Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 02:06:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: well i think im done  (Read 1951 times)
DanJaker

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 03:15:42 AM

The problem is your using paypal, paypal is useless, there are a number of other ways to do business with cryptocurrencies...
ooeygooeygold

Activity: 465
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 05:04:39 AM

one day we will all be rich Grin
XXthetimeisnowXX

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

a wolf in sheeps clothing. suckerfish

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 06:12:43 AM

Live and learn, don't give up. If your serious about quitting I see your from the UK I might be interested in your equipment.

im only a state away...not to be stateist but there are some shady mother fuckers in colorado. i used to work out ther. its a shit hole and everyone is trying to be harder than everyone else. not to say there are priks everywhere there but not such a good place to live/work. im out of there. sorry to here that. maybe ill go knock on there door for ya Smiley
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 06:16:14 AM

iv been hanging in there for 3 months now and iv just had it bitcoin is way to stressful for what its worth and for the first time in my life im against something anonymous (these are the sort of reasons that so much finachal stuff requires so much personal information) its a shame bitcoin could be good but a few selfish a**holes spoil it, the way i feel right now i would probably kill the person if i found them

Don't sell BTC for Paypal it's the golden rule! Sorry to hear of your experience though. The best thing to do is learn from the experience, pick yourself up and go out there and make even more BTC!
justabitoftime

Activity: 154

CoinTropolis

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 07:21:31 AM

it's very important to trade only in trustworthy traders.
the rest are not secure..

This is solid advice. Trustyworthy traders + escrow = success.  There's a poker expression which comes to mind:

"Don't trust anyone but your momma, then cut the deck"

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 07:29:01 AM

Bitcoin works fine, it's paypal that's utterly stupid, you need to stop using paypal or ebay, maybe bitmit instead? At least that's going to be Bitcoin friendly, honestly, the loss sucks but it seems what you've done is completely ignore every piece of warning that a Bitcointalk user has posted repeatedly on here for the past several months so I'm not surprised you've been scammed out of your coins.
Deafboy

Activity: 482
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 07:29:10 AM

I don't always agree with Goat, but this:
Quit BTC cuz paypal rips you off?

Selling BTC on e-bay is against every recommendation on the forum, and against e-bay policies itself. OP doesn't make any sense.
vm1990 (OP)
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 09:51:07 AM

If you dont want to get ripped off sell them to me. When you sell on ebay you are getting very high prices for your coins, with the added price comes greater risk. I have sold a few hundred coins on ebay and was only ripped off by one guy he got me for 2 coins and then left negative feedback. I have been selling on ebay for over 5 years for a living and if you think you are just going to jump in there and not get screwed you are wrong. Ebay is full of scammers, you can buy hacked accounts so it is easy to scam. Sorry you got screwed.aasasw

thats kinda painful but im not some noob on ebay been selling on and off for even longer than you sold 1000s of items on my various accounts its just bitcoins as paypal must see them as competition so wont accept them as legit items.

vm1990 (OP)
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 09:58:42 AM

Selling BTC on e-bay is against every recommendation on the forum, and against e-bay policies itself. OP doesn't make any sense.

oooo your so negative but that said i guess its a stupid mistake and im back on bitcoin for now anyway. its not really paypals fault its the humans inbetween thats the problem suppose i got to trusting after having some very good experiences with some very nice ebayers

bzh

Activity: 34

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 10:18:09 AM

You're done with Bitcoin because Paypal is crap and allows people to rip you off?

That doesn't seem to make much sense.

Wouldn't it make more sense to give up on Paypal?

Paypal is in fact the reason I became interested in bit coin. They charge huge fees and claim they insure transactions, but they charge you the original payment in case of a refund. They keep the fees and falsely claim that they insured the purchase.
Tsaoulas

Activity: 16

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 10:39:43 AM

Don't give up man,these things happen,yesterday a guy tried to sell me a bot by asking me to "open ports 22 so he could log into my pc to change some things" Grin

scammers are hilarious,I have to admit.
RustyShackleford1950

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 10:41:27 AM

Never use paypal. It's just not worth it.

On keyboard, the big d, rusty shackleford
deadweasel

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 01:19:04 PM

oooo your so negative but that said i guess its a stupid mistake and im back on bitcoin for now anyway. its not really paypals fault its the humans inbetween thats the problem suppose i got to trusting after having some very good experiences with some very nice ebayers

On the newbie section there is an important thread called TRUST NO ONE.  Do not let your trust for one BTC user leak into your trust for another. 

A fool and his BTC are soon parted.

sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 08:55:22 PM

I sell for paypal every day and dont get charged back. It is all about knowing who is legit and who is not. Trust no one is complete bullshit, if you want to make money trust the right people.
jperl

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 09:12:03 PM

You're done with Bitcoin because Paypal is crap and allows people to rip you off?

That doesn't seem to make much sense.

Wouldn't it make more sense to give up on Paypal?

Paypal is in fact the reason I became interested in bit coin. They charge huge fees and claim they insure transactions, but they charge you the original payment in case of a refund. They keep the fees and falsely claim that they insured the purchase.

I would love to see a trustable version of Paypal for Bitcoin that actually ensures the transactions.
Anna Moss

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 09:28:24 PM

I too would like to see a trustworthy version of Paypal for Bitcoins. 

"Don't trust anyone but your momma, then cut the deck"
lol
movellan

Activity: 361

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 09:34:13 PM

also there ebay id is

alkalinesky (31)
100.0% Positive Feedback
Member since 12-Oct-99 in United States

Is this the auction number you got screwed on? --->  321111248305

If so, eBay deleted this item so it cannot have an ongoing PayPal chargeback.

Also user "alkalinesky" just changed his user ID to "77bluesky".
BeeCoin

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 09:41:37 PM

IMO Paypal and Bitcoins don't mix well... AT ALL...
jfranko

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 09:58:03 PM

I  was thinking of selling on ebay but the more the I hear the less sure I am.
jayrat

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 04:18:04 AM

as it says i think iv had it im giving up on bitcoins.

im in a 2nd fight over paypal now and im just sick of it iv been mining bitcoins for over a year and my mining gear and everything will be switched of at the end of the month bitcoins are fine aslong as you trust people but really there are that many people who keep ripping people off iv had it

there Bitcoin address 1FpYNg82zhrP8RXoDTASumeASLi7EbPpmy

if anyone sees this bitcoin address pop up anywhere let me know id love to find out who it is and beat them so hard they wont use a computer again

transaction id
https://blockchain.info/tx/697813343aa4dcf442f576abc14d2fa8b6477cd9727377412ae006ff30c0be21

alot of people might think its not alot but it was for £40 and now i dont have enough money for rent.... so yeh id go begging but theres not really any point
also feel free to message me and ill be more than happy to give you the apparent account holders name and address  

also a note if you use ebay and paypal dont be retarded and use the same password for both

also there ebay id is

alkalinesky (31)
100.0% Positive Feedback
Member since 12-Oct-99 in United States

sadly they opened the case just after i left feedback (note to self give up leaving feedback)

Once i get my coins up and running i plan on doing the same thing over ebay except i'm going to have a rule that they need to open then close a claim before i send them the coin.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: