Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:36:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $500 bitcoin by mid-July  (Read 5115 times)
wobber (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 07:12:49 PM

56 days until then.

What kind of power, action or event would be needed for that?

- more European economic problems, Cyprus-like: Spain, Portugal, Greece.
- more mainstream news about bitcoin
- more big "investors"
- more options to buy with, exchanges, apps, games etc

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jaroslaw

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

supernode

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 07:14:40 PM

5$ bitcoin by mid-July

What we need ? shootdown mtgox and freezing all his accounts and bitcoins Smiley
Kazu

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 07:15:36 PM

5$ bitcoin by mid-July

What we need ? shootdown mtgox and freezing all his accounts and bitcoins Smiley

That would raise the price -.-

CoinLenders - Bitcoin Bank Script / Demo
1v.io/kazu - 15ccW7m6RxDFWEKc3P1NdwWpX1N1pU7gZ8
gizmoh
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 07:38:37 PM

5$ bitcoin by mid-July

With no more incoming fiat to pump the price, This will be the end of bitcoin speculation "lets make it to the sky to make tons of fiat money".

How Ripple Rips you: "The founders of Ripple Labs created 100 billion XRP at Ripple's inception. No more can be created according to the rules of the Ripple protocol. Of the 100 billion created, 20 billion XRP were retained by the creators, seeders, venture capital companies and other founders. The remaining 80 billion were given to Ripple Labs. Ripple Labs intends to distribute and sell 55 of that 80 billion XRP to users and strategic partners. Ripple Labs also had a giveaway of under 200 million XRP (0.002% of all XRP) via World Community Grid that was later discontinued.[29] Ripple Labs will retain the remaining 25 billion"
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 07:41:44 PM

56 days until then.

Nibiru hitting earth.
Kazu

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 07:43:07 PM

5$ bitcoin by mid-July

With no more incoming fiat to pump the price, This will be the end of bitcoin speculation "lets make it to the sky to make tons of fiat money".

How would there be no more incoming fiat to pump the price? The government would have essentially just killed the exchange that crashed the price 2 times now, removed a ton of supply of bitcoin, specifically those bitcoins that were about to be sold. So wtf? Other exchanges would just come if they didn't have to compete with the gigantic goxxian market depth.

CoinLenders - Bitcoin Bank Script / Demo
1v.io/kazu - 15ccW7m6RxDFWEKc3P1NdwWpX1N1pU7gZ8
Photonfrog

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 07:46:33 PM

If those who sold coins during the bubble popping episode were stimulated into buying their coins back we'd get quite a distance towards a 500 usd evaluation without any other particular event happening.

They will possibly be stimulated by a lack of additional crashes Tongue
wobber (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 07:59:48 PM

I remember in 2011 many said that bitcoin is doomed. As long as my friend Toby from US will still mine (he said he will do it just to his heat home and give me coins for a beer if price drops lower than parity) and as long as me and my other friend Mike will use BTC as whatever price to settle debt or pay each other, you can crash bitcoin hard, cause we will crawl.

Zaih

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 08:33:50 PM

Brave! Very brave
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 09:27:01 PM

56 days until then.

- more European economic problems, Cyprus-like: Spain, Portugal, Greece.
- more mainstream news about bitcoin
- more big "investors"
- more options to buy with, exchanges, apps, games etc

This reminds me of all the $500 Silver proclamations from way back in 2008. What, with silver's mass of industrial uses for which their is no alternative metal (except for gold), and the fact that available Silver has become rarer than available gold, it all sounded well n good in theory. Never quite got their though did it. Peaking at $50 in a parabolic rise mid 2011, and now sitting at around $23.

Seems that all the complexities of the real market place combined with the activities of those who seek to control the whole system, render the 1+1=2 'crusoe economics' totally futile as a means of predicting the future.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
wobber (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 10:24:14 PM

By the way, seems silver will go really down, maybe to 15$ an ounce... this year. Which might shake the stocks as well.

MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 10:31:16 PM

By the way, seems silver will go really down, maybe to 15$ an ounce... this year. Which might shake the stocks as well.

If there is any widespread deflationary event, then watch Bitcoin (99.5% speculative capital) crash and burn.

This is something that is so very obvious and with a high likelihood of occurring in the near future, yet nobody here seems to want to even consider the issue.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
BTC Books

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 10:35:01 PM

If there is any widespread deflationary event, then watch Bitcoin (99.5% speculative capital) crash and burn.

This is something that is so very obvious and with a high likelihood of occurring in the near future, yet nobody here seems to want to even consider the issue.

So you're saying that if a major, world-wide store of value (silver) crashes and burns; bitcoin - another, but appreciating, store of value - will plummet as well?

Interesting.

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 10:35:13 PM

There cannot be any deflation. The printing presses are running like never before.
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 10:35:48 PM

Brave call, I'm slightly concerned this bull move could be a dead cat bounce in which price may end up nearer $50 than $500
wobber (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 10:43:52 PM

Bitcoin at any lower than $5 will trigger the geeks to buy. Now it's more widespread than ever so it won't be like 2011. Any geek wants at least 2 coins

neilcoleman78

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 10:48:20 PM

What we need is to price to recover to a new all time high. That way we would be half way there, plus the media coverage about some bitcoin project that resurrected after 80% drop in xx days Cheesy
wobber (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 10:55:12 PM

What we need is to price to recover to a new all time high. That way we would be half way there, plus the media coverage about some bitcoin project that resurrected after 80% drop in xx days Cheesy

Exactly. I'd add, slowly, sanely recover. Then maybe rally to 500s

BubbleBoy

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 11:04:14 PM

A new bubble can happen now (next weeks) or after a few more years. Not in July.

Once the euphoria and the media frenzy dies off, there are no more dumb money entering the system, so a long term bear market will follow.

For self-sustained 500$ you really need massive visibility, greed and willful ignorance from many people; so something massive must happen now to reignite the bubble, or never.

████
              ▄▄████▄▄
          ▄▄████████████▄▄
       ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄
     ▄████▀▀            ▀▀████▄
   ▄████▀                  ▀████▄
  ▐███▀                      ▀███▌
 ▐███▀   ████▄  ████  ▄████   ▀███▌
 ████    █████▄ ████ ▄█████    ████
▐███▌    ██████▄████▄██████    ▐███▌
████     ██████████████████     ████
████     ████ ████████ ████     ████
████     ████  ██████  ████     ████
▐███▌    ████   ████   ████    ▐███▌
 ████    ████   ████   ████    ████
 ▐███▄   ████   ████   ████   ▄███▌
  ▐███▄                      ▄███▌
   ▀████▄                  ▄████▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
          ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀████▀▀
                ████
MIDEX
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ GET TOKENS ▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM                                # WEB ANN + Bounty <
with Licensed Exchange approved by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers           > Telegram Facebook Twitter Blog #
Xiaoma

Activity: 133

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 11:30:58 PM

Brave call, I'm slightly concerned this bull move could be a dead cat bounce in which price may end up nearer $50 than $500

I wish... LOL

then I would but back all the coins I sold and many more... Wink
I'm not going to buy anything over $100,  may end up losing lots of money.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: