Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 07:26:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning: Coinabul trying to defraud customers!  (Read 3481 times)
coincrunch (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 08:15:32 PM

Although the fact they had a DB error it's kinda their fault...

It is absolutely their fault!  They built a crappy infrastructure, their database got corrupted, and when they finally got back on their feet, the market crashed. 

Clearly, according to their TOS, the customers must be punished for that.

Scammer Tag please.
JohnGalt

Activity: 249
Merit: 114

Who is John Galt?

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 03:56:15 AM
Last edit: April 24, 2013, 04:14:49 AM by JohnGalt

And reading their ToS, it looks like we're all $#% out of luck too...  Although the fact they had a DB error it's kinda their fault...unless they are blaming bitcoin then they are not responsible for that either according to their ToS.

According to their Terms of Service:
If an order cannot be filled by Coinabul we will either: provide a substitute product of your choice of equivalent value, or provide a refund, minus any market loss incurred and at our discretion.

That's pretty bad. If they are going to lose money on a sale, they just refund you, but keep the amount of money they would have lost. Basically, it means they can steal your money.

Trade physical bitcoins: Economy > Marketplace > Goods > Collectibles
My signing address: 19mzFU4zFrZHkAkHSUta6LapJ6fTFJyhiH
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:00:13 AM

I've placed an order with them, and it's still showing as "pending"
it's been a while, no responses
gwar11d2

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 10:24:01 AM

Although the fact they had a DB error it's kinda their fault...

It is absolutely their fault!  They built a crappy infrastructure, their database got corrupted, and when they finally got back on their feet, the market crashed. 

Clearly, according to their TOS, the customers must be punished for that.

Scammer Tag please.

Everyone who got scammed make a thread in the scammers section if you want them tagged.

I think whoever got scammed (I'm counting maybe 6+ in the past week alone) should all get organized.  This could get ugly.  I sent another email to them again last night.  No response.  What do we do in this scenario?  With bitcoin, we can't just get it back.  State Attorney General's office complaint? FTC?  Business is supposedly incorporated in Wyoming, phone number is in Florida.  This guy could be in China for all I know. 
barbarousrelic

Activity: 675
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 10:38:10 AM

If an order cannot be filled by Coinabul we will either: provide a substitute product of your choice of equivalent value, or provide a refund, minus any market loss incurred and at our discretion.

That's some bullshit right there. I had a relatively smooth transaction with Coinabul but I'm never dealing with them again with that in the TOS.

Do not waste your time debating whether Bitcoin can work. It does work.

"Early adopters will profit" is not a sufficient condition to classify something as a pyramid or Ponzi scheme. If it was, Apple and Microsoft stock are Ponzi schemes.

There is no such thing as "market manipulation." There is only buying and selling.
San1ty

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 10:46:51 AM

That's some bullshit right there. I had a relatively smooth transaction with Coinabul but I'm never dealing with them again with that in the TOS.

Does a TOS have any legal ground? I think you can write whatever you want there, but when you purchase something you either get the product or you get a full refund. If you would sue them, you would win...

Found my posts helpful? Consider buying me a beer :-)!:
BTC - 1San1tyUGhfWRNPYBF4b6Vaurq5SjFYWk NXT - 17063113680221230777
btcfrog

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 11:02:24 AM

My answer to them is a resounding NO, it is not cool.  They charged me in BTC. I paid in BTC. They should honor their deal, case closed.  If you bet on a football game, and you lose, you do not get to modify the bet after the game is over.

It has nothing to do with this thread but:

If you bet on a football game it happens once in a while that they modify or cancel the bet afterwards because THEY set the wrong odds on it.
Or they invalidate it because your bet was too large, or if you had bets that was "on both sides" ... etc etc.

Read the betting sites TOS sometimes and you will be scared...

They also give themself the right to arbitrarily close the accounts of "unprofitable" customers. (not everyone does but many do).

I have had 5 accounts closed so far: (sportingbet, bwin, stanjames, eurobet and 1 more i do not remember the name of).

The reason was that was not profitable or that i was betting to much on "wongly set odds".
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: