Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:30:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Goldmoney has a bitcoin clause in its terms of service  (Read 274 times)
KenJackson (OP)

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 04:33:38 AM

You know about Goldmoney, right?  The savings account where your deposits are retained in gold?  Well, I don't understand the connection, but the terms of service (section 5. Security) has this clause:

c. Data: Private or sensitive data, such as your bitcoin private key, is stored encrypted on the server-side with encryption techniques. ...

To see it, go to the sign up page, click on the "terms of service" link (apparently a javascript thingy) and search (CTRL-F) for "bitcoin".

Huh
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 04:03:30 PM

I haven't joined Goldmoney. But it sounds to me like you can buy gold with Bitcoin. And, the way they let you use Bitcoin is by loading some bitcoins to a wallet in your Goldmoney account, and then using them to buy gold.

There are other words in the Terms that might not seem to make sense without some explanation from Goldmoney. For example, "Goldmoney does not have control of, or liability for, the products or services that are paid for with the Goldmoney Services," sounds like they might be out of control.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Nathan047

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 04:41:19 PM

I haven't joined Goldmoney. But it sounds to me like you can buy gold with Bitcoin. And, the way they let you use Bitcoin is by loading some bitcoins to a wallet in your Goldmoney account, and then using them to buy gold.

I use goldmoney, one of the ways to deposit into your account is to deposit bitcoin or other altcoins, although there are some restrictions in terms of what valts you can buy gold in with cryptocurrencies.

There are other words in the Terms that might not seem to make sense without some explanation from Goldmoney. For example, "Goldmoney does not have control of, or liability for, the products or services that are paid for with the Goldmoney Services," sounds like they might be out of control.
They are an international company, so perhaps they're trying to cover themselves from some random country's odd regulation.

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: