Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:13:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you care on interest rate of FED that will increase the rate on incoming date  (Read 311 times)
sekaiissobig (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 01:44:55 PM

Hi, all. Long time no see.

I wonder do anybody care for the Monetary policy of the FED? because I don't see any post are discussing the relationship between interest rate and bitcoin price.
We can see that FED is going to increase the interest rate on the incoming day.
Do the bitcion price is going to drop down due to this policy change?
I think it is going to drop down the value of bitcoin and balancing it value in the range of 1000 - 1200 usd on the coming next 4 months.
The value of US dollar will increase when the rate increase and all other value of currency would decrease.
And top 5 market exchange for bitcoin include china,usa and europe.
Although the decrease of currencies is expected, investors and traders will seek other assets such as bitcoin as safe monetary system.
However, we can see the things recently shown that bitcoin isn't the first choice for investor,
the S&p dow jones indices is increasing generally which lead by bank and president trumph is going to invest huge amount of money into infrastructure which i think is a better way to earn for most investor.
Whereas for China, they are helding National People's Congress (NPC) and National Committee of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC) which highlight the importance of real economy compared to virtual economy.
Besides, they are going to invest hugely in infrastructure too.

So, some traders will possible will not consider bitcoin as a wealth management product due to policy change.
What do you think?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2017, 02:16:10 PM

I strongly believe that the FED is finally going to get off their asses and start seriously ratcheting up the interest rates. Sadly, I don't believe they will be doing this for the right reasons, I believe they know it will bring down the markets significantly and this plays into their anti Trump narrative. Note, I am in the camp that thinks the markets are currently overpriced.

HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2017, 04:35:17 AM

If Trump wants to hit his 4% GDP growth promise this year, he should hope the Fed doesn't raise rates. Further, Trump's accused past economic data of being fake...any move from the Fed give him something to blame (other than himself) for any failures he achieves.

There's $779B in credit card debt in the US. All credit card debt has a variable interest rate. If the Fed raises rates another 25 bps the annual interest alone on regular Americans will be $1.95B!

That's nearly $2B that could be going into American businesses (outside of the five or so banks that offer credit cards of course).

Inflation hasn't gotten out of control, it's too soon. Of course the Fed needs to represent that the economy is humming, so they'll raise. And all of us will pay more in interest than to the shit we need in life, or (heaven forbid) to savings, which would help the future economy and government expenditures much better.

The real asshole move out of all of this is that regular banks won't increase their savings rates to reflect the 25 bps hike, yet they'll increase their credit and loan rates by the full hike. Fuckers, most of them at least.

https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/average-credit-card-debt-household/

Oh, and I don't think the Bitcoin price will be affected. Bitcoin's price can't be influenced as easily by moves of a single country. Lower country risk is a brilliant "feature" of this currency.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: