gold rush, it wasn't the miners who made the money, it was the suppliers of spades, jeans and dynamite...
Twerka

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 09:12:20 PM

I can understand exactly why anyone would want to mine even at 3Mh/s!

Exploration, a sense of wonder,  the joy that comes from setting something up and it works.

Not everyone must be financially motivated to explore.

It's not the Destination, it's the Journey!

Cheesy
Yeah, I can understand that, and I think it's good. He is already mining, but now he wants a new pool to get better hasrates or more coins, then, that is no more "curiosity" it's greed. And 3mh is not enough.

The advice we are giving is because a peson who is new may think he can make money mining with a very low hasrate, it's not true. We try to help you to understand that is not worth the effort, the time spended reading how to configure the machine, the software, the pool, etc; and the electricity you are using.

If you understood all of this and you still think that you want to explore, knowing you are losing resources instead of getting it, and knowing that the satisfaction will be on the exploration and not in the amount fo coins or money, then it's perfectly reasonable.

The worst enemy of Bitcoin is Mt.Gox exchange.
Wampa_Jabba

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 09:19:27 PM

I can understand exactly why anyone would want to mine even at 3Mh/s!

Exploration, a sense of wonder,  the joy that comes from setting something up and it works.

Not everyone must be financially motivated to explore.

It's not the Destination, it's the Journey!

Cheesy
Yeah, I can understand that, and I think it's good. He is already mining, but now he wants a new pool to get better hasrates or more coins, then, that is no more "curiosity" it's greed. And 3mh is not enough.

The advice we are giving is because a peson who is new may think he can make money mining with a very low hasrate, it's not true. We try to help you to understand that is not worth the effort, the time spended reading how to configure the machine, the software, the pool, etc; and the electricity you are using.

If you understood all of this and you still think that you want to explore, knowing you are losing resources instead of getting it, and knowing that the satisfaction will be on the exploration and not in the amount fo coins or money, then it's perfectly reasonable.

I get your point.

At 3Mh/s no-one is going to retire.
saneczki

Activity: 57

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 09:24:48 PM

Its waste of energy better buy gpu, fpa, asic. GL
katie1348

Activity: 37

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 09:37:39 PM

50btc.com offer a PPS and have a minimum for extracting the BTC from the pool.

If memory serves, it is 0.01 as a minimum.

I hope this helps and answers your question directly.

Good luck and enjoy.

Wink
phluxx

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 09:45:12 PM

If you want to mine for fun, solo mine and hope you hit the lottery.  What's the point of PPS if it isn't "for the money".  Why look for steady payouts?
Wampa_Jabba

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 09:48:40 PM

If you want to mine for fun, solo mine and hope you hit the lottery.  What's the point of PPS if it isn't "for the money".  Why look for steady payouts?

To understand how it works... Grin
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: