Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 04:19:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Made a HUGEEE investment in *insert coin name here*  (Read 309 times)
BitWhale (OP)

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 09:12:38 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2017, 09:29:26 PM by BitWhale

Is anyone else tired of seeing these threads? It's fairly obvious to me that a group of bad actors is currently creating noob accounts for the soul purpose of posting threads about how much Dash they've bought and how much profit they are going to make... first Darkcoin, then Ethereum, then Monero, then Dash, I'm sure i'm missing many more insignificant shit coins.

Threads like this add no value because not much "discussion" is actually going on in these threads, it's just a blatant "I wrote this not to hear your opinion, but to let you know/brag that I bought x amount of coins and have now made x amount of profit".

Why not make a rule where if you post about a coin you should at least have a reason for the threads existence in the first place... beyond trying to manipulate public opinion in one direction or the other.

This also would inevitably include the following:

RIP *insert coin name here* it's 100% over this time
Guys, *insert coin name here* is headed to the moon, it's official
Looks like the *insert coin name here* party is over.
It's official, today I sold all of my *insert coin name here* and have now bought *insert name here* Thanks *insert rando developers name*

etc etc etc

if you got a question ask it, but let's be less manipulative/dramatic about it :p Let's make it a lil harder for the bad actors to get everyone's attention eh?

Easy solution = make threads like this only allowed in the speculation section, because at the end of the day that's really all it is, someone supposedly speculating on the price rising.

The soul intention of posting threads like what is written above is to make others think they are about to "miss the boat" when in reality they missed the boat months ago...

That's all. Have a nice night ladies.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 01:14:55 AM

the alt space is filled with hyperactive kids with no experience who are overwhelmed with greed and unrealistic expectations. what did you expect?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: