Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 02:46:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: well i think im done  (Read 1951 times)
vm1990 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 07:35:13 PM

as it says i think iv had it im giving up on bitcoins.

im in a 2nd fight over paypal now and im just sick of it iv been mining bitcoins for over a year and my mining gear and everything will be switched of at the end of the month bitcoins are fine aslong as you trust people but really there are that many people who keep ripping people off iv had it

there Bitcoin address 1FpYNg82zhrP8RXoDTASumeASLi7EbPpmy

if anyone sees this bitcoin address pop up anywhere let me know id love to find out who it is and beat them so hard they wont use a computer again

transaction id
https://blockchain.info/tx/697813343aa4dcf442f576abc14d2fa8b6477cd9727377412ae006ff30c0be21

alot of people might think its not alot but it was for £40 and now i dont have enough money for rent.... so yeh id go begging but theres not really any point
also feel free to message me and ill be more than happy to give you the apparent account holders name and address  

also a note if you use ebay and paypal dont be retarded and use the same password for both

also there ebay id is

alkalinesky (31)
100.0% Positive Feedback
Member since 12-Oct-99 in United States

sadly they opened the case just after i left feedback (note to self give up leaving feedback)

palmcoins

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 07:36:38 PM

Sorry to hear that!
coffeeandclove

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 07:56:01 PM

Hey well I know what you mean because so many of the bitcoin related websites are buggy and not trustworthy, etc. They are obviously not subject to banking regulations and there are reports all over here of people having their money stolen. I've thought about giving up myself but will hang in there awhile longer.
vm1990 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 08:03:55 PM

iv been hanging in there for 3 months now and iv just had it bitcoin is way to stressful for what its worth and for the first time in my life im against something anonymous (these are the sort of reasons that so much finachal stuff requires so much personal information) its a shame bitcoin could be good but a few selfish a**holes spoil it, the way i feel right now i would probably kill the person if i found them

nebulus

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

... it only gets better...

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 09:05:20 PM

People rip people off - fact of life, you've got to accept this. I've been ripped off quite a bit of times here. Good luck!

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 09:07:46 PM

maybe you get ripped off by individual actors in the bitcoin community but at-least the currency its self isn't ripping me off, you know like the currency in the "regulated" economy.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
mining4dice

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 09:08:43 PM

buy btc for cash only
Joshster

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 09:11:05 PM

Live and learn, don't give up. If your serious about quitting I see your from the UK I might be interested in your equipment.
8bitp

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 09:16:01 PM

I'm sorry for you.

I believe, other things in live will bring you back again!  Wink
ArbitrageX

Activity: 16

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 09:18:30 PM

The anonymous aspect to BTC is a double edged sword...

Frankly, I'm not breaking any laws, planning to, or trafficking in anything I shouldn't be.

I would get the most value out of this system if it was more secure.  But with anonymity there is no accountability...
LiteBurner

Activity: 50

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 09:36:59 PM

hmmm, he did a claimback on paypal? Paypal payments come with all their info.
n.montross1

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 10:10:26 PM

Ok well it sounds like you were selling Bitcoins on ebay which was VERY risky to begin with.  When you sell electronic goods on ebay there is zero seller protection.   The buyer could post you positive feedback and say they love everything and then still get a chargeback that ebay would approve automatically.

You really aren't even supposed to sell digital currency on ebay even though they seem to allow it. But I've heard people are getting their Payapal accounts frozen for selling it, so I would be careful there.  I wouldn't sell it on there just due to that. 

But very sorry to hear about your situation.
egorisek36

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 10:15:46 PM

it's very important to trade only in trustworthy traders.
the rest are not secure..
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 4658

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 12:12:12 AM

You're done with Bitcoin because Paypal is crap and allows people to rip you off?

That doesn't seem to make much sense.

Wouldn't it make more sense to give up on Paypal?
ooeygooeygold

Activity: 465
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 12:15:39 AM

that sucks! paypal is nightmare there holding a bunch of my money I wouldn't quit yet tho...soon bitcoins will worth an ounce of gold
tesserajk

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 12:50:27 AM

I have had nothing but bad luck with PayPal and unfortunately there are enough scammers that a lot of people end up in your situation. I have had a lot of luck sticking to localbitcoins.com or bitcoin-otc trading with very trusted traders.
vm1990 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 02:27:34 AM

right after a bit of thinking im not giving up on btc just yet but im going to give paypal a run for there money failing that anyone know when anonymouse want to rape paypal again? i would like to root them on.. wouldnt want to cost paypal lost earnings by joining in  Undecided

as for using paypal dont really have much choice in the UK considering were one of the worlds banking hubs the UK as a whole is crap for anything money wise

sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 02:36:19 AM

If you dont want to get ripped off sell them to me. When you sell on ebay you are getting very high prices for your coins, with the added price comes greater risk. I have sold a few hundred coins on ebay and was only ripped off by one guy he got me for 2 coins and then left negative feedback. I have been selling on ebay for over 5 years for a living and if you think you are just going to jump in there and not get screwed you are wrong. Ebay is full of scammers, you can buy hacked accounts so it is easy to scam. Sorry you got screwed.aasasw
Bytecoiner

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 02:42:57 AM

as for using paypal dont really have much choice in the UK

Yet. Bitcoin will find a way.  Wink
cash4net

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 03:10:53 AM

as for using paypal dont really have much choice in the UK

Yet. Bitcoin will find a way.  Wink

what did they rip you on? and why didnt u use escrow?
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: