Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:42:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone on Bitfinex get an email from CLEF? Scam maybe?  (Read 424 times)
Sn350 (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 10:38:47 PM

I just recently signed up with Bitfinex and transferred all my bitcoins on there.

I started using Clef as a mean to sign in, because it seemed like an easy/secure way to sign in via my smartphone.

Today, I was sitting in class and received an suspicious email from Clef stating to terminate my Clef account due to it being shut down soon. The email came with a few links which I did not click on and I messaged Bitfinex regarding this issue.

Haven't heard back from Bitfinex yet, so I wanted to reach out to other users on Bitfinex if they had received such email.

Here is the email I received:

**I did not modify this email this is exactly how it was typed verbatimly.**
Hi Name,

I'm writing to inform you that starting today, we'll be sunsetting the Clef product with a final shutdown date of 6/6 (official blog post here). Everything will remain fully functional and maintained until that date, at which point the mobile apps will cease functioning and be removed from the Google Play and Apple App stores.

As a current Clef user, we recommend that you begin transitioning away from Clef as your preferred login method as soon as possible. We've written a guide to transition from using Clef to another form of two-factor authentication here. We've explored every option to keep the Clef product alive and are deeply sorry for any inconvenience this transition will cause.

If you have any questions or concerns, just reply to this email and we'll get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you for believing in the vision of a passwordless world.

Best,
Jesse
Chief Product Officer

Is this a possible scam or should I remove Clef from signing in to my Bitfinex account.

Thanks.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 03:47:11 AM

I am in the same situation and received the same email. If you google "clef" the first result is https://getclef.com/ which seems to confirm what was said in the email.

It looks like you will want to disable clef on your bitfinex account by the beginning of June. I suspect that bitfinex found out about this around the same time clef announced the sunsetting of their product as I have not seen any kind of communication from them regarding this.
Sn350 (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 11:28:20 PM

Yeah, so I just got the confirmation from Bitfinex regarding Clef. It looks legit. It's too bad.. I was starting to really like the camera point and shoot  log in system :/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: