Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:41:51 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Bitcoin Intro Course is Now Free  (Read 1044 times)
charleshoskinson (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 07:47:09 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2013, 06:41:17 AM by charleshoskinson

https://www.udemy.com/bitcoin-or-how-i-learned-to-stop-worrying-and-love-crypto/

Donations Welcome

189tfJJhCJFtkr4MZJgcB3yuGTfUh7cvUL

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all
charleshoskinson (OP)
Legendary

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 10:11:50 PM

I've attached the reddit link. Spread the love

http://redd.it/1crkqj

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all
mokimarket

Activity: 422
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 12:11:45 AM

I'd be interested in a course with a bit more math. One similar to the cryptology course on coursera but focusing on bitcoin. By the end of the course I would want to be able to code my own coin.
charleshoskinson (OP)
Legendary

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 12:30:42 AM

I'd be interested in a course with a bit more math. One similar to the cryptology course on coursera but focusing on bitcoin. By the end of the course I would want to be able to code my own coin.

See:

And put a request in

bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1464
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 12:34:32 AM

Definitely worth the $10 you were initially charging, judging from watching about 45 minutes of a few lectures.  Great intro. Appropriate depth. Strong work.

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
charleshoskinson (OP)
Legendary

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 12:55:49 AM

Definitely worth the $10 you were initially charging, judging from watching about 45 minutes of a few lectures.  Great intro. Appropriate depth. Strong work.

I'll eventually charge for it again. But right now my focus is on getting as much feedback as possible from the community to make this course perfect. I am so tired of the media and people online due to ignorance claiming the bitcoin is a ponzi scheme. We need something to hit back with for the mainstream.

Once I charge for the course. I'll be donating 10% of the proceeds to the Bitcoin foundation in Bitcoins. I'll publish the donation logs in the course supplemental material section. 

bg002h
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 03:16:44 AM

"Udemy would like to access your public profile, friend list, email address, birthday, work history, education history, interests, current city, personal description, likes and your friends' interests, personal descriptions and likes."  In addition they want to post to any friends.  Are you sure that is all you need?

It needs none of that. But, if you're lazy, that's the easiest thing to do. It's what I did. I'm lazy.

bg002h
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 03:30:38 AM

"Udemy would like to access your public profile, friend list, email address, birthday, work history, education history, interests, current city, personal description, likes and your friends' interests, personal descriptions and likes."  In addition they want to post to any friends.  Are you sure that is all you need?

It needs none of that. But, if you're lazy, that's the easiest thing to do. It's what I did. I'm lazy.

Yes, that is why you never enter that info into Facebook to begin with so there I no issue about clicking through.
I have friends. I'm too lazy to make a shadow account. I'm a busy fella. I don't always need great privacy.

charleshoskinson (OP)
Legendary

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 04:36:17 AM

Bandwidth and platform is free. Everything costs something.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: