Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:15:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which one will you used?  (Read 5017 times)
dihari

Activity: 910
Merit: 525

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 11:29:33 PM

there are a lot of us demand shop that accepting bitcoin as payment, but from this forum i found out that there are some people unwilling to spend their bitcoin, so I want to asked If you found a shop that accepted bitcoin and fiat as payment, which one will you used?

if you are using bitcoin then maybe today 1 apple is 0.0008 btc , but tomorrow with 0.0008 btc you can buy 2 apples, but if no one used bitcoin for shopping then there won't be any shop that will adopting bitcoin anymore

so what will be you choice?
That's why bitcoin will not replace dollar. Bitcoin will crypto currency with dollar as the comparator. So if you choose and accept bitcoin as payment in your business, the price is not specified by bitcoin, but it's specified by dollar and the convert to Bitcoin.
For example. I have a travel agency that accepting bitcoin as payment for my product. Let say for 3d2n tour package in Lombok customer have to pay $200 in bitcoin. If today 1btc worth to $1200 customer will pay in bitcoin about 0.17 btc. If 2 weeks later a customer book the same package when bitcoin worth to $2000, he will pay 0.1btc for this. I always get $200 in different amount of bitcoin.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 11:36:03 PM

there are a lot of us demand shop that accepting bitcoin as payment, but from this forum i found out that there are some people unwilling to spend their bitcoin, so I want to asked If you found a shop that accepted bitcoin and fiat as payment, which one will you used?

if you are using bitcoin then maybe today 1 apple is 0.0008 btc , but tomorrow with 0.0008 btc you can buy 2 apples, but if no one used bitcoin for shopping then there won't be any shop that will adopting bitcoin anymore

If I found a shop that accepts both bitcoin and fiat as a mode of payment, the medium I will use to pay depends on the accessibility of the shop. For example, I'm having to be in travel and the shop is near in my location, I will use fiat to buy there butif the shop is very far from me and I need to buy something and they are offering an online shopping, I will use bitcoin to buy. The factors that I will consider on which payment option to use are the accessibility and the convenience for me.
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 11:48:59 PM

It depends, if I have more Bitcoin than my fiat then I will use my Bitcoin. But if I have more fiat than my Bitcoin, then I'll use my fiat.

This goes the same way around. If I use Bitcoin to pay for 1 apple which is BTC0.0008 today and tomorrow I need more apple but with BTC0.0008 I can't afford to buy an apple anymore, then shouldn't I just spend all my Bitcoin to buy more apple from the first place?

faucet used to be profitable
stevano

Activity: 423
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 12:03:24 AM

usually if a payment using bitcoin the price of goods is always adjusting the exchange rate bitcoin, for example, the price of apples is now 1 kg is $ 10 then the value of rate bitcoin how so we paid $ 10 with bitcoin worth $ 10 that so even if the price of bitcoin up and down a fixed price only we pay nominal bitcoin its course is always adjusting her.
so I still prefer it because bitcoin easily and securely carry around
bravehearth0319

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 03:37:46 AM

For what is going on now in an online shop industry, there was a site who accepted bitcoin which is amazon.com and allexpress is also accepted bitcoin. And here in my country we had a merchant online accepted bitcoin travel tour.  Still this things will depend on the place or country.
barnes13

Activity: 1274
Merit: 521

7enius - Your Cryptocurrency Marketing Consultant

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2017, 04:16:56 AM

For now I still convert Bitcoin to my local currencies and buy what I need, why I do this because there's no much shop in my country accept Bitcoin as a payment and though there's goods they are sell is not goods for daily use.
sevendust777

Activity: 806
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2017, 04:52:55 AM

At first if there's a shop that accepts bitcoin here in my country, I will used both bitcoin and fiat as this are easy way As payment. Anyway here it goes for me its a case to case basis, If i have much more btc in my wallet Ill used it as payment. And, if easy for me to pay into fiat I will use it also as payment.

..BYBIT reddit.......                  █▀▀▄▄▄█▀█
            ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄  ▀▀▀
    ▄▄▄ ▄▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▄ ▄▄▄
  ▄▀  ▄▀    ▄▄      ▄▄    ▀▄  ▀▄
  ▀▄ █     ████    ████     █ ▄▀
    █       ▀▀      ▀▀       █
     █     ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀     █
▄▄▄▄  ▀▄                  ▄▀
█▄▄█▀▀████▀█▀▀██▀█▀█▀▀██▀█▀▀▀███▄
████ ▀▄██▀▄█ ▀ █▄▀ █ ▀ █ ██ █████
████ █ █ ███ ▀▄█▀▀▄█ ▀▄█ ██ █████
▀███████████████████████████
█▀▀█
           ▀▄        ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

SPOTS & DERIVATIVES
TRADING
24/7 CUSTOMER
SUPPORT

LAUNCHPAD /
LAUNCHPOOL
NFT
MARKETPLACE

▄█████████████▄
█████████████
█▄███████████
█████████████
████████████████▄
█████▀████▀ ▀ ▀████▄
██████████ ▀▀▀▄████
███████████ ███ ████
██████████▄ ▄ ▄████▀
█████████████████▀
█████████████
██████████▄██
▀█████████████▀

MOBILE APP
FOR IPHONE
& ANDROID
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
MOST RELIABLE
TRADING PLATFORM

GLOBAL // 2020
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄              █
▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▄▄          █
▄▀▀█▀▀▀▄▄ ▄ ▄▀▀▀    ▄▀ ▀ ▀  ▀▄▄ ▀▄        █
▀▄ ▐▌▄████████▄▄ ▄ ▄  ▄██▄█▄▀██▄█▄ █       █
▀▀████████████████▄█▄▄██▄▀███████▄█      █
▄▀████████▄▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▄▀██▀▄████     █
▄██▀▀    ▀▀▀▀███▄     ▐█ ▄▄█▀█████████▄   █
▄█▌              ▀██   █▄▀▀▀ ▐▄██▀▀▀ ▀▀▄▀  █
▀▀                      ▀▀    ▀            █

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 07:57:34 AM

so far I have always used bitcoin as payment option if the shop that I am visiting offers it and in some cases if the shop/service/merchant is not accepting bitcoin payment and I am a frequent buyer there, I have asked them to add bitcoin payment. for example Steamstore.

this is the mentality that needs to change.
if you have 0.0008BTC in total then obviously just hold that amount for the future to be able to buy 2 apples! but if you have 0.01BTC then spending 0.0008BTC is a good idea for multiple reasons.
first you are taking some profit from your investment, you shouldn't be just selling to fiat in order to make profit. you can do it like this too.
second you are helping the adoption. people keep saying there is nowhere to spend bitcoin but how many of you can say you asked a merchant to accept bitcoin?

Only Bitcoin
Maxsumi

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 09:44:08 AM
Last edit: September 11, 2017, 08:41:51 AM by Maxsumi

I would use the Bitcoin as a way to pay in shops. It is a great way to use The Bitcoin, and more people will join BTC, because you can now pay with it.

If this happens then more and more shops will do it because they don't want to be left behind by other stores.
hajimasan

Activity: 882

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 10:12:51 AM

I will surely pay through the Fiat only .
The reason to pay through the Fiat only is not only single .
Think here throughly that what will happen if the price of the Bitcoin sudden increase after hour of the payment .
Here Fiat payment remain constant and take less charge as an fee but in case of Bitcoin payment we will face more problem ,.if the price increase after payment then our mind will say to own again and again that why I made that payment .
secondly the shopkeeper will not direct trust on you for the direct payment and go away , he will wait for atleast one confirmation because the reverse in the payment of the Bitcoin is a common thing before the confirmation  .
So here we need to do something more changes and development then we can say that we will pay in Bitcoin definitely .
target
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1041

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 10:28:20 AM

For someone who constantly earn bitcoin from signature campaign, I may be considering to pay bitcoin for one apple than cashing out my bitcoin when all I want is just one apple.  Either way, Bitcoin will be spent whether online of offline. The moment its gets to the hand of someone eager to invest to some altcoins, it will be spend and will help the circulation of the money. But if I however have the money in my pocket, I'd rather be paying fiat paper for I don't need to scan QR code and reveal my address to some sellers.

audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 10:29:45 AM

Currently, I will still prefer to use Fiat whether that will be more expensive or not because that is the only choice I have now to get my apple because over here, we have no stores that accept btc around here. And I cannot because of that order for Apple from another country. But coming back few years from now to answer this question, I will be able to decide which one is more cost effective.
frendsento

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 10:40:14 AM

I guess its because of the nature of bitcoin when its come to price volatility , many businesses does not accept bitcoin as their alternative mode of payment in fear of being bankrupt when the price of bitcoin suddenly fall down ! imagine if you are the owner of a business and you just found out that the price of bitcoins suddenly turned its half of its original price , imagine how much loss will bring it to your business ?
paul gatt

Activity: 896

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 11:50:09 AM

I think the use of bitcoin for shopping is a good thing, and its value is a very normal matter, when we accept bitcoin, we accept it. We have to accept the risk, bitcoin price is always worrying, but that can be overcome. We are the buyers, we are less influenced than the merchants, and they own a larger amount of bitcoin, so the impact they bear is greater. I was so in wait for such a shop in my countryside
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 11:53:52 AM

For now I still convert Bitcoin to my local currencies and buy what I need, why I do this because there's no much shop in my country accept Bitcoin as a payment and though there's goods they are sell is not goods for daily use.

You are right in that point. The current condition of bitcoin nowadays displays bitcoin as a stock more than as a currency. There are only a few and selected place both offline and online that accepts bitcoin as a mode of payment but majority thinks of bitcoin as a stock. With this reality we have no choice but to trade our bitcoin to local cash so we can purchase the things that we need.
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 11:13:53 AM

On a second thought I think I will use both depending on the items each shop had to offer. Maybe I might be looking for items in the shop accepting Bitcoin and do I will prefer paying in Bitcoin instead of cash but I will have no option but to pay cash in the other shop since they don't accept Bitcoin at all if it happens that the items I need are in that shop.
naughty1

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 11:27:44 AM

As far as I know, there are already a number of places to develop such stores, and have a city of their own bitcoin. There, every transaction is paid by bitcoin, anyone owns the bitcoin for themselves. That's a great thing, everything is fast and convenient, a life of technology that we always dreamed of, think of the future, someday, as technology grows, it's like In science fiction films. It may not be a bitcoin, but it will be a similar, new and beautiful technology platform.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

target
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1041

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 11:37:09 AM

On a second thought I think I will use both depending on the items each shop had to offer. Maybe I might be looking for items in the shop accepting Bitcoin and do I will prefer paying in Bitcoin instead of cash but I will have no option but to pay cash in the other shop since they don't accept Bitcoin at all if it happens that the items I need are in that shop.

So you actually will buy an apple online?  Grin Kidding.

Its going to be a headache for an online store owner to only accept btc but accepting paypal too is a hell of chargeback issues. It will probably make sense to use a 3rd party for this to work for the preferences of bitcoin holders and paypal/payoneer users. Personally, I will only use bitcoin for investments, trading and gambling and nothing more.Buying using paypal however is an option for me.

carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 727

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 12:12:07 PM

You are right in that point. The current condition of bitcoin nowadays displays bitcoin as a stock more than as a currency. There are only a few and selected place both offline and online that accepts bitcoin as a mode of payment but majority thinks of bitcoin as a stock. With this reality we have no choice but to trade our bitcoin to local cash so we can purchase the things that we need.
This scenario would really be normal and i do believe most bitcoin holders are doing the same thing since there are no lots of stores that do accept bitcoin which we could able to spend directly our bitcoin to it. Same as yours i do actively spend my bitcoin to fill up the needs for everyday living but i do still save some of it.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 12:30:58 PM

I choose the shop that are accepting bitcoin as payment, I think direct transaction with bitcoin would then make other shop realizes the usefulness of bitcoin and I think it is a hustle free for the community like myself that are still converting my bitcoin to fiat to buy in any shop in my country this will make my time worth while and would really make the transaction real fast.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: